Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-29-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.
Default TO and Harbaugh

Anyone ever heard of any comments that John Harbaugh said about TO's time in Philly? Was he positive or negative about him? I know Harbaugh doesn't like issues ie C-Mac and TO is bigger of a headache then him, but he is also still a good QB in the mold of WR that Cam Cameron likes and he didn't make much noise this year in Buffalo. We could probably get him with a cheap deal and laden with incentives.

Anyones thoughts??
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Signing TO would be a horrible move.
He's old
Expensive
and drops passes
... No thanks.. If Baltimore acquired Antonio Bryant and drafted Golden Tate, Flacco would get a stiffy
Old 01-29-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Signing TO would be a horrible move.
He's old
Expensive
and drops passes
... No thanks.. If Baltimore acquired Antonio Bryant and drafted Golden Tate, Flacco would get a stiffy
this. no TO please. Harbaugh surely wants nothing of him.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:57 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Not sure why everyone is hot to trot on Antonio Bryant, like he is the 2nd coming or something? He has never had a year that he was completely dominating in, his one and only good year since coming to the league he didn't even start all the games he played and didn't have anymore TD's then Mason did this year? So why is bringing in a guy that is 7 years younger then Mason going to be such a huge upgrade? As for Golden Tate... he looks like another Mark Clayton to me. I think we need to try and move up to get Dez Bryant.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Not sure why everyone is hot to trot on Antonio Bryant, like he is the 2nd coming or something? He has never had a year that he was completely dominating in, his one and only good year since coming to the league he didn't even start all the games he played and didn't have anymore TD's then Mason did this year? So why is bringing in a guy that is 7 years younger then Mason going to be such a huge upgrade? As for Golden Tate... he looks like another Mark Clayton to me. I think we need to try and move up to get Dez Bryant.
I'm not that high on Antonio Bryant either, but I'd much rather have him, than T.O.

And he's an upgrade from Mason cause he's stronger, faster, and more explosive. He's not just a possession WR, he can make plays from a small 3 yard slant or a 5 yard hitch, oh and I'd feel much more comfortable throwing end zone fades to him, rather than Mason. Downside is that he's got injury problems as well as character concerns.

As for Golden, how does he remind you of Clayton? His style of play resembles more of an Anquan Boldin or Hines Ward type player. Clayton is more of a speedy, possession WR.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:29 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to get my 2 cents in, TO isn't that expensive. Also you will only sign him for a 1-2 year max contract so if you get a 1 year deal in an uncapped year hell giving him 10 mil won't really hurt the future. I agree TO is so risky because of his relationship with QB's but he seemed to be fine this year even though Trent Edwards is horrendous. It's a very risky move but you can't deny the threat of TO on the outside opens it up for everyone else.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Bmore Blackbyrdz check out this video of Mark Clayton in College.. and then check out the 2nd link to Golden Tate in College. I think you will see why I compare those two. Not only are they practically the same physically but I think they play a similar game.

Clayton: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcIbmfagFAE

Tate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikQaUdZrET8

I don't see Anquan Boldin or Hines Ward in Golden Tate, not to say he won't be a good WR.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Just to get my 2 cents in, TO isn't that expensive. Also you will only sign him for a 1-2 year max contract so if you get a 1 year deal in an uncapped year hell giving him 10 mil won't really hurt the future. I agree TO is so risky because of his relationship with QB's but he seemed to be fine this year even though Trent Edwards is horrendous. It's a very risky move but you can't deny the threat of TO on the outside opens it up for everyone else.
see that's the thing, I don't think defense's consider him that much of a threat anymore to the point that they have to double him. He's slow and has a weak break off the ball and also has poor hands. I'm sure many teams would are done double covering him anymore and feel fine about single covering him w/ 1 DB.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Bmore Blackbyrdz check out this video of Mark Clayton in College.. and then check out the 2nd link to Golden Tate in College. I think you will see why I compare those two. Not only are they practically the same physically but I think they play a similar game.

Clayton: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcIbmfagFAE

Tate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikQaUdZrET8

I don't see Anquan Boldin or Hines Ward in Golden Tate, not to say he won't be a good WR.
I see what you are saying, but I still feel like Tate is more physical after the catch, stronger to the ball, and a lot tougher to bring down.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a 49ers fan and T.O. being my favorite player, let me say that I do hope the Ravens stay away from him because I want him to return to SF where he started his career.

As for him being "done", this past season with him being in BUF is the same as when Moss was in OAK. Average at best QB, bad coaching and a horrible OL. Evans didnt do anything either nor did anyone else for that matter.

If T.O. goes to a team that has offensive weapons, he'll bounce back like Moss did two years ago in NE.

And for those talking about Bryant, he was on my team in 2006 and had a breakout year but for anyone who thinks that T.O. is a pain in the ass, you can put Bryant right below him because he's not all there either. The only difference between the two is that T.O. is a future HOFer while Bryant has only had two good seasons in his entire eight year career. I would rather have T.O. over Bryant anyday.

Hopefully, it will work out for both of our teams. I for one will definitely be happy.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

I don't know that TO would break any records here in Baltimore like Moss did in NE as he is a bit older, but TO still would be a 90-100 rec 1200-1400yd 10-12 TD's Cam Cameron loves BIG WR's like TO.

TO didn't cause any issues up in Buffalo this past year and would be a good addition here with the Ravens!
Old 02-01-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He is a team killer, drafting Tate is great advice, he was awesome at ND.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:48 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

I would still take TO at this stage, he didn't cause the headaches he used to in Buffalo last season and drafting Tate is just putting another Mark Clayton type in our stable of WR's
Old 02-02-2010, 08:44 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's face it, if Baltimore's going after a free agent receiver, it will definitely not be TO. He's getting really old so the potential is non existent.. He drops half the passes that get thrown his way.. And most of all, he's a chemistry destroyer. No thanks, he's a diva.. Antonio Bryant is the best bet, but drafting 2 new receivers seems most likely to happen. Look for Baltimore to bring in a ton of unsigned free agent receivers and let them all battle for spots on the roster. The Ravens could use a whole new receiving core, so look for them to bring in 4-5 new faces after the draft.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love to watch people talk about TO as a cancer and then advocate getting a cancer in Bryant. Bryant ran himself out of Cleveland, Dallas, and now Tampa......And unlike TO Bryant has never been consistently productive. Give me TO 1,000 times out of 1,000 over Bryant!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

Terrell Owens is 36 years old, do you realize that?
Baltimore definitely isn't desperate enough to get an expensive, old, and overrated receiver like Owens. 36!!!! Thats the same age as Derrick Mason son.. Bryant ran himself out of Cleveland because, let's face it, the browns are the worst franchise of all time... He's still only 28, 8 years younger than your beloved TO.. TO to baltimore is just never going to happen, and it would be the most horrible decision they've ever made...
Old 02-02-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Terrell Owens is 36 years old, do you realize that?
Baltimore definitely isn't desperate enough to get an expensive, old, and overrated receiver like Owens. 36!!!! Thats the same age as Derrick Mason son.. Bryant ran himself out of Cleveland because, let's face it, the browns are the worst franchise of all time... He's still only 28, 8 years younger than your beloved TO.. TO to baltimore is just never going to happen, and it would be the most horrible decision they've ever made...
Im not sayin it is gonna happen Im just sayin to say you dont want TO because he is such a disruption, and then turn around and say we should get Antonio Bryant is ridiculous. We're not gonna make any changes to the receiving team, because the genious and harbaugh think our WRs are fine. And btw Dont metion TO and Mason in the same sentence Mason is an average WR, TO is a dominant force on the field and if he came to Baltimore it would be amazing. As for Bryant he has some talent but he is not elite, he has the ability but he, unlike TO, allows his head to get in the way of his on field production.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 02-02-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Steeler fan, I'd get more scared seeing TO twice a year than AB. TO can still perform at a high level. Yeah he drops balls, but he is one of the best recievers after the catch and can still put up big numbers. He doesn't have signs of slowing down because of how good of shape he is in. Yeah he runs his mouth, but it's not like he's going to clubs and shooting himself or getting arrested.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Im not sayin it is gonna happen Im just sayin to say you dont want TO because he is such a disruption, and then turn around and say we should get Antonio Bryant is ridiculous. We're not gonna make any changes to the receiving team, because the genious and harbaugh think our WRs are fine. And btw Dont metion TO and Mason in the same sentence Mason is an average WR, TO is a dominant force on the field and if he came to Baltimore it would be amazing. As for Bryant he has some talent but he is not elite, he has the ability but he, unlike TO, allows his head to get in the way of his on field production.
I agree with this. If you are going to take a chance on Bryant then you should have no problem taking a chance on TO. I mean TO can still play on the same level as Bryant IMO. So I am agreeing with ERU on this. I still want Marshall but TO is still a good receiver and doesn't have any injury problems. I am not 100% on Bryant but I think he has been injured a lot of his career.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
And btw Dont metion TO and Mason in the same sentence Mason is an average WR
are you kidding me???????
Masons a hall of famer.. he's always been consistently awesome. don't hate on the guy, just check the stats
Old 02-02-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's more to a player than just stats. Antonio Cromartie had 10 picks a few seasons ago and he sucks. Same thing with Deltha O'Neal his rookie season.

Edit: Also, if Hines Ward isn't a shoe in for the HOF, then Mason isn't either. Hines has more catches, touchdowns, Super Bowl wins, and Super Bowl MVPs than Mason and Hines played one less season. Plus, he got most of his stats on running teams. Yes I do know that Mason played on strong running teams, but that's not the point.

Last edited by Hines : 02-02-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Mason is not a HOF, he doesn't get in the endzone enough. And to get into the HOF IMO you have to be a dominant force in your generation of the NFL and Mason is not.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 02-03-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
I agree with this. If you are going to take a chance on Bryant then you should have no problem taking a chance on TO. I mean TO can still play on the same level as Bryant IMO. So I am agreeing with ERU on this. I still want Marshall but TO is still a good receiver and doesn't have any injury problems. I am not 100% on Bryant but I think he has been injured a lot of his career.
This is like 2 things we agree on inside of a months time.......WTF?

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 02-04-2010, 09:06 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Actually speaking to the HOF credentials for Mason vs Ward... if you take from 2000 to present Mason has more receptions and Yards (thats when both became FT starters)

I think they both are HOF in my opinion. Both offer something different to the team and both are TEAM players not ME ME ME
Old 02-04-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

I don't think either of those guys are HOF worthy. Randy Moss is a WR you think of when you think HOF. Mason and Ward have been very good receivers in this league and throughout there career but I don't think either of those guys are hall of fame material.