Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 01-29-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Hue Jackson Wasnt Brought Here to Only Tutor Russell

Quote:
The perception is that the Raiders hired Hue Jackson as offensive coordinator in an effort to salvage JaMarcus Russell's career. The Raiders say that's not true.

"Hue Jackson was hired to work with the entire offense, regardless of who the quarterback might be," Raiders senior executive John Herrera said to Paul Gutierrez of the Sacramento Bee Thursday.

It may not sound like much, but that's essentially a public declaration that Russell won't be guaranteed anything. That's a change from precedent and clearly approved from on high.

"[JaMarcus] is just one man on this football team," Tom Cable said KHTK's Mike Lamb Thursday. "He knows he's got to better, we know he's got to get better, but everyone on this team, coaching staff and players alike, has got to get better."

It sounds like Russell needs to get a lot better or he'll start 2010 as a backup. That should be music to the ears of Raiders fans.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tutor-russell/

Very good news to me. Gradkowski should start the season one way or the other.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:40 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

I could see you guys trading a 5th round pick for Troy Smith. Hue Jackson has always been high on him, and was a big part of the Ravens drafting him.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:55 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
I could see you guys trading a 5th round pick for Troy Smith. Hue Jackson has always been high on him, and was a big part of the Ravens drafting him.
That's actually a good possibility that you've brought up. You can never have enough competition, especially when Russell is your team's leading candidate to start at the position. Mobile QBs have proven to be successful recently behind our line. I believe Frye moves on from here after a favorable showcase to the other GMs (Holmgren, specifically) across the league. Admittedly, I have no idea what the situation is like with Losman and if the team has any interest in retaining him. Overall, it's a worthy scenario to discuss and one I avidly want us to explore.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01

I think the key with Hue being hired is to get the running game going and bring some of the same power blocking schemes used in B-More to help DMC, Bush and Fargas and the O-Line to get going again.
Dark Knight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope he can turn around the offense as a whole and eventually get Jamarcus on the right track
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote