Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd laugh if the Raiders let Seymour walk back to NE. Yea, there is almost no chance that Julius Peppers isn't at least considered in NE. Adalius Thomas got a good contract despite being a free agent. I think he'll be cut in the off-season and the Patriots may go after a Peppers. Of course, the order that happens in is not necessarily set. I think they will dump Thomas after the cap penalty is gone though.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philadelphia would be a viable option. We usually get one big FA each offseason over the past couple of years.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one seems to be answering the most important question: will your team break the bank?

None of the final eight can sign him, that much is known.

Beyond that, the small market teams (BUF, JAC, GB, etc.) aren't going to pay him a huge contract.

What I do know is that Dallas, Washington, and Seattle will all spend like nuts.

The Steelers won't spend big bucks. Jets and Giants- I don't know. Same for Philly and New England.

Oh, and Arthur Blank definitely would offer him a gigantic deal in Atlanta.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he may end up with the Ravens.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
CLong4Heisman
Veteran

CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets. 3-4 defense. Woody Johnson is a big spender and if Rex wants him....
Old 01-31-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens can't sign him unless they lose someone to free agency of the same value ($-wise).

Therefore, it is highly unlikely that the Ravens will sign him.

EDIT: LOL, neither can the Jets.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
No one seems to be answering the most important question: will your team break the bank?

None of the final eight can sign him, that much is known.

Beyond that, the small market teams (BUF, JAC, GB, etc.) aren't going to pay him a huge contract.

What I do know is that Dallas, Washington, and Seattle will all spend like nuts.

The Steelers won't spend big bucks. Jets and Giants- I don't know. Same for Philly and New England.

Oh, and Arthur Blank definitely would offer him a gigantic deal in Atlanta.
Well, if that's the case ... OAKLAND!

Why not? Al Davis would break the bank, DE is a major need, and you cannot underestimate Seymour's recruiting abilities being one of the most well-respected players around the league. Just sayin'
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post

Why not? Al Davis would break the bank, DE is a major need, and you cannot underestimate Seymour's recruiting abilities being one of the most well-respected players around the league. Just sayin'
Definitely a huge possibility. I don't think you need to do much recruiting- a lot of dudes go where the best offer is regardless.

From a football standpoint, adding Peppers to OAK and then perhaps addressing some other positions in FA and the draft could make them into a rock-solid defense.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post

I actually think this is possible, especially if Peppers takes a "sign with the highest bidder" approach. He's uber athletic, fits a need, and we all know Al Davis ain't afraid to break the bank.
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peppers to the Vikings would be sick. But not likely. I also am not too fond of the idea of having 100 million invested in a defensive line. Ray Edwards is about the same as Peppers these days. I think he'll go to the Ravens or Dolphins.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Peppers to the Vikings would be sick. But not likely. I also am not too fond of the idea of having 100 million invested in a defensive line. Ray Edwards is about the same as Peppers these days. I think he'll go to the Ravens or Dolphins.
The only way it is possible is if Ray Edwards got an equal contract to Peppers = no chance.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:43 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carolina traditionally never has contract talks until a certain time after the season ends and based off the ends we have currently, Johnson, Taylor, Brayton, Brown it's forseeable the Panthers allow him to walk without putting the tag on him.

imo, They'll make him a good offer that he'll likely turn down and Carolina will sign some form of help on the line and look to use the money to sure up other positions like WR which is much more in need of depth and replenishment.

I love Peppers and some of his plays and presence will be irreplaceable, but if Johnson starts, I feel confident in his ability and the ability of the two rotational guys to pick up 10 sacks between them.

There's a lot of reason to keep him, but 15million a year for him when he's likely only got another 3-4 seasons in him, when the team is aging at some other positions, just isn't worth it.

I hope they can get the deal done, but Carolina will survive without him.

The patriots are a possibility, I doubt he'd head to washington, maybe Philly, maybe the 49ers might throw something at him, I think the browns are definitely out, who knows, maybe the Jets.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:27 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carolina won't tag him. Isn't the number going to be like 22 million or something? I don't know how it works, but I know it's over 20. Then he could get another 1.5 for the pro-bowl (easily in his range) and another 1 or 1.5 (i forget which) for the super bowl. If 22 is right, that's 25 million for one year. No team is going to pay that to one player.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:44 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember he said he wanted to play for Dallas...but I highly doubt Jerry would shell out more money with the emergence of Spencer. Some food for thought tho.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:43 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mite as well come the the redskins no doubt dan would pay
Old 02-01-2010, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears....not.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I'd laugh if the Raiders let Seymour walk back to NE. Yea, there is almost no chance that Julius Peppers isn't at least considered in NE. Adalius Thomas got a good contract despite being a free agent. I think he'll be cut in the off-season and the Patriots may go after a Peppers. Of course, the order that happens in is not necessarily set. I think they will dump Thomas after the cap penalty is gone though.

Exactly. We'll cut Thomas and snatch up Peppers. Game Over.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:08 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are going to get Peppers, Dumervil and Marshall. Just see.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
We are going to get Peppers, Dumervil and Marshall. Just see.

If that happened then Pluto would become a Planet again.
Lets do this for Pluto. It's lonely out there.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:11 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
If that happened then Pluto would become a Planet again.
Lets do this for Pluto. It's lonely out there.
SAVE PLUTO!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id be weary of signing Peppers. He's only dominant when he feels like playing.

And lately, he hasn't felt like playing much. Giving a huge contract to a guy like that is risky business.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I'll take 10.5 sacks, 5 FF and 2 Ints from a slacker... easily
Its easy to slack off when u know u aren't playing for anything
Granted, I'm not trying to give him an excuse since he is getting paid so he shoudn't slack off ever
playing for a team thats always in the Playoffs and has a real shot at a Super Bowl title will probably give him that extra gear he's been missing in Carolina

Old 02-01-2010, 09:22 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** PLUTO!!!

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Granted, I'm not trying to give him an excuse since he is getting paid so he shoudn't slack off ever
playing for a team thats always in the Playoffs and has a real shot at a Super Bowl title will probably give him that extra gear he's been missing in Carolina
You'd pay 100 million dollars for that? Bc I wouldn't.

Especially with pass rushers becoming easier and easier to find, and this draft being loaded.

Especially for 3-4 teams. Why spend 100 million on Peppers when you have Morgan, Graham, Kindle, and Norwood in the draft?
Old 02-01-2010, 09:23 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

Quote:
Add stars like Brady, Moss, Welker, Tebow, Gerhart, Marshall, Dumervil, Mayo and Meriweather as your teammates. And a coach that never gives up and always goes for it on 4th and 2.