Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.
Default Stone Cold Lead Pipe Lock of the Century...of the week

I know there is a Divisional round pick 'em, but I wanted to see which game everybody felt the most confident about in their picks.... Actually that's a dirty lie. I saw this video, figured everyone would enjoy it and tried to think of a clever thread in order to fit it in.

Since I did...(chargers fans will love it)

http://video.adultswim.com/carl/carl...11510_CarlLock

As for my pick, I'm going with the Cowboys @ Vikings.. The way they are playing right now, I just can't vote against them... even though I love me some Favre and AD.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts over Ravens. People are forgetting they were 14-0 and the Ravens defense was downright bad at some points of the year.

Flacco was pretty shaky last week too.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Colts over Ravens. People are forgetting they were 14-0 and the Ravens defense was downright bad at some points of the year.

Very true. He threw it only 10 times or around that??

I wanted to go with the Cardinals, because Kurt Warner just doesn't play poorly in the postseason. I expect nothing short of awesomeness from him out there tomorrow.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Carl's stone cold lead locks of the century, UH DA WEEK! lol

Anyways, Cardinals over New Orleans is my lock.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My stone cold lock of the century of the week is Colts over Ravens.

I'm serious. Gimme the Colts by two scores.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts over Ravens for me.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone noticed that the Jets are the perfect match for the Chargers? If I trusted Sanchez a little more I would put them in as a lock.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
I know there is a Divisional round pick 'em, but I wanted to see which game everybody felt the most confident about in their picks.... Actually that's a dirty lie. I saw this video, figured everyone would enjoy it and tried to think of a clever thread in order to fit it in.

Since I did...(chargers fans will love it)

http://video.adultswim.com/carl/carl...11510_CarlLock

As for my pick, I'm going with the Cowboys @ Vikings.. The way they are playing right now, I just can't vote against them... even though I love me some Favre and AD.
adrian peterson is about ready to go off. he is due. 170 yards on the ground as peterson leads the vikings to a win by a suprisingly large margain. the vikings defense is only good at home. 34-13, minnesota.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Has anyone noticed that the Jets are the perfect match for the Chargers? If I trusted Sanchez a little more I would put them in as a lock.

I picked them but I don't feel good about it. Sanchez is due for a 4 INT game.

You're right though on paper it's a good matchup. Jets run/stop the pass and the Chargers can't stop the run/love to pass.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton Manning always kills Baltimore. Ask CCB, RWO or trkaline, they'll say the same thing.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:59 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I picked them but I don't feel good about it. Sanchez is due for a 4 INT game.

You're right though on paper it's a good matchup. Jets run/stop the pass and the Chargers can't stop the run/love to pass.
I think it's a game that's really going to depend on how it starts out. If the Chargers score a couple times early and the Jets become forced to pass the ball they are pretty much ******, the game is probably a blowout. Sanchez turns the ball over, they can't keep the Chargers offense off the field, everything unravels. But if there's no big lead the Jets can run the ball, keep the Chargers offense off the field and the defense fresh, and at the very least keep it close. That's how I see it anyway. Should be interesting to see how it plays out, though.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Mastershake approves this message.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardinals over the Saints. LOCK.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I tend to think that this logic will be exposed come sunday. I think most Jet fans know that when Kris Jenkins went down the defense took a major hit. Since that time the Jets just simply haven't been tested. If the Dolphins could put up a 61 points on the Jets the chargers can.

My theory is I think their sucess may have alot to do with the Jets blitzing being too much for bad offensive teams to handle. Rivers handles the blitz like a champ. Much of his success is due to the matchup problems alot of our guys pose.

*I believe that the chargers will rout the Jets, because they're the type of team we would hope to see; one that can't score. --> Our three losses this year were to teams that scored more than 30 points. Jets scored 30 twice. Also, we never scored less than 20 points.

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
If the Dolphins could put up a 61 points on the Jets the chargers can.
The Dolphins could run the ball, the strength of the Jets defense is their pass defense, which is why they're a bad match up for the chargers. Just sayin'
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah, but people aren't forgetting that the Ravens almost beat the Colts earlier this year. Baltimore was inside the 15 yard line with under 3:00 to go only needing a FG to win before Flacco threw a pick. I think it'll be a good game. I like Indy to win, but I wouldn't even come close to calling them a lock.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
adrian peterson is about ready to go off. he is due. 170 yards on the ground as peterson leads the vikings to a win by a suprisingly large margain. the vikings defense is only good at home. 34-13, minnesota.
Yeah even though Dallas hasn't allowed a 100-yard rusher all season, and AD was held to 63 last time he faced Dallas, he's gonna bust out 170. I think you'll have eat crow on this one. I'm not guaranteeing a Dallas win, but if anyone beats us it will be Favre and his voodoo magic.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't feel good about any of them, but I'll go with SD over the Jets.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Yeah even though Dallas hasn't allowed a 100-yard rusher all season, and AD was held to 63 last time he faced Dallas, he's gonna bust out 170. I think you'll have eat crow on this one. I'm not guaranteeing a Dallas win, but if anyone beats us it will be Favre and his voodoo magic.
Seriously! Not only is Ward right, I doubt AD will even get 170 yards combined! Talk about yappin'...

Prock better show up and eat his crow.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Yeah, but people aren't forgetting that the Ravens almost beat the Colts earlier this year. Baltimore was inside the 15 yard line with under 3:00 to go only needing a FG to win before Flacco threw a pick. I think it'll be a good game. I like Indy to win, but I wouldn't even come close to calling them a lock.

That game was pretty much the Ravens D at it's best and the Colts offense at it's worst imo. I don't see that happening again.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
there is a first time for everything. adrian can have one of those games against anybody. and people just dont understand how much better the vikings are at home then on the road. its night and day. if we were in dallas, i would say dallas would be favored 70-30. at home, its reverse of that.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I love Carl's stone cold lead locks of the century, UH DA WEEK! lol

Anyways, Cardinals over New Orleans is my lock.
There's still hope!!!!
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Cardinals over the Saints. LOCK.

In before the lock
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
In before the lock

Yea, especially since he's calling in someone else to eat crow. Better come eat it big guy.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote