Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-05-2014, 04:00 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Most of my early experimentation has been with Bourbon, and it's been successful. I'm willing to try pretty much any type of whiskey.
I'm a bourbon guy. I dabble with scotch. I do not like smokey scotches. At all.

This site (and chart) will help a lot.

JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:00 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Most of my early experimentation has been with Bourbon, and it's been successful. I'm willing to try pretty much any type of whiskey.
Also, try that Maker's 46. I now own multiple bottles. I might have a problem.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
not a fan of Chivas, for scotch you basically get what you are paying for. If you are new to whiskey a jump to scotch might be too much at this point anyway.

you can find a decent bourbon for that price though. Find a bottle of Elmer T Lee, you are golden my friend.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:11 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

bourbon... knob creek (better than maker's), woodford reserve is only slightly more expensive and is also way better. not that maker's is bad, it's just not any better than good.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:29 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Bakers. Makers. Woodford. Knob creek. Four roses. Elliot. So much good bourbon out there.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woodford is my go to for bourbon. Buffalo trace and Bulleit are my go to options if I want to save some coin.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:55 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

dunno if they've made it out of the state, but stranahan's and peach tree from colorado are both also fantastic.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:56 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Woodford is my go to for bourbon. Buffalo trace and Bulleit are my go to options if I want to save some coin.
Buffalo Trace is one I've tried and enjoyed. Not trying to go much more expensive than that though (college budget).

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Buffalo Trace is one I've tried and enjoyed. Not trying to go much more expensive than that though (college budget).

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.
Try the Bulleit. I also like their rye if you want something different.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:12 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Try the Bulleit. I also like their rye if you want something different.
BLT= bulleit lemon (two wedges squeezed) and a splash of tonic.

Love that drink.

Also at the Blackheart tonight. I love this place. It's one of thetop whiskey bars in the US. Dunno what that means. good bar.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:40 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
bourbon... knob creek (better than maker's), woodford reserve is only slightly more expensive and is also way better. not that maker's is bad, it's just not any better than good.
If you're gonna pay for Knob or Woodford, you might as well pony up a few extra dollars and get Noah's Mill. Now that stuff is the best.

But otherwise, I always have a Buffalo Trace around. It's delicious and under $25.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:57 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
If you're gonna pay for Knob or Woodford, you might as well pony up a few extra dollars and get Noah's Mill. Now that stuff is the best.

But otherwise, I always have a Buffalo Trace around. It's delicious and under $25.
i have actually never even seen noah's mill.... i'll be on the lookout next time i'm at the big liquor store.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
i have actually never even seen noah's mill.... i'll be on the lookout next time i'm at the big liquor store.
Me either. Not that I'd be looking for it really, but still.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:19 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here it is, for recognization (word?) purposes:

Probably my favorite bourbon. In fact, I'm going to have one, now that I'm all hot and bothered for bourbon.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:

Last edited by prock : 03-06-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:22 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

unirrecognitivization.

or just recognition. or "here it is, so you know what it looks like."

it's been a long day, i need a drink.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm pretty sure I have never seen that. Maybe I have and just thought it was wine or something.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:49 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
unirrecognitivization.

or just recognition. or "here it is, so you know what it looks like."

it's been a long day, i need a drink.
Yes, recognition. That's the word I was looking for.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 03-06-2014, 07:40 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

rolling with the peach tree, since it's in my house. whee.

it's sad to know that, 10 years ago, this would've been mixed or taken as shots.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had Laphroaig for the first time the other day. It was really good, but I probably will not have it again. I like, occasionally, smoking cigars with a neat single malt. I got that same day-after smell and gross feeling after the Laphroaig. I don't know how people smoke cigars WITH Laphroaig.

Like I said, it's really good, but I think I'll stick with low-smoke single malt selections.

I don't drink much whiskey outside of Scotch, but I do not like Maker's. It kind of tastes like jet fuel to me. That's not a good thing. I'd agree with njx that Knob Creek is the superior option in that price range.

Last edited by nepg : 03-06-2014 at 08:08 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:00 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Be careful with Noahs. The batch variation is tremendous. Ive had some pretty decent bottles and some that were almost undrinkable. Of the others recently mentioned I avoid Woodford, Makers, Bakers, and Knob Creek. Usually tend to avoid Bulleit too although the Bulleit Rye sometimes makes it into my rotation if I can't find any Rittenhouse on shelves. My cheaper go to daily pours are usually Weller 12, Weller Antique, Rittenhouse, OGD BIB, and JW Dant. I've got close to 100 bottles though now so nowadays I'm either buying something limited or something cheaper for daily drinking/cocktails.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:13 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

the weller at least sounds interesting, i'll have to see if i can find a bottle here. jw dant is not something i would really ever drink, though. maybe i got a bad bottle, or something.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:25 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the weller at least sounds interesting, i'll have to see if i can find a bottle here. jw dant is not something i would really ever drink, though. maybe i got a bad bottle, or something.
I don't drink the JW Dant by itself but for the price its a solid cocktail bourbon come spring/summer when I put back a lot of bourbon and ginger beers.

It's sad that Weller stuff is starting to disappear form a lot of markets and become harder and harder to find, especially the 12 year.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:30 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

ahhh, fair enough. i can't get away from jack for mixers. jack and diet is one of my favorite ****** bar drinks. something about the bite.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:26 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Not a Rye whiskey fan. Too much bite for me. I guess that's why I like wheaters like Makers 46.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:10 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote