Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 02-02-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Yeah this is a very deep draft, and I understand your reasoning. But we essintially adding a member to the offense yall run who will start for sure and do his part and do it well. and I look to trade a next year 2nd to get back up in the draft, and try to get a OL. Getting McCoy helps out. Also, I have a deal in place with another team that if their player falls and noone is a major steal i am trading back into the 10's and picking up a 3rd. Thoughts?
I think that is a decent deal, but not if Iupati, Graham, Wilson, or a big steal are available. Picking up an additional 3rd can be a great thing in this draft, but not at the cost of missing out on what a lot of people think are sure things.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

You should try to trade our 2nd, J-Pete and 2011 2nd to San Fran for #13 and draft Joe Haden!
Old 02-04-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Gerald McCoy
2. Kyle Wilson
Thoughts?
Old 02-04-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. Gerald McCoy
2. Kyle Wilson
Thoughts?
I would love this for the Lions, very much. I do hope Wilson is still there by the start of the second round.
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I figured yall would like so far, not to mention the addition of Karney!!!
Old 02-04-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. Gerald McCoy
2. Kyle Wilson
Thoughts?
sounds good to me.
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:01 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
I would love this for the Lions, very much. I do hope Wilson is still there by the start of the second round.
P.I.M.P.

If you tell me that we got one of Mike Johnson, Jon Asamoah, Dexter McCluster or Montario Hardesty in the third, it will be boner-iffic.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So let's say hypothetically the Rams go the Bradford route, that would mean both Suh and McCoy are there for the taking, who do we take?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
So let's say hypothetically the Rams go the Bradford route, that would mean both Suh and McCoy are there for the taking, who do we take?
Ahhh ... that question. Very nice for us. If Mayhew is as sharp as he thinks he is (marinate on that) he should be on the horn to trade that sucka #2 pick. (San Francisco, New England, Philadelphia holla!) I mean likely some portion of a deal would be in place pre draft for said QB (like the past few years) & the suspense of who is #1 is gone. Thanks St. Louis ;o) So the trade is already in the works ... we acquire multiple picks & trade back to get an Eric Berry, Joe Haden, CJ Spiller, Anthony Davis, Derrick Morgan, Brian Price etc heck, McCoy might even be there depending on how far we trade back?!

If St. Louis reveals their hand early, we have so much leverage in this draft.
Suh-pendus!!! HA!
Old 02-05-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
suh. i like his production, vision, and hands better than mccoy's quickness. i would be open to a trade down if it was fair value and not too far down the board.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Suh-clear bomb! RUN to the podium!

Old 02-05-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suh- 55 GP 200 TKL 56 TFL 26.5 sacks
McCoy- 40 GP 83 TKL 33 TFL 14.5 sacks

Both are awesome, but Suh is just sick, thus I would go Suh.

I also would not mind trading down if a good deal came along. Hopefully St. Louis takes Bradford and Seattle really likes Clausen. Washington could pose a threat to Seattle, forcing them to move up. If we could swap picks with Seattle (2 for 6) for their 2nd rounder (pick 40) that would be awesome...
Old 02-05-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotts1 View Post
Suh- 55 GP 200 TKL 56 TFL 26.5 sacks
McCoy- 40 GP 83 TKL 33 TFL 14.5 sacks

Both are awesome, but Suh is just sick, thus I would go Suh.

I also would not mind trading down if a good deal came along. Hopefully St. Louis takes Bradford and Seattle really likes Clausen. Washington could pose a threat to Seattle, forcing them to move up. If we could swap picks with Seattle (2 for 6) for their 2nd rounder (pick 40) that would be awesome...
Its a great thing college stats are a direct correlation to pro success.
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they both played in the same conference against the exact same competition so these mean a little bit more than average.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenLament View Post
I do think the TFLs and sacks are more important than tackles or INTs, especially from the DT position.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't make me throw Tebow's stats up here boys! ;o)
Old 02-06-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

Quote:
Regardless, 200 tackles from a DT is ridiculous....
Old 02-07-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotts1 View Post
Regardless, 200 tackles from a DT is ridiculous....
It really is completely insane, although I do want to say that McCoy's linemates have been better than Suh's. Not to take anything away from Suh's freakishness, but he was one of the few playmaker @ nebraska.

Regardless: Suh is creepy good. But saying he's THAT much better than anyone else really isn't fair by McCoy.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
It really is completely insane, although I do want to say that McCoy's linemates have been better than Suh's. Not to take anything away from Suh's freakishness, but he was one of the few playmaker @ nebraska.
That just shows his stats were more amazing, when he was double and tripled teamed haha
Old 02-08-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think for DT they mean more than say QB. Especially when you add in the factors of the conference he was in, the pressure he faced when being doubled constantly and the fact that his stats are so great for his position. You don't often see that many tackles from a DT. The stats are just a measure of production.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Alright guys, getting a DT and CB. Whats next? OG? DE?
Old 02-08-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

Quote:
Alright guys, getting a DT and CB. Whats next? OG? DE?
Who's available at each position right now?

Old 02-08-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ricky Sapp is still available, I'd take him if I was Zach.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OG is Mike Johnson available?
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

I'd say the BPA is Jonathan Dwyer, gotta give your boy Karney someone to block for!