Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 01-13-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Offseason (if CBA is reached)

Here is my offseason predictions if the CBA reaches an agreement:

Resign:

-Barret Ruud- 6 years
-Donald Penn - 5 years
-Antonio Bryant- 4 years
-Clifton Smith- 4 years
-Caddilac Williams- 3 years
-Maurice Stovall - 2 years
-Corey Lynch- 2 years
-Tim Crowder - 2 years

CUT/Let go:

-Michael Clayton( yea we lose money against the cap, but its worthless anyways if we keep him).
- Jeremy Trueblood: Im sure we can find a RT in the middle rounds of the Draft; demar Dotson or someone in FA to replace him.
- Chris Hovan
-Ryan Simms
-Jimmy Wilkerson( Kyle moore took more snaps away and i liked how he was able to provide Pressure. He may be resigned, but if he is, he might be for depth.)

FREE AGENCY:
- Richard Marshall CB
- Alex Barron T
- Barry Coefied DT
- Darryl Tapp DE

NFL Draft:
1st round- Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma
2nd ROund(a)- Everson Griffen DE USC
2nd Round (b)- Arrelious Benn WR Illinois
3rd Round- Devin McCourtney CB Rutgers
4th Round- Larry Assante SS Nebraska
5th Round- Mike Williams WR Syracuse
6th Round- Dekoda Watson LB Florida State
6th round- Alex Parsons G USC
7th Round- Lonyae Miller RB Fresno State
7th Round- Andrew Quarless TE Penn State

Line Up :
QB: Josh Freeman* Josh Johnson Byron Leftwich
RB: Caddalac Williams* Derrick Ward Lonyae Miller Clifton Smith
FB: Earnest Graham* demerrio Pressley
WR1: Antonio Bryant* Mike Williams Maurice Stovall
WR 2:Arrelious Benn* Sammie Stroughter **(3rd wr)
TE: Kellen Winslow* Andrew Quarless John Gilmore
LT: DOnald Penn* Xavier Fulton
LG: Aaron Sears* Jeremy Zuttah
C: Jeff Faine* Jeremy Zuttah Compas
Rg: Davin Joseph* Shawn Murphy
RT: Alex Barron* Demar Dotson

DEFENSE:
LE- Kyle Moore* Tim Crowder
NT: Roy Miller* Dre Moore
UT: Gerald McCoy* Barry Coefield
RE: Everson Griffen* Stylez White
WLB: Geno Hayes* Adam Hayword
MLB: Barret RUud* Niko Koulvildiates
SLB: Quincy Black* Dekota Watson Matt Mccoy
CB: Aquib Talib* Devin McCournty (dime) Elbert Mack
FS: Tanard Jackson * Sabby Piscatelli Corey Lynch
SS: Larry Assante * Sabby Piscatelli Corey Lynch
CB: Richard Marshall* Ronde Barber(nickel) EJ Biggers

K: Connor Barth
P: Josh Bidwell
KR and PR: CLifton Smith

What do you think of that 2010 roster?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we're really going to struggle to hang onto both Donald Penn AND Barrett Ruud if a CBA is reached.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:09 AM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

Holy SHEEEET. Great work my man.

Love the Benn and M. Williams picks.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:22 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Penn's importance >>>> Ruud's importance

try to trade Ruud and take Spikes or Washington in the 2nd. No way Griffen falls to the 2nd but thatd be a dream.

Also let Stovall go, unless he officially switches his position from WR to Special Teams Gunner so he stops wasting our time on offense
Old 01-14-2010, 08:08 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stovall is going to come cheap and he seamed to be a favorite target of Freeman. Also he is a very good 4th WR option and was good for the Bucs on Special Teams.

Donald Penn may not be back. The coaching staff were not happy with his work ethic in the off season and claimed that he was overweight. He was listed at 306 lbs but word leaked out that he reached about 340-350 range. He looked terrible in the run game and was very good handling top pass rushers, but with the advantage of me having the Sunday ticket this year, I noticed he was called for holding quite a bit.

Ruud thrives in the Tampa 2 system and with a team like washington looking for both T and QB, they could give up a 2nd round pick for Penn if we franchised him and gives the bucs a chance to lock up Ruud.

Right now, ive read that Griffen will be around come the early part of the 2nd round. After the combine, he may work his way up; but remember he is mostly suited for the 4-3 ends; a lot of teams wont take him top 15 and the later part of the 1st round; a 4-3 end isnt too much of a need, there fore i can see him being there at 35.

In the draft; I can see guys like Benn, Thomas and Lafell being there at 42. Benn and Thomas have the most upside,but in my opinion, Benn would be the better pick because he's more polished than Thomas. I think atleast one of those 2 will be available, but then again, wait until after the combine, everything changes.

Mike Williams, as of right now, is a mid round pick and scouts have him going anywhere from the 4th through 7th rounds because of him quitting syracuse. Its a good pick in the 5th for the Bucs because he has the talent to become a #1 WR and I think he could adjust better in the NFL under a guy like Raheem, who every player on the Bucs roster loves playing for. School may not be for everyone and his main focuss was on football, but it depends on how he interviews and answers those questions at the combine.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:11 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37922

That is a copy of my first round mock to show how i think we end up with Mccoy
Old 01-14-2010, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as I'm concerned, we NEED Penn. If we get rid of Penn how the hell can we hope to keep Josh Freeman safe? A left tackle who can actually block is incredibly important in the development of a young QB. We should at least retain him for one more season and if he plays well again, we give him the long-term, high bonus contract he wants and probably deserves.

Ruud on the other hand is one of my players. However the realist in me recognises that he is someone we could continue without. I'd love for him to stay as he is a more than capable starter, but I don't want to break the bank.

McCoy I'd be delighted with. Same with Benn in the 2nd. No way Griffen makes it to the second. He could be gone by pick 15 if he blows up at the combine.

I like your Free Agents though, except for Barron who stinks.

I'd also be hesitant to start a 4th round safety - although that has worked out well in the past! <3 Tanard.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:50 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I understand what your saying about Penn and we can replace him if someone like Marcus McNeil somehow is let go by San Diego. Remember, the Bucs are not happy with Donald Penn's work ethic and he needs to get in shape. Also, he is going to command a huge salary and I don't want the Bucs to overpay for him when they need to lock up other players like Tanard Jackson, whose a FA in 2011 and Davin Joseph and Geno Hayes. I think the Bucs won't make a huge splash in Free Agency and just sign guys who produce and fit there scheme and continue to build through the draft. This is a young and talented team and as the season went on, they seemed to play better.

The o-line will get an upgrade bc :
1. Their no longer going to run the ZBS, so guys like Davin Joseph and Aaron Sears can be the maulers they were 2 years ago.
2. Aaron Sears has had the past 6-7 weeks and a whole offseason to get back into football shape. His abscence showed tremendously as Zuttah cannot handle the left side and is more of a backup swing player/C than LG.
3. Penn gets in shape or the bucs go out and either draft or sign or trade for a quality LT. With Penn, Freeman still had no time to throw the ball as he dropped back and couldnt even let routes develop, thats why i think he threw some of those INTS.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I understand what your saying about Penn and we can replace him if someone like Marcus McNeil somehow is let go by San Diego. Remember, the Bucs are not happy with Donald Penn's work ethic and he needs to get in shape. Also, he is going to command a huge salary and I don't want the Bucs to overpay for him when they need to lock up other players like Tanard Jackson, whose a FA in 2011 and Davin Joseph and Geno Hayes. I think the Bucs won't make a huge splash in Free Agency and just sign guys who produce and fit there scheme and continue to build through the draft. This is a young and talented team and as the season went on, they seemed to play better.

The o-line will get an upgrade bc :
1. Their no longer going to run the ZBS, so guys like Davin Joseph and Aaron Sears can be the maulers they were 2 years ago.
2. Aaron Sears has had the past 6-7 weeks and a whole offseason to get back into football shape. His abscence showed tremendously as Zuttah cannot handle the left side and is more of a backup swing player/C than LG.
3. Penn gets in shape or the bucs go out and either draft or sign or trade for a quality LT. With Penn, Freeman still had no time to throw the ball as he dropped back and couldnt even let routes develop, thats why i think he threw some of those INTS.
The thing is, we can't replace Penn with just anybody. He is a quality player who is a starting caliber LT in the NFL. Those are hard to come by. Look how long it has taken us to find a decent one. Sure we could draft one, but wouldn't it just be easier to re-sign Penn (we can put a 1st and 3rd tender on him) and then take McCoy?

Penn does not deserve the blame for Freeman's picks. A good number of them were just bone-headed rookie mistakes.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I never did say it was all of penn's fault, the whole o-line didnt give freeman time to go through his reads. There were times he would fake a handoff and as soon as he turned around there were guys in his face and had to escape and either run or make the throw on the run. He was under pressure so much that he was making too many throws off his back foot.

Remember, the o-line was required to drop weight to fit the ZBS, Davin Joseph went from a 320 mauler to 308 or something like that to fit the ZBS and that didnt work. They have a full offseason in which they will focus as a unit and get bac to their playing weight.

Like I said, Penn is a quality LT in this league, but he can't be overwiehgt and out of shape and request a huge contract. Thats just non negotiable their.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I agree that the transition to a zone blocking scheme failed miserably. But I think the problems with our offense had more to do with the constant state of change it endured over the season as well as some 'dubious' playcalling from our offensive coordinator.

I agree that he can't come to camp overweight and out of shape. But that's just the risk you take with offensive lineman. He's played well throughout the last two season's, at least well enough to prove that he deserves a long term contract.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

I like it for the most part. I agree Griffen won't be there in the 2nd. Only thing that I would hope as far as the Draft is the Buc's draft more then just 2 Dlineman... Although I see you got us picking up a DE and DT in FA, not to familiar with them but that might work. I really like Benn, the comparison's to Percy Harvin are already starting...
I don't see why we need to draft a RB and TE, unless we don't resign Caddy and Smith.. Still have Kareem Huggins too.

Whoever said that we should convert M. Clayton to TE and move Winslow to Slot WR I think that would be a pretty good move.. (And I am going to be pushing that idea... lol)

As far as Rudd, from the comments he's made I'm getting the vibe he won't be back, but he might not have a lot of options...
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG View Post
I like it for the most part. I agree Griffen won't be there in the 2nd. Only thing that I would hope as far as the Draft is the Buc's draft more then just 2 Dlineman... Although I see you got us picking up a DE and DT in FA, not to familiar with them but that might work. I really like Benn, the comparison's to Percy Harvin are already starting...
I don't see why we need to draft a RB and TE, unless we don't resign Caddy and Smith.. Still have Kareem Huggins too.

Whoever said that we should convert M. Clayton to TE and move Winslow to Slot WR I think that would be a pretty good move.. (And I am going to be pushing that idea... lol)

As far as Rudd, from the comments he's made I'm getting the vibe he won't be back, but he might not have a lot of options...
Benn is 3 inches taller and a hell of a lot lighter than Harvin. I'm not a huge fan of that comparison as I don't think they are all that similar.

That second idea is terrible. Clayton would not be able to bulk up 30-40 pounds first of all. We need to cut him. Secondly, why bother messing with a good thing that is Winslow at TE? Use him like San Diego uses Gates - as a legitimate receiving threat.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Quote:
Benn is 3 inches taller and a hell of a lot lighter than Harvin. I'm not a huge fan of that comparison as I don't think they are all that similar.

That second idea is terrible. Clayton would not be able to bulk up 30-40 pounds first of all. We need to cut him. Secondly, why bother messing with a good thing that is Winslow at TE? Use him like San Diego uses Gates - as a legitimate receiving threat.
Ok maybe it was a bad comparison, but in terms of play making ability I think they are similar. Benn dosn't quite have the speed of Harvin but he is by no means slow. He returned kicks for the Illini too so.... He didn't put up huge numbers, but they didn't have good QB play at Illinois...

As far as Clayton he is already signed so it would be a total waste of $ to just cut him. I think if he put on 20 lbs and be a decent TE...

Last edited by KennyG : 01-14-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG View Post
Ok maybe it was a bad comparison, but in terms of play making ability I think they are similar. Benn dosn't quite have the speed of Harvin but he is by no means slow. He returned kicks for the Illini too so.... He didn't put up huge numbers, but they didn't have good QB play at Illinois...

As far as Clayton he is already signed so it would be a total waste of $ to just cut him. I think if he put on 20 lbs and be a decent TE...
But he can't run routes or catch the ball...

Old 01-14-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Penn's importance >>>> Ruud's importance

try to trade Ruud and take Spikes or Washington in the 2nd. No way Griffen falls to the 2nd but thatd be a dream.

Also let Stovall go, unless he officially switches his position from WR to Special Teams Gunner so he stops wasting our time on offense
I dont think Spikes would fit your defense at all. I think you should get Rolando McClain with your 1st, then Dan Williams or Brian Price in the 2nd.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

Quote:
But he can't run routes or catch the ball...
lol...........
Old 01-15-2010, 12:31 AM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
I dont think Spikes would fit your defense at all. I think you should get Rolando McClain with your 1st, then Dan Williams or Brian Price in the 2nd.
As a lifelong Gator, I have to agree with this. McClain > Spikes as far as MLB goes. But only because I think that Rolando is faster and more athletic.

Spikes has started for the past 3 years under Charlie Strong and that should definately help him transition quickly to the NFL game, IMHO.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
You're right, Spikes doesn't fit the D, yet neither does McClain or Williams. Sure, WIliams played for Kiffin in college, and he didn't dominate. He's 327 without a motor or much quickness or production, you gotta be quick and productive to play inthe t-2. McClain is just too big for the t-2... can you seriously imagine him trying to get 30-40 yards downfield in deep coverage? then he has to line up right after that and go again... it won't happen.Washington, Weatherspoon, and Angerer are all much better fits.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoyNamedSuh View Post
As a lifelong Gator, I have to agree with this. McClain > Spikes as far as MLB goes. But only because I think that Rolando is faster and more athletic.

Spikes has started for the past 3 years under Charlie Strong and that should definately help him transition quickly to the NFL game, IMHO.

How many players have really benefited fin the NFL from playing under Strong? You know why Charlie Strong was a great DC? Because Charlie Strong was a great recruiter. NFL is still filled with former Gator defenders that are as or more physically gifted than the other players in the NFL but can't play a lick.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote