Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-21-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default [Post Your Ravens Mocks]

*Considering we don't get Malcolm Floyd, or Kevin Walter, What's your ideal Ravens mock..

1/21/09 Baltimore Ravens Mock Draft

+ Round 1, WR, Damian Williams, USC
- Although I'm the biggest fan of Tate coming to Baltimore, I think he'll be gone by the time we get on the board.. Damian Williams is just as good, if not better, runs better routes, and would be the future #1 target for Flacco.

+ Round 2, DE, Corey Wootton, Northwestern
- Big, and nasty. (think Chris Canty).. He'd be a future stud on a Baltimore D-Line that's getting older.

+ Round 3, CB, Trevard Lindley, Kentucky
- If Lindley falls to the 3rd, it'd be a huge steal. Great cover corner, that'll help improve a shaky, inconsistent secondary.

Round 4, TE, Jimmy Graham, Miami
- Huge, 6'8, redzone ANIMAL. Former basketball player that will need to be coached into huge playmaker.

Round 5, FS, Van Eskridge, ECU
- Possibly Ed Reeds replacement. Fiery, playmaker, thats good at everything. (Special teams Ace)

Round 6, WR, Chris McGaha, Arizona State
- Great hands, quick routes, great possession receiver. Baltimore needs help at receiver at McGaha, and Williams would be 2 different, and special targets.

Round 7, C, Eric Olsen, Notre Dame
- My boy outta Notre Dame!! Great leader, and intense drive blocker. Since center will soon be a need once Birk retires, he's a great last pick with a lot of potential.

Last edited by GoRavens : 01-21-2010 at 11:51 PM.
GoRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:23 AM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

perfect!!!!!

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:43 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally Im not a fan of Damian Williams or Chris McGaha at all, but that said your other picks are pretty fantastic. If we can get Lindley in rd 3 thats excellent, and Graham as the future TE here would be perfection. Olsen is a nasty C and would be a great depth guy until he steals Birks job. Corey Wootton is a guy that I am extremely high on and hoping beyond hope that he is a Raven in the future. Van Eskridge would be an excellent special teams boost don't know that he'd ever become a reliable starter at safety but still a nice pick.

The draft would be absolute perfection if you had Demaryius Thomas, Arrelious Benn or Brandon LaFell instead of D Williams. And instead of Chris McGaha I absolutely love Taylor Price!! I think he is gonna be an absolute beast of a late rd gem for someone....hopefully us.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:55 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like that mock a lot. I could understand why some Ravens fans wouldn't like Damian Williams (not a big flashy receiver with outstanding physical tools) but i think he's one of the safer receivers to take in the draft. Good route running, good hands, and decent size (6'1 195). IMO there's many more questions surrounding guys like Benn, Lafell, and especially Thomas (who I like more than Lafell) and I'm not a fan of the high bust-factor type of receivers. We need guys that can produce at the position, and that's the type of guy that I think Williams is.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I like Damian Williams, and I love the Graham pick, I had him in an earlier mock. Lindley is solid too.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I like that mock a lot. I could understand why some Ravens fans wouldn't like Damian Williams (not a big flashy receiver with outstanding physical tools) but i think he's one of the safer receivers to take in the draft. Good route running, good hands, and decent size (6'1 195). IMO there's many more questions surrounding guys like Benn, Lafell, and especially Thomas (who I like more than Lafell) and I'm not a fan of the high bust-factor type of receivers. We need guys that can produce at the position, and that's the type of guy that I think Williams is.
You know who else was a "safe WR" to take in his draft class.....Mark Clayton, **** that be bold get a physical beast that has the potential to be amazing and stop settling for "safe" players at the WR position. Personally I think Taylor Price has the sameskillsets as Damiam Williams and might even be more explosive so Ill take that later in the draft and take an amazing freak of an athlete early on.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-23-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
You know who else was a "safe WR" to take in his draft class.....Mark Clayton, **** that be bold get a physical beast that has the potential to be amazing and stop settling for "safe" players at the WR position. Personally I think Taylor Price has the sameskillsets as Damiam Williams and might even be more explosive so Ill take that later in the draft and take an amazing freak of an athlete early on.
I hope you're not comparing Williams to Clayton. For one, Williams can actually run routes and get open. Secondly, Williams actually has hands where as I believe that Clayton regularly tries to catch passes with his feet (actually he might be better if he actually did try that).

Honestly I would like just about any receiver taken in the first. Benn, Lafell, Tate, and Williams seem like the most likely guys to either be there or be valued at our pick. Tate is the guy I'm most iffy about, he actually does remind me a bit of Clayton (although more physical).
Old 01-23-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope you're not comparing Williams to Clayton. For one, Williams can actually run routes and get open. Secondly, Williams actually has hands where as I believe that Clayton regularly tries to catch passes with his feet (actually he might be better if he actually did try that).

coming out Clayton was said to have perfect routes and great hands. Clayton is just a bust, he is a slot WR at best in the NFL.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

No Im not saying Williams and Clayton are alike Im just saying I'd rather take a chance on a guy with a high ceiling then a guy who is just gonna be a middle of the road WR.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-27-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What does everyone think of Dexter McCluster as a slot receiver in the later rounds? I feel like he could play a dynamic role in the offense either like Wes Welker picking up the quick passes or like Darren Sproles with screens and patterns out of the backfield.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mine's a little Different

1st: Sean Weatherspoon: A thumper who could be a hugely valuable asset. IMO has versatility to play both inside and outside.

2nd: Chad Jones: Thinking future here. Jones has range and insane hitting ability. He's like a missile locating guys down the middle.

3rd: Jordan Shipley: Your epitome slot receiver. One of the best route runners and secure hands in the draft. IMO I could easily see him developing into Flacco's security blanket. Shipley is the kind of guy who can turn a dump off into a first down. Value as a punt returner as well.

4th: Javier Arenas: Height is a huge downside but unlike all of the other corners on the roster he isn't afraid to be physical. He's the kind of guy you can put on the Wes Welker's of the world and shut them down. Also can compete for PR duties.

5th: Andre Roberts: Great project WR.

6th: Chris Cook: Physical coverage man with good range and ball skills. Versatility to play both CB ans safety.

7th: Thaddeus Lewis: Troy Smith doesn't really project to be in the future of this team. Lewis can be bread as Flacco's longterm backup.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

A lot would have to depend on the off-season for that draft to help our needs IMO. It's a great value draft, but drafting a slot WR (when we don't really use a slot receiver that much) isn't going to help us much. If we were to get receiver (hopefully 2) in FA, this draft looks alright. We don't really have a need for a LB at all but I wouldn't be upset at drafting Weatherspoon in the first. That guy seems like one of the safer/most productive players in the draft.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Mine's a little Different

1st: Sean Weatherspoon: A thumper who could be a hugely valuable asset. IMO has versatility to play both inside and outside.

2nd: Chad Jones: Thinking future here. Jones has range and insane hitting ability. He's like a missile locating guys down the middle.

3rd: Jordan Shipley: Your epitome slot receiver. One of the best route runners and secure hands in the draft. IMO I could easily see him developing into Flacco's security blanket. Shipley is the kind of guy who can turn a dump off into a first down. Value as a punt returner as well.

4th: Javier Arenas: Height is a huge downside but unlike all of the other corners on the roster he isn't afraid to be physical. He's the kind of guy you can put on the Wes Welker's of the world and shut them down. Also can compete for PR duties.

5th: Andre Roberts: Great project WR.

6th: Chris Cook: Physical coverage man with good range and ball skills. Versatility to play both CB ans safety.

7th: Thaddeus Lewis: Troy Smith doesn't really project to be in the future of this team. Lewis can be bread as Flacco's longterm backup.
I dont see us going LB round 1. if we go 34 we got Suggs/Ellerbe/Lewis/Johnson and Johnson has played well when we show 43 fronts
Old 01-28-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I agree. I see us going WR in the 1st. History says that one of the top WR's will drop they always do.

I see us getting Dez Bryant in the 1st
Taylor Mays in the 2nd will drop as well much like Mualuaga did this past season and he played well despite his stock falling.

after that we start simply drafting like we normally do best player available and start stockpiling players

I see us trading Troy Smith for a 3rd or to move up in the 2nd rd to get a player we want.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

i doubt smith gets us a 3rd. He looked solid in his time starting but he was a 5th round pick. I see us getting around a 5th for him
Old 01-28-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a pretty horrible mock...
- Sean Weatherspoon isn't a 1st round talent, and LB isn't a need..
- Chad Jones is a fantastic safety, but probably won't make it to Baltimore's second round pick..(1st round talent after a monster combine)
- Shipley is a good pick if the team decides to wait until the 2nd/3rd round to target a receiver But I'd like a more talented player in the 1st/2nd such as (Gilyard, Tate, Williams, Lafell, or Thomas)
- Arenas will probably be gone by the 4th round, and to be honest, I don't like him as a prospect at all. Baltimore needs a big, physical, playmaking cornerback in the 2nd/3rd round aka (Devin McCourty, Donovan Warren, Perrish Cox, or even Myron Lewis)
- Andre Roberts is a solid late round pick, but the 5th round seems too early for me.
- Chris Cook and Thaddeus Lewis are development guys. Cook will try to switch to safety, and Lewis will never be an NFL passer. Wasted Picks.
DRAFT GRADE: C-
Old 01-28-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

If we re-sign Washington it wont shock me at all if we dont even think about CB. Webb is a beast, we gave Fox big bills, Washington would have just been re-signed. We have Carr $ and he has been playing like it towards the end of the season. and Walker had good playoffs, yes it doesnt make up for his horrible season but our coaching staff loves this guy 4 whatever reason.

but w/ that said I would love drafting a mid round project CB.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

ended up getting fairly drunk tonight... So I made this new mock!
Round 1: Damian Williams, WR
Round 2: Myron Rolle, S
Round 3: Alex Carrington, DE
Round 4: Myron Lewis, CB
Round 5: Eric Decker, WR
Round 6: Dexter Davis, OLB
Round 7: Andrew Quarless, TE

Last edited by GoRavens : 01-28-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

IDK why a safety in the 2nd round. We got Zbi and Nakamura riding the bench and they are both talented.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:37 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
IDK why a safety in the 2nd round. We got Zbi and Nakamura riding the bench and they are both talented.
Reed wants to retire..
Landry might be gone..
Zbi is a capable starter..
but Nakamura is a backup for life..
- Myron Rolle can play either strong, or free safety, and is proving he's a top 5 safety in the Senior Bowl...I love the pick
Old 01-29-2010, 09:34 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
That's a pretty horrible mock...
- Sean Weatherspoon isn't a 1st round talent, and LB isn't a need..
- Chad Jones is a fantastic safety, but probably won't make it to Baltimore's second round pick..(1st round talent after a monster combine)
- Shipley is a good pick if the team decides to wait until the 2nd/3rd round to target a receiver But I'd like a more talented player in the 1st/2nd such as (Gilyard, Tate, Williams, Lafell, or Thomas)
- Arenas will probably be gone by the 4th round, and to be honest, I don't like him as a prospect at all. Baltimore needs a big, physical, playmaking cornerback in the 2nd/3rd round aka (Devin McCourty, Donovan Warren, Perrish Cox, or even Myron Lewis)
- Andre Roberts is a solid late round pick, but the 5th round seems too early for me.
- Chris Cook and Thaddeus Lewis are development guys. Cook will try to switch to safety, and Lewis will never be an NFL passer. Wasted Picks.
DRAFT GRADE: C-
Not sure what you're smokin, but Weatherspoon is most definitely a first round talent. He's probably the best linebacker in the draft and he's schematically diverse.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:53 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

Quote:
Not sure what you're smokin, but Weatherspoon is most definitely a first round talent. He's probably the best linebacker in the draft and he's schematically diverse.
McClain, Spikes, Kindle > Weatherspoon

- Weatherspoon is a good linebacker don't get me wrong. But he's weak in coverage, and could easily slip to the second round.. And, oh, by the way, Baltimore doesn't need a linebacker! Especially in round 1!!
They drafted Phillips last year for a reason, once he comes back from injury he should be a force. And did you guys forget about Ellerbe??? He played lights out last season, Gooden isn't bad, and Ray Lewis is still playing amazing football. Weatherspoon is just a horrible pick.. Inside Linebacker can be addressed after the draft, by signing some undrafted talent. Such As;
- Mike McLaughlin, Boston College
- Vincent Rey, Duke

:)

Last edited by GoRavens : 01-29-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Weatherspoon is a good linebacker don't get me wrong. But he's weak in coverage, and could easily slip to the second round.. And, oh, by the way, Baltimore doesn't need a linebacker! Especially in round 1!!
They drafted Phillips last year for a reason, once he comes back from injury he should be a force. And did you guys forget about Ellerbe??? He played lights out last season, Gooden isn't bad, and Ray Lewis is still playing amazing football. Weatherspoon is just a horrible pick..
And where did I say we needed a LB? All I said in the first post about this mock was that i didn't mind him based on value. I'm the first to say we don't need a LB, believe me, but don't think it's out of the question with Ozzie drafting.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I see us drafting more need this year than normal. I think its a situation where we need an impact player and don't have the need to draft a lineman or LB or RB because he is the best player available. We need a CB or a WR. Last year we needed those same spots but we had a player like Oher that was supposed to be a Top 12 pick and he fell all the way down like did. I don't see that happening this year unless you are talking QB. Now if we were in a spot where a Clausen or a Bradford dropped like Quinn or Rodgers did a few years ago and we could trade with a Washington (Santana Moss and a pick) or Arizona (Boldin) or Carolina (Steve Smith) I think thats a situation we have to take.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

No thanks to Santana Moss