Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 02-04-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
No way you can make excuses for Colledge because he played a little LT the 2 years prior to this one. Maybe then, not now. Just...no.
hey umphrey, is the "U" silent in that name? like an invisible "H"?

i think our OL this year graded out/ranked like this:
#1- Sitton
#2- Wells
#3- Tauscher
#4- Clifton
#5- Lang
#6- Colledge
#7- Barb-Wire
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NEW MOCK

I'm doing one here that's more of a prediction of what it tends to look like realistically, as opposed to what I'd do. You guys know Ted. I think last year's trade up was the exception for Ted. So here's what I forecast on draft day for Ted.

With the Patriots on the clock at pick #22, and the Packers on deck, the Packers War room and Packer Nation is excited that Brandon Graham is about to become a Packer. Horrifically, the Patriots select Graham right before our damn pick. As a result of that screw job:

TRADE ALERT:
After waiting for hours, Packer fans are pissed when they see their logo at #23 all of a sudden disappear and turn into #23 Kansas City.
The trade is: Packers trade their 1st round pick (#23 overall) to Kansas City for their two 2nd round picks. They are the #4 and #18 picks in round 2, or #36 & #50 overall. The Packers also send a 6th rounder to KC in the deal. http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

ROUND 2
Pick #36- Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma State 6-0, 198
Practicing against #1 WR Dez Bryant for 3 years helped him develop his skills.
A big corner with good but not elite speed, Perrish Cox shadowed No. 1 receivers all year. He picked 4 passes and broke up 15 more. One concern however: Cox was suspended for Oklahoma State's winter scrimmage against Ole Miss for undisclosed reasons. Cox notched 32 tackles, 8 passes broken up and 2 picks as a junior. Also, Cox returned 2 kickoffs for touchdowns.
He should be able to step right in and play ahead of Underwood, Pat Lee, Jarrett Bush, and the oft-injured Will Blackmon.

Pick #50- Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida 6-3, 256
Inside linebackers like Rey Maualuga and James Laurinaitis have fallen into the second round recently, so don't be surprised if Brandon Spikes takes a tumble as well.
Spikes is a guy who should have come out last year, just like Taylor Mays and Sam Bradford. His stock slipped a little bit, but he's a good player and a better inside blitzer than Nick Barnett, AJ Hawk, and Brandon Chillar already. He's a maniac on special teams as well, which immediately can improve this team.

Pick #56- Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas 6-4, 254
Bigger than Matthews on the other side, he's a serious physical specimen, and a great value here in round 2.
Kindle is physically gifted and some team may fall in love with him at the Combine. However, he had only 6 sacks as a senior. But he looked good against Bama in the BCS Title game.

Sergio was better in 08 than 09. Though he was just a first-year starter in 2008, the hard-working Sergio Kindle made a name for himself, notching 46 tackles, 12.5 TFL and 10 sacks.

ROUND 3
Pick #86- Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale 6-9, 321
Another small-school look here from Ted Thompson, Veldheer fits the bill on the Packers OL, and has a chance to be the heir-apparent to Chad Clifton on the left side of the line.
This guy is gigantic and even if he doesn't move, he's got such great length, he's hard to get around.

ROUND 4- Myron Rolle, SS, Florida State
Great athlete and obvious smarts. He's a definite TT kind of player. Most projections I'm seeing have him available here. I doubt it though, but will leave him here until after the combine and see if he clearly raises his stock there in Indy.

ROUND 5- Derek Hardman, OT, Eastern Kentucky 6-6, 305
Another small-school look here from Ted Thompson, Veldheer fits the bill on the Packers OL, and has a chance to be the heir-apparent to Mark Tauscher on the right side of the line where Barbre failed big time and Breno has yet to show that he can play. The White Wall remains in tact for yet another season.

ROUND 6- Pick traded to KC

Comp Pick for Colin Cole- Freddy Barnes, WR, Bowling Green 6-2, 206
Though his offense inflated his numbers, they're still fun to look at: 155 receptions, 1,770 yards and 19 touchdowns.
Could replace Brett Swain as the Packers #5 WR, most likely will spend time on the practice squad as a rookie. Nice size.

ROUND 7- James Stark, RB, Buffalo 6-2, 211
Missed his entire season with a shoulder injury, but received a Combine invite. He'll need to test well after not playing for a year.
2008: Along with his quarterback D.Willy, James Starks put up pretty good numbers, rushing for 1333 yards and 16 touchdowns. Perhaps more impressive were Starks' 52 receptions and 361 receiving yards.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Spikes, ugh, that sticks out. He's terribly overrated and he'd be 4th or 5th on the depth chart. Plus he doesn't bring much more to the table than Desmond Bishop does. You're right, he'll fall on draft day, but it will be because coaches and managers wont waste a premier pick on him. It's easy to find quality ILBs but Spikes is a risk and the upside people think he has isn't there, IMO. Or maybe it is there but he's not reaching it - however you want to word it.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 02-15-2010 at 11:07 AM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as much as i dislike Kindle, i don't think he'll be available that late in round two. the other picks i could certainly live with. i know starks is the last pick you have but if we go RB at any point, it's gotta be for a guy who's a speedster and home run threat. starks is a poor man's Matt Forte.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st round
1a. Best O-lineman available (Bulaga, Iupati, Campbell, Williams)
1b. Brandon Graham DE/OLB Michigan
2. CJ Spiller RB Clemson

2nd round
1. Patrick Robinson CB Florida State
2. Best O-lineman available (Brown, Velheer, Pouncey, etc.)

3rd round
1. Toby Gerhardt RB Stanford
2. Pat Angerer ILB Iowa

4th round
1. Llamar Houston DT Texas
2. Brandon Ghee CB Wake Forest
3. Eric Decker WR Minnesota

5th Round
Major Wright S Florida

6th Round
Jevan Snead QB Ole Miss
George Selvie DE/OLB South Florida

7th Round
O'Brien Schofeild DE/OLB Wisconsin
John Skeleton QB Fordham

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Last edited by senormysterioso : 02-15-2010 at 06:43 PM.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:43 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
NEW MOCK

I'm doing one here that's more of a prediction of what it tends to look like realistically, as opposed to what I'd do. You guys know Ted. I think last year's trade up was the exception for Ted. So here's what I forecast on draft day for Ted.

With the Patriots on the clock at pick #22, and the Packers on deck, the Packers War room and Packer Nation is excited that Brandon Graham is about to become a Packer. Horrifically, the Patriots select Graham right before our damn pick. As a result of that screw job:

TRADE ALERT:
After waiting for hours, Packer fans are pissed when they see their logo at #23 all of a sudden disappear and turn into #23 Kansas City.
The trade is: Packers trade their 1st round pick (#23 overall) to Kansas City for their two 2nd round picks. They are the #4 and #18 picks in round 2, or #36 & #50 overall. The Packers also send a 6th rounder to KC in the deal. http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

ROUND 2
Pick #36- Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma State 6-0, 198
Practicing against #1 WR Dez Bryant for 3 years helped him develop his skills.
A big corner with good but not elite speed, Perrish Cox shadowed No. 1 receivers all year. He picked 4 passes and broke up 15 more. One concern however: Cox was suspended for Oklahoma State's winter scrimmage against Ole Miss for undisclosed reasons. Cox notched 32 tackles, 8 passes broken up and 2 picks as a junior. Also, Cox returned 2 kickoffs for touchdowns.
He should be able to step right in and play ahead of Underwood, Pat Lee, Jarrett Bush, and the oft-injured Will Blackmon.

Pick #50- Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida 6-3, 256
Inside linebackers like Rey Maualuga and James Laurinaitis have fallen into the second round recently, so don't be surprised if Brandon Spikes takes a tumble as well.
Spikes is a guy who should have come out last year, just like Taylor Mays and Sam Bradford. His stock slipped a little bit, but he's a good player and a better inside blitzer than Nick Barnett, AJ Hawk, and Brandon Chillar already. He's a maniac on special teams as well, which immediately can improve this team.

Pick #56- Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas 6-4, 254
Bigger than Matthews on the other side, he's a serious physical specimen, and a great value here in round 2.
Kindle is physically gifted and some team may fall in love with him at the Combine. However, he had only 6 sacks as a senior. But he looked good against Bama in the BCS Title game.

Sergio was better in 08 than 09. Though he was just a first-year starter in 2008, the hard-working Sergio Kindle made a name for himself, notching 46 tackles, 12.5 TFL and 10 sacks.

ROUND 3
Pick #86- Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale 6-9, 321
Another small-school look here from Ted Thompson, Veldheer fits the bill on the Packers OL, and has a chance to be the heir-apparent to Chad Clifton on the left side of the line.
This guy is gigantic and even if he doesn't move, he's got such great length, he's hard to get around.

ROUND 4- Myron Rolle, SS, Florida State
Great athlete and obvious smarts. He's a definite TT kind of player. Most projections I'm seeing have him available here. I doubt it though, but will leave him here until after the combine and see if he clearly raises his stock there in Indy.

ROUND 5- Derek Hardman, OT, Eastern Kentucky 6-6, 305
Another small-school look here from Ted Thompson, Veldheer fits the bill on the Packers OL, and has a chance to be the heir-apparent to Mark Tauscher on the right side of the line where Barbre failed big time and Breno has yet to show that he can play. The White Wall remains in tact for yet another season.

ROUND 6- Pick traded to KC

Comp Pick for Colin Cole- Freddy Barnes, WR, Bowling Green 6-2, 206
Though his offense inflated his numbers, they're still fun to look at: 155 receptions, 1,770 yards and 19 touchdowns.
Could replace Brett Swain as the Packers #5 WR, most likely will spend time on the practice squad as a rookie. Nice size.

ROUND 7- James Stark, RB, Buffalo 6-2, 211
Missed his entire season with a shoulder injury, but received a Combine invite. He'll need to test well after not playing for a year.
2008: Along with his quarterback D.Willy, James Starks put up pretty good numbers, rushing for 1333 yards and 16 touchdowns. Perhaps more impressive were Starks' 52 receptions and 361 receiving yards.

I agree with your scenario, and I still believe that a trade down is the most practical situation. I know people are going to say, we are one or two good players away, but that doesn't include the fact that we have two major holes on our team: OT's and CB's. With that said, I am going to use your scenario and make my own mock.

FA: Packers sign Joey Porter

36: Dexter McCluster, RB/WR/KR/PR- The kid will do it all. TT selects him because he knows what a matchup problem he can create in MM's offense.

50: Donovan Warren, CB - I like his tackling ability, and in our defense you have to be able to tackle at CB. He is also super fast much like Tramon.

56: Jared Veldheer, OT - He honestly reminds me of a much bigger version of Barbre, but I think the Pack will do like what the Pats did when they selected Vollmer.

86: Myron Rolle, S - I am unsure whether or not he will be here. If he runs well at the combine, he could easily be gone. If that is the case then I would select Major Wright here.

Round 4: Tony Moeaki, TE - Could eventually be the most complete TE in this draft outside of Gresham. Is great when healthy, but that has been the problem. He has had little nagging injuries, outside of his senior season. Great run blocker.

Round 5: O'Brien Schofield, OLB - The Pack need to take him, he will be a player once he heals.

Round 6: Dace Richardson, OT/OG - The guy was 2nd Team all big ten and he missed most of the season due to injury. Has great potential, but has had major injuries.

Round 7: Nyan Boateng, WR - Stud basketball player that never developed into a top receiver, could end up being a guy that sits on the practice squad and potentially develops.

I really like the top half of my draft, the latter portion is more risky due to injury concerns.

Last edited by bigboiajhawk : 02-16-2010 at 07:46 AM.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Yours looks great too. I like Warren and McCluster.
Schofield would be like swapping one torn ACL (Kampman) for a newer one, but getting about 9 years younger, and more of a pure 34 OLB. And one who wants to play in the system.

I'd love to see Joey Porter signed too. I just don't expect it based on TT's MO, and Porter would add to the overall age of this team. He seems to like youth.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My ideal round 1 & 2:

1) Bryan Bulaga
2) Dexter McCluster

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-16-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd love to see Joey Porter signed too. I just don't expect it based on TT's MO, and Porter would add to the overall age of this team. He seems to like youth.
Hes not a FA yet

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4909494
Old 02-16-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post

Will be though...
Old 02-16-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

Quote:
My ideal round 1 & 2:

1) Bryan Bulaga
2) Dexter McCluster

I would love it if that happened, however, I see Bulaga being a top 15 pick. He should perform well at the Combine. Would I love to see the Packers trade up for him...Yup. Do I think the Packers will...Nope.

Onto McCluster, I really hope we draft him. He reminds me of a more diverse DeSean Jackson coming out of school. I would really like to draft a guy that will do what Percy Harvin did this past year for the Queens. Whether that means the Packers draft McCluster or McKnight, maybe even Jacoby Ford, I really don't care, just as long as we get a guy that can mix it up between RB and WR and create a mismatch.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Yeah, there is maybe a 25% at best chance Bulaga will be there when we pick. I can't find a OT prospect I really like this year. I want Anthony Davis but I can't imagine a way that could happen. Bruce Campbell and Vlad have some things I like about them, with some qualities that make me want to avoid them.

I really want to draft McCluster because we need a kick returner so we can cut Blackmon and because we don't have anyone that can run in space or throw screens to or catch passes out of the backfield with Rodger's excellent scrambling ability. There are some legitimate concerns about him moving to the NFL, but it would be worth it no question to use a 2nd rounder on him. If he stays healthy he should be effective and he has some ability that no one on our roster has.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-16-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My ideal round 1 & 2:

1) Bryan Bulaga
2) Dexter McCluster
McCluster in the 2nd? Eh, no thanks.

My ideal would be Bulaga and Kyle Wilson. I have even been warming up to the idea of Kyle Wilson with the first pick.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barring any trades and our team standing as is. Just going through scenarios in my head.

1.23 - Brandon Graham, OLB Michigan
No tackles on the board will be worth this pick and I feel Kyle Wilson would be a reach here.
2.56 - Perrish Cox, CB Oklahoma St.
3.86 - Dexter McCluster, Ole Miss
4 - Jared Veldheer, OT Hillside
5 - Kendrick Lewis, S Ole Miss
6 - Tony Washington, OT Abilene Christian
7 - Tim Hiller, QB Western Michigan

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^

I'm pretty sure the packers have an extra 6th this year IIRC. Maybe it was a 7th?

Probably get a 5th or so for Cole too.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
McCluster in the 2nd? Eh, no thanks.

My ideal would be Bulaga and Kyle Wilson. I have even been warming up to the idea of Kyle Wilson with the first pick.
We all know TT's love affair with the Boise State program.

Quote:
^

I'm pretty sure the packers have an extra 6th this year IIRC. Maybe it was a 7th?

Probably get a 5th or so for Cole too.
We have the Panthers 7th round pick for when we traded long snapper J.J. Jansen to them before the season.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post

We have the Panthers 7th round pick for when we traded long snapper J.J. Jansen to them before the season.
Good call on the Boise State love affair.
I'm not sure about the Jansen trade. I've had others say it was next year's draft. And I can't find any site that has the complete draft order as of now (prior to coin-flips and comp picks).
Old 02-17-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Quote:
Because he drafted your much hated Colledge? It is not a love affair because he has drafted two guys from Boise since he took over for Sherman...If it does I guess he has love affairs with BC, LSU, Louisville, Texas A&M, California, and Colorado. He has draft 3 from Louisville does that mean he nuts over them? The Packers have had only four Boise players in there history so.... ha man you have a big hatred for Colledge.
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

College and Korey Hall are the only two I can remember out of Boise...he does seem to like players out of Louisville though

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
Because he drafted your much hated Colledge? It is not a love affair because he has drafted two guys from Boise since he took over for Sherman...If it does I guess he has love affairs with BC, LSU, Louisville, Texas A&M, California, and Colorado. He has draft 3 from Louisville does that mean he nuts over them? The Packers have had only four Boise players in there history so.... ha man you have a big hatred for Colledge.
Wow, I mention that he likes the Boise State program and you go off on a rant about Daryn Colledge? Maybe you know baseball though better than you know the Packers, guess we'll find out come spring...
Old 02-18-2010, 12:57 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Didn't the packers get an extra pick from the Jets from some weird circumstance with the Brent Trade too?

they get smoked.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Idk I just don't think it is he likes Boise St. as much as he liked the 2 players from there. Sorry bout that rant on Colledge I thought it would be related because of how against Colledge you been lately. You have made it pretty clear that your not a fan of him. No disrepect meant by it.

J-Mike, That draft up top would be incredible but ha I just don't see most of those guys hanging around that long. It is still too hard to tell but Cox, Kindle, and Spikes have a pretty good shot at making the first round. I could see Cox there at 36, Spikes is a little harder because he is the best ILB and some team might try to snatch him up before 50 and Kindle, I think he is pretty much a lock in the first round even though he is a little over-rated. If he tests out the way he is projected to some team will snatch him.

I really like the Veldheer pick and Roll pick also but I think both will move up more. As for Freddie Barnes..... awesome pick! I think he'd be a great 5 WR. The guy may not be the fastest but is a possession WR you need in the West Coast Offense and he has hands a gold which we always could use. James Sparks is a guy I think is a lot like Ryan Grant. He has the same type of running style from what I've seen and make up. Could be a good back but he doesn't have that homerun or power style to go with Grant.

What do you guys think of Ryan Matthews if he is there in the 2nd? He'd be good in the ZBS and has a pretty good blend of speed and power. I still like McCluster or Blount though. Has anyone noticed that Dwyer kind of runs funny? It seems like he runs really flat footed or something? IDK it catches my eye everytime I see it.

Last edited by RyanBraun8 : 02-18-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:05 AM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

Quote:
Didn't the packers get an extra pick from the Jets from some weird circumstance with the Brent Trade too?
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/52320032.html

Yeah but he get it back, it was supose to go to the Jets in the trade.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:21 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

From ESPN2 this morning, Kiper thinks, between #22-#24:

#22- New England Patriots: Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan
If production were all that mattered, Graham would be long gone by now. He led the FBS in tackles for loss and showed why at the Senior Bowl. Always in the backfield, he's an ideal outside linebacker for the Patriots' system, a terror against both the run and the pass.

#23- Green Bay Packers: Bryan Bulaga*, OT, Iowa
The more you listen to Green Bay's people, the more you get the sense that keeping Aaron Rodgers upright is a major priority, and it should be, because seeing an MVP-level talent knocked out because of a lack of protection is a sad thought. Bulaga can help immediately, and he has room to grow.

#24- Philadelphia Eagles: Taylor Mays, S, USC
The Eagles are looking for that heir to Brian Dawkins, a physical safety who can scare opposing receivers and contribute to the rush defense. Mays has everything you could ask for as a physical package. He had a bad season, and there are legit concerns, but Mays still reeks of top-level NFL athleticism. He just needs to put it together.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

Quote:
From ESPN2 this morning, Kiper thinks, between #22-#24:

#22- New England Patriots: Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan
If production were all that mattered, Graham would be long gone by now. He led the FBS in tackles for loss and showed why at the Senior Bowl. Always in the backfield, he's an ideal outside linebacker for the Patriots' system, a terror against both the run and the pass.

#23- Green Bay Packers: Bryan Bulaga*, OT, Iowa
The more you listen to Green Bay's people, the more you get the sense that keeping Aaron Rodgers upright is a major priority, and it should be, because seeing an MVP-level talent knocked out because of a lack of protection is a sad thought. Bulaga can help immediately, and he has room to grow.

#24- Philadelphia Eagles: Taylor Mays, S, USC
The Eagles are looking for that heir to Brian Dawkins, a physical safety who can scare opposing receivers and contribute to the rush defense. Mays has everything you could ask for as a physical package. He had a bad season, and there are legit concerns, but Mays still reeks of top-level NFL athleticism. He just needs to put it together.
If those three are around when we pick, I would be so so happy. Honestly, if Bulaga makes it to pick 17 or 18, TT should pull the plug and trade up. Bulaga will start instantly, and I believe, he will end up being the best OT in the draft. If there is not a run on OT's in the top 10, I think this is possible. However, anytime there are good OT's they usually are selected pretty early.