Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dallas vs. Ravens in the Big Show?

I know we have a lot of Dallas & Ravens fans here who would like to see it.

No playoff winning teams destroyed their opponents more obviously in the WC series last weekend, both offensive gameplans clicked on all cylinders, no better job done scouting the opponents.

Both served notice that they're back in big ways, Dallas with its 1st playoff win since '96, got rid of their December Jinx for good I hope, B-More Ravens back since current ESPN NFL analyst Trent Dilfer was playing QB & Billick was HC.

Both Flacco & Romo have emerged as team leaders & formidable QBs in their own rights. Both had new o-line members come in at the right times, Matt Birk at center in B-more & Doug Free replacing Marc Columbo in Dallas, both contributed to offensive success.

HCs couldn't be more different though, Wade Phillips is all laid back & not hands-on at all with players, while Jim Harbaugh re-instituted needed discipline in the Ravens locker room. Phillips did bring in veteran LB Keith Brookings from his Atlanta asst. days as a player-coach type on the Dallas defense & he lit a fire under otherwise underachievers there.

I would like to see this matchup. And I'd like to see B-more beat Indy & Dallas beat the Saints (again) to get there. What do you think?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are these teams that didn't play this past weekend, some of them include the Colts Chargers Saints and Vikings.

Wait til next weekend :P

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is online now   Reply With Quote
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would hate this matchup because I hate both of these teams. That said, it'd be a hell of a game and I would not surprised to see it happen.
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco was being protected, late in the half he had about 6 attempted passes. Anything can happen but I am not so sure the Ravens are equipped to survive a shootout with the Colts. Likewise I do not believe the Vikings are a one and done team, but I'm just as impressed with Dallas so who knows. Cards/Saints winner will definitely be the underdog to the Dallas/Vikings winner. Does every potential Super Bowl matchup get a thread?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LizardState... why? o why?

Get ready for the bashing...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of right now, I think it's going to be Dallas vs. San Diego. No one finished the regular season as hot as those two teams. In the NFC, I don't think anyone can stop Dallas with their biggest challenge being this weekend against Minnesota. Neither New Orleans nor Arizona will be able to play with Big D, even though the Cardinals would give them a better game than the Saints.

As far as the AFC, San Diego just looks monstrous. Everything is clicking for them and Rivers is arguably playing the best football right now for his position. One of Baltimore's biggest challenges is going to be getting past Indianapolis, a team that has been their kryptonite the past several seasons. Even if they do get past the Colts, they will still need to get past the Bolts, which will probably be tougher than Indy.

Out of the eight teams left in the playoffs I do not have any faith in the Saints or Jets to get to the Super Bowl, much less the next round of the playoffs. After that, in order of confidence it goes as such:

1. Chargers
2. Cowboys
3. Colts
4. Ravens
5. Vikings
6. Cardinals

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey if Cards get Boldin back they'll be scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
LizardState... why? o why?

Get ready for the bashing...
B/C they both didn't just win vs. formidable opponents in Rd. 1 of the playoffs, they both shredded those opponents. Even B-More & Dallas fans were stunned. The Ravens scored a 73-yd TD with Rice's run up the middle on the 1st play from scrimmage, now that's impressive.

Quote:
Impressive as they were hanging 51 on the Packers, the team with the Defensive MVP, questions about him being ready kept me from thinking Zona would advance much further. That & being in/winning a weak division, SF was rebuilding with a new HC & the Seahawks & Rams were nonfactors.

Yeah the Bolts are a genuine juggernaut, I kept thinking about their last playoff fail vs. Bellichick outcoaching Schottenheimer. I realize Turner is > Schottenheimer by several degrees of magnitude, & Rivers has peaked at the best time of his career for them to earn a place on the top shelf of current NFL QBs, but they look like a team in transition right now to me, next yr. both Tomlinson & Merriman will be gone. If they beat Indy & advance it will be on Rivers' arm & their awesome receivers.

Last edited by LizardState : 01-13-2010 at 01:49 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
They weren't scary when they dropped 51 without him!?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two wild-card teams? (that is what they are, wild-card teams. Lest we forget). I don't buy it. No. Maybe one of the two (my guess would be the Cowboys). But not both.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're half right, LizardState. It's Dallas and San Diego.

Also Addict, Cowboys won the East when they beat Phillly in week 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even without Boldin I think they are still pretty scary. Breston is no slouch, and Doucet looked decent. Beanie broke off a big run, and just looking at the thread about Warner in the playoffs, most of us agree he is one of the best QB's ever in the playoffs. And we know what they were able to accomplish last year... I'm rooting for them to get back.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
You're half right, LizardState. It's Dallas and San Diego.

Also Addict, Cowboys won the East when they beat Phillly in week 17
no bye + wild card playoff game = wild card playoff team in my book.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this thread could of held off another week but I wouldn't mind busting the Cowboys ass in the Superbowl. We are worried about Indy right now and not even thinking Superbowl yet. This is our biggest challenge. We have never beat the Colts but we never beat the Patriots either. So anything is possible. I am not nervous about the Chargers as much as Iam about the Colts. We have already beat the Chargers this year. I know they are a different team and all that stuff but I still feel confident going into that game. I am not even too confident the Chargers will beat the Jets. I know everyone else is.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Last edited by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES : 01-12-2010 at 02:10 PM.
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post

Yeah the Bolts are a genuine juggernaut, I kept thinking about their last playoff fail vs. Bellichick outcoaching Schottenheimer. I realize Turner is > Schottenheimer by several degrees of magnitude, & Rivers has peaked at the best time of his career for them to earn a place on the top shelf of current NFL QBs, but they look like a team in transition right now to me, next yr. both Tomlinson & Merriman will be gone. If they beat Indy & advance it will be on Rivers' arm & their awesome receivers.
If anything, Baltimore is the team transitioning mayne. Ladainian and Merriman might be gone next year but that's not this year, and the grim reality is that neither of them have been very impactful this season.

'If they beat Indy & advance'...well that can only happen in the AFC Championship, which means the Ravens will already be out, negating this thread and forcing us down an alternate reality in which vampires have become 99% of the world's population and only have enough blood to sustain their population for another month.

For now, go Bolts, boo Jets, that's all that matters to me.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 2009 Patriots were not as good as their numbers and ranks. NE's weaknesses played right into the strengths of the Ravens. Baltimore's performance was very impressive but they won't face a interior Oline as bad as NE's in any of the remaining opponents. Nor will they face as bad a LB core.

The Ravens and Cowboys in the superbowl would not be a surprise since they are both playing great football. However, as mentioned, so are other teams. Some of which are coming off bye weeks and playing at home this weekend.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For some reason, I've got the Jets as the super bowl long-shot I could see pulling it off. Maybe the Bengals just sucked up the joint, but the Jets looked impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if they are able to run 5-6yds a carry on either the Chargers or Colts. On defense, Revis can take away the top WR, double-team the TE, and see if Peyton/Rivers can win without their 2 best targets.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ravens can hang with any team in the league. At some point probably this week it's going to come down to Flacco having to make some plays. We'll see how it turns out. The Ravens record suffered this season with them wanting so much to have Flacco throw 25+ times a game and not running the ball enough but I think him having done that will help him in the playoffs when he's back to just getting 15-20 attempts a game.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
We have already beat the Chargers this year. I know they are a different team and all that stuff but I still feel confident going into that game. I am not even too confident the Chargers will beat the Jets. I know everyone else is.
Hm I remain cautiously optimistic about the Jets. Stop me when I start sounding too much like a homer, but the Cowboys, Bengals, and Titans were supposed to be able to run on the Chargers and they didn't. Chris Johnson did get his yards, long after the outcome was decided. You can't tell me the Jets running game is that much better than those teams. This whole season the Chargers have shredded defenses that blitz too much, which is what the Jets are all about. 80% of their snaps? A high percentage is to be expected out of a 3-4 but still. Chargers are also the best screen team left in the tournament.

Finally all the harping on the Chargers D...they are ranked what, 20th? Terrible. But let me put into perspective how bad they were during that 2-3 start, when they lost to the Ravens in the final seconds: if you only factor in the last 11 games (the winning streak) they would be 7th in overall defense.

Bengals were weak, undynamic and stumbled into the playoffs backwards, I think the Chargers/Jets is a serious mismatch but am not into guarantees.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
B/C they both didn't just win vs. formidable opponents in Rd. 1 of the playoffs, they both shredded those opponents. Even B-More & Dallas fans were stunned.

Impressive as they were hanging 51 on the Packers, the team with the Defensive MVP, questions about him being ready kept me from thinking Zona would advance much further. That & being in/winning a weak division, SF was rebuilding with a new HC & the Seahawks & Rams were nonfactors.

yeah they won by a lot in the first round of the playoffs. they didnt play teams of the same caliber of the teams they will face this weekend. the top two teams get byes for a reason, so just because people won by a lot in wild card weekend doesnt mean they are automatically super bowl favorites. there is a reason the vikings, colts, saints, and chargers earned byes. i also dont think your point about the cardinals not being in a good division has any merit. they just put up 51 on the "second ranked defense" (which is a completely skewed ranking). who is in their division has no relavence to their playoff performance. and im also going to disagree that turner is a better coach than schottenheimer. marty was one of the best regular season coaches of all time, he just wasnt a good playoff coach. turner was an annual goat. he used to be a running punch line. i dont think he is a better coach than schottenheimer.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and one more thing, i think this is a dumb thread. the best four teams in the league havent even played a playoff game, and you are already crowning the ravens and cowboys and super bowl favorites? might as well start a thread for every potential super bowl matchup.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not trying to say the Chargers aren't a good team. They are a really good team. I am just saying they are going up against the best defense in the league. They have a MEAN secondary and the Chargers like to pass. If I were a Chargers fan I would be confident in this game but you can't blame a Jets fan for being just as confident. If they play good defense, run the ball well, and control the clock they can win that game. Same goes for the Ravens
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
I am not trying to say the Chargers aren't a good team. They are a really good team. I am just saying they are going up against the best defense in the league. They have a MEAN secondary and the Chargers like to pass. If I were a Chargers fan I would be confident in this game but you can't blame a Jets fan for being just as confident. If they play good defense, run the ball well, and control the clock they can win that game. Same goes for the Ravens
Yah that's true, I mean the bottom line is it's the playoffs and anything can happen. Until about week 14 of this season I maintained that the Chargers looked terrific but were still a few pieces away from being able to think Super Bowl, but Rivers is just playing at such a high level and the table is set so well (no Pats or Steelers, our kryptonite) that I have to get behind them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
and im also going to disagree that turner is a better coach than schottenheimer. marty was one of the best regular season coaches of all time, he just wasnt a good playoff coach. turner was an annual goat. he used to be a running punch line. i dont think he is a better coach than schottenheimer.
Marty has had an amazing career, but take it from me, as far as the Chargers are concerned Norv Turner can leave a huge steaming pile in Marty's hat.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Everything is clicking for them and Rivers is arguably playing the best football right now for his position.
Rivers has been the best quarterback in football over the last two seasons. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who has noticed.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Rivers has been the best quarterback in football over the last two seasons. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who has noticed.
Nope, I love me some Philip. I've always said he's got Bledsoe's legs and Plummer's arm, but he's just a baller. I was convinced after watching him beat the Colts and took the then 17-0 Patriots to the wire by himself with two bum knees.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote