Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome! Well deserved. Would not have been upset if Revis won it. Didn't get to see him play, but I got to see the list of WRs he held under 35 yards. Very impressive. I'm sure he'll win one of 2 DPOYs before his careers over.

But, this is Woodson's year.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:40 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
I just like how you rhymed there at the end...that just can't be taught.
hate to disappoint, but i didnt rhyme, i said sh*t. but if you prefer, im ok with it if you want to pretend i did haha
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess this is some what compensation for the loss. It still burns.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I guess this is some what compensation for the loss. It still burns.
I feel your pain. That loss was devastating... and we've had some bad ones in this decade (4th & 26, the NFC Championship Game come straight to mind).

But Im really glad Woodson won this. He was absolutely amazing this year. He covered extremely well, he blitzed well, he was a ballhawk, he made plays with the ball in his hands, and he was fantastic against the run. He was amazing in every part of the game. I hope he's got another couple years of that left in him.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
hate to disappoint, but i didnt rhyme, i said sh*t. but if you prefer, im ok with it if you want to pretend i did haha
Well ain't that a shot to the pills...and yes, yes I'll continue to pretend hah

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so the third best corner in the league wins the defensive mvp, dont get it

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:10 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
amen! i love you. about time someone besides me expresses their disdain for this.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
i dont mean to be a debbie downer, but i really hate charles woodsen. he is a good player, but he is a hack. he gets away with more **** than any other player. and now everyone is going to scream and shout and disagree with me, but i dont give a ****. i hate chuck.
You've got to be kidding. Revis is constantly grabbing the opposing receiver's jersey down the sideline, getting too physical after five yards, getting to the receiver before the ball, etc. Now you can't fault a guy for getting away with what they're allowed to get away with, but the point stands. Both of them are allowed to get away with murder, but part of being a corner back is knowing what the refs will call you for and what they won't.

All the people bitching about the touchdown Charles Woodson gave up to Larry Fitzgerald, must not have watched the whole Bengals-Jets games. Ochocinco beat Revis twice for what should have been touchdowns. First time he got behind Revis and should've been a sure six but he broke to the inside and Palmer threw the ball to the outside. Later on (might have been the same drive) Chad caught the ball in the end zone, got both feet down, but dropped the ball as he hit the ground. Chad actually had a pretty good game last week, despite not showing up on the stat sheet.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both him and Revis deserved it, I'm happy for him.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
diesel
Rookie

diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He could of had 99 int's and 72 returned for TD's and these people would still be on here hatin'. Good job Woody, making plays.

diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good, now we don't have to hear Packers fans go crazy over this, thank God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Woodson had the best all-around season for a corner in years. He was a top three corner in coverage, far and away the best against the run, best blitzing corner (2 sacks, 2 hits, 6 pressures), and picked off 9 passes (3 returned for touchdowns). Only five corners who were on the field for more than 950 plays were thrown at less and no player who played 950 defensive snaps allowed less receptions than Woodson. EDIT: Except Nnamdi Asomugha.

Revis was the best pure cover corner this season, but Woodson was the best all-around corner back and it wasn't that close.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

[quote=P-L;1967043] far and away the best against the run[quote]

antoine winfield begs to differ
Old 01-12-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
, far and away the best against the run, .
antoine winfield begs to differ.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well deserved. Just a complete player, who was out there doing everything at various different positions. Now that's DPOY.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im glad Woodson won it. I have always liked him. Obviously being a Jets fan, I wanted Revis to win but I couldn't care less. They both had phenominal seasons. Revis was better at shutting down WR's this year but Woodson beat him in almost every statistical category. I think that gave Woodson the edge.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Tell us how you really feel, Prock..

This is long overdue. Congrats to him. Well deserved.
Not really, he's amazing, and he really deserved it this year, but it's not like he's been robbed in the past.

Like I said though, well deserved, I felt like he was a bit of a disappointment in Oakland, considering how amazing he was in college and the high hopes I had for him, but he's aging like a fine wine.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Woodson had the best all-around season for a corner in years. He was a top three corner in coverage, far and away the best against the run, best blitzing corner (2 sacks, 2 hits, 6 pressures), and picked off 9 passes (3 returned for touchdowns). Only five corners who were on the field for more than 950 plays were thrown at less and no player who played 950 defensive snaps allowed less receptions than Woodson. EDIT: Except Nnamdi Asomugha.

Revis was the best pure cover corner this season, but Woodson was the best all-around corner back and it wasn't that close.
IMO its nnamdi>revis>woodson and than a big gap to the rest but even in this season that order was the way I see it. woodson is lett hippocket and therefore can make more plays on the ball

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you could make a good case for Woodson or Revis and neither would be wrong, but Revis has many more seasons to play. I'm glad Woodson got the award.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What more did Revis need to do?
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Revis is still very young...he'll get his, no doubt in my mind about that
Old 01-12-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
If not for Woodson's body of work I think Revis would've won it. He had a very special year as a shutdown corner, but sometimes with these awards they turn into a lifetime achievement award.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Go Tonya Harding on CWood's ass.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Good, now we don't have to hear Packers fans go crazy over this, thank God.
No, now its just everyone else instead :/
Old 01-12-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
But Im really glad Woodson won this. He was absolutely amazing this year. He covered extremely well, he blitzed well, he was a ballhawk, he made plays with the ball in his hands, and he was fantastic against the run. He was amazing in every part of the game. I hope he's got another couple years of that left in him.
I feel like he definitely has a few years in him left at a high level, + we already knows he's a beastly FS.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote