Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 03-13-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Booger
Veteran

Booger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Mid FA Day 1 Mock

I know that FA isnt over, but the major moves have been made.

My day 1 mock as follows:

1(4) DT Amobi Okoye, Louisville

I honestly believe that both Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas will be gone by pick #4. And unless Gruden has fallen in love with one of the QB's, this pick should be a DL. While a trade down makes a lot of sense, I will assume that we stay put at #4 and make the pick. While Gaines Adams provides that playmaking ability from the end position, and deserves serious consideration, he is undersized and can be more easily neutralized. In my opinion, the DE position has greater depth in this draft, and can be addressed later. Gruden appears to have fallen in love with Okoye at the Senior Bowl, and Okoye will address this teams biggest need at the UT position.
Other consideration given to: DE Gaines Adams and QB Brady Quinn
Choice selections (assumed to be gone): OT Joe Thomas and WR Calvin Johnson

2 (35) C Ryan Kalil, USC

With the loss of Mahan, and the aging decline in performance of Wade, our depth at the centre position is Wade and Clinkscale. Kalil is far and away the best centre in the draft, and could start day 1 for the Bucs. While there are size concerns, including short arms, centre is too big of a need for the Bucs to ignore. Kalil is smart, a good leader, and a solid technician.
Other consideration given to: S Brandon Meriweather and DE Anthony Spencer
Choice Selection (assumed to be gone): LB Paul Posluszny

2 (64) S Eric Weddle, Utah

As the team sits right now, our weakest starting position on the defense is safety. While a player like Meriweather would be tempting at pick #35, players with character concerns are rarely drafted by the Gruden regime. Weddle provides A+ character with great instincts and solid tackling. Weddle could see some time in the slot as a CB early in his career, but would ultimately project as a safety.
Choice Selection: S Eric Weddle

3(68) DE LaMar Woodley, Michigan

Another Senior Bowl player that fills a big need at DE. Somewhat of a OLB/DE tweener, but has a good motor, and was productive at a big time program.
Choice Selection (assumed to be gone): DE Quentin Moses

Last edited by Booger : 03-13-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. CJ
2a. Kalil
2b. Mebane
3. Weddle
4. Atkins

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger View Post
I know that FA isnt over, but the major moves have been made.

My day 1 mock as follows:

1(4) DT Amobi Okoye, Louisville

I honestly believe that both Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas will be gone by pick #4. And unless Gruden has fallen in love with one of the QB's, this pick should be a DL. While a trade down makes a lot of sense, I will assume that we stay put at #4 and make the pick. While Gaines Adams provides that playmaking ability from the end position, and deserves serious consideration, he is undersized and easily neutralized. In my opinion, the DE position has greater depth in this draft, and can be addressed later. Gruden appears to have fallen in love with Okoye at the Senior Bowl, and Okoye will address this teams biggest need at the UT position.
Other consideration given to: DE Gaines Adams and QB Brady Quinn
Choice selections (assumed to be gone): OT Joe Thomas and WR Calvin Johnson

2 (35) C Ryan Kalil, USC

With the loss of Mahan, and the aging decline in performance of Wade, our depth at the centre position is Wade and Clinkscale. Kalil is far and away the best centre in the draft, and could start day 1 for the Bucs. While there are size concerns, including short arms, centre is too big of a need for the Bucs to ignore. Kalil is smart, a good leader, and a solid technician.
Other consideration given to: S Brandon Meriweather and DE Anthony Spencer
Choice Selection (assumed to be gone): LB Paul Posluszny

2 (64) S Eric Weddle, Utah

As the team sits right now, our weakest starting position on the defense is safety. While a player like Meriweather would be tempting at pick #35, players with character concerns are rarely drafted by the Gruden regime. Weddle provides A+ character with great instincts and solid tackling. Weddle could see some time in the slot as a CB early in his career, but would ultimately project as a safety.
Choice Selection: S Eric Weddle

3(68) DE LaMar Woodley, Michigan

Another Senior Bowl player that fills a big need at DE. Somewhat of a OLB/DE tweener, but has a good motor, and was productive at a big time program.
Choice Selection (assumed to be gone): DE Quentin Moses
although I'd rather have Landry or Adams at 4, I cant argue with the rest of the draft. I'd LOVE to have Kalil and Weddle. Woodley would be a good pick also and nice value in the 3rd. If we are picking 4th with CJ gone then I want to trade down and at least require another pick(if our intentions are to draft Okoye and not Adams). At the very least i'd want to swap picks with Arizona and gain a 3rd or 4th
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Charles Johnson
2. Eric Weddle
3. Brandon Mebane
4. David Irons

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
1. Calvin Johnson
2. Charles Johnson
2. Eric Weddle
3. Brandon Mebane
4. David Irons
We do not need a CB, we need a C or a RT. Spread the word.

We already have:

Barber
Buchanon
Kelly
Zemaitis
Cox
Davis

I don't see the room for drafting a CB unless it is an exceptional circumstance or we have addressed our bigger needs already.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we have too many CB's(like QB's) as of now

i'd like to see one of our CB traded more a late round pick
Old 03-13-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RT a need? Jeremy Trueblood ring a bell

Old 03-13-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Or you could legitimately pick up a guy like Kyle Young in the 5th who has slipped due to minor character concerns.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
RT a need? Jeremy Trueblood ring a bell
It is one of the most important positions on our team and we don't have a backup. Not all needs involve starters.....

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

BK and Ronde aren't going to be around forever. We may have one replacement in Buchanon, but untill we have another, CB is a potential need. You can argue either way, so I think there is really no point.

As long as Chucky and Bruce know what is going on we should be fine.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
BK and Ronde aren't going to be around forever. We may have one replacement in Buchanon, but untill we have another, CB is a potential need. You can argue either way, so I think there is really no point.

As long as Chucky and Bruce know what is going on we should be fine.
Like I said, a well-valued CB would be a good pick in almost any round, and I would hope that we take someone like Eric Wright over any RT if he falls. Signing a veteran RT will make the situation even better, but we'll have to wait and see how that goes.

Edit: Chris Colmer might be our backup, so this could all be moot point

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

[quote=24cadillac24;216083]BK and Ronde aren't going to be around forever. We may have one replacement in Buchanon, but untill we have another, CB is a potential need. You can argue either way, so I think there is really no point.

As long as Chucky and Bruce know what is going on we should be fine.[/QUOTE]

do you believe they do?
Old 03-13-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Like I said, a well-valued CB would be a good pick in almost any round, and I would hope that we take someone like Eric Wright over any RT if he falls. Signing a veteran RT will make the situation even better, but we'll have to wait and see how that goes.

Edit: Chris Colmer might be our backup, so this could all be moot point
And in my opinion my selection of Irons was a good value pick which you condone

Old 03-13-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

[quote=-black;216281]
Quote:

As long as Chucky and Bruce know what is going on we should be fine.[/QUOTE]

do you believe they do?
I hope they do

Old 03-15-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Bucsfan
Rookie

Bucsfan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like the first 2 posts mock drafts, not bad, but dont really like Woodley, not sure if he really fits here well
Old 03-15-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucsfan View Post
I like the first 2 posts mock drafts, not bad, but dont really like Woodley, not sure if he really fits here well
He doesn't he's more of a 3-4 OLB.

sig by BoneKrusher