Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 02-04-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotts1 View Post
I think the reason Kyle Wilson was down on some draft boards was because he didn't play against elite competition. He put a lot of those doubts to rest at the senior bowl. I think he's a legit late 1st rounder. At this point I would jump on Wilson at 34, especially with the state of our secondary....I like Perrish Cox to. Cox and Wilson are neck and neck for who will be the 2nd corner off the board. Hopefully we'll get a shot at one of them.
Don't forget about Patrick Robinson. He still has a very legit shot at being the second corner taken off the board too. Even Warren to an extent, albeit he is the darkhorse of the group and would need a very impressive combine.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I mean there is still a lot of time left for guys to move up and down the boards, but from what I've read, Robinson struggled during senior bowl drills. He probably hurt his stock while Wilson and Cox improved theirs. We'll know more after the combine I guess.
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotts1 View Post
Yea, I mean there is still a lot of time left for guys to move up and down the boards, but from what I've read, Robinson struggled during senior bowl drills. He probably hurt his stock while Wilson and Cox improved theirs. We'll know more after the combine I guess.
I really don't like Robinson as a prospect. He isn't a strong tackler and overrated at this point. I would rather have Warren, Cox, Wilson, and even the guy from Wake before him.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblain1 View Post
In my not-so-expert opinion, I'd say too early. I even think it could be early for Wilson at #34. Yes, he is rising, but wasn't his original projection 3rd round? Also it looks like there is a good group of CB/Ss this year. I wouldn't mind waiting until 3-4th round to pick one up unless someone like Earl Thomas slipped to the 2nd round.

EDIT: Nevermind...looks like a lot of recent mocks have Wilson going late 1st. Maybe the guy has jumped significantly.
Yeah, he should go in the first, looks like maybe the Eagles @ 24.
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Yeah, he should go in the first, looks like maybe the Eagles @ 24.
Yeah we'll see. A lot may depend on his combine numbers too. Kyle Wilson has today's hype, but will he get tomorrow's hype? Lots of good CBs lumped in the same range so someone could separate at the combine. But I do like that he has performed on the field; I'd rather value that over how high he jumps in front of a board of pegs or a 40 time in spandex.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe Donovan Warren has the most potential out of any of the corners in this years draft. If he runs in the 4.4's I would take him over Wilson with our 2nd round pick.

He never had the same D-coordinator twice and still played well. If he gets coached up in the NFL his potential is probably higher than any of the CBs in the draft.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Perrish Cox at 34. Good corner, good Senior Bowl and good kick return abilities.

Or a trade down to mid 2nd picking up a mid 3rd. Still target BPA corner,DE or RB.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote