Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,440
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default *NEW* Updated Bucs Mock Offseason

Resign:
-Barrett Ruud to long term Deal
- Donald Penn to Long Term Deal
- Caddalac williams for 3 years
- Maurice Stovall for 3 years
- Corey Lynch for 3 years

- Give an extension to Davin Joseph for 6 years
- Extension to Tanard Jackson for 6 years

Trades:
- Trade MLB Barrett Ruud to Oakland for Mlb Kirk Morrison, who was also locked up long term.

- Trade 3rd Round pick to San Diego for CB Antonio Cromartie

DRAFT:

1st round- With both SUH and McCoy off the board, the bucs trade the 3rd overall pick to buffalo for #9 and their 2nd round pick.

At #9 overall, the Bucs select Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State

Back in the 1st round, it seems like Brian Price is still around at #27, where dallas is open to trading down. Bucs trade #35 and #41 overall to dallas for the #27 overall pick. BUCS SELECT Brian Price DT UCLA.

In the 2nd round, Tampa takes DE Everson Griffen USC. I think he is going to suffer a slide because guys like Brandon Graham, who tore up the senior bowl are going to move up and St. Piere will tear up the combine, and they are all base 4-3 DE's ,so i see griffen sliding a bit.

In the 4th round, I see getting the steal of the draft in SS Larry Assante from Nebraska. Great Pick.

5th round, we take T Kyle Calloway to compete with Jeremy Trueblood at RT

6th round, Stafon Johnson RB USC

6th round (f/ Jack) Rico McCoy OLB Tennesee

7th Round- Terrell Hudgons WR ELON* this guy is big and could be a nice steel for the Bucs

7th- Andrew Quarless TE Penn State Again, i like this guy as a 2 TE in the passing game behind Winslow. Nice 2nd goaling/redzone option from the TE position.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Posts: 1,044
Reputation: 103329
Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Some issues I have with this:

- Why in the world would we sign Ruud to a long term deal and then trade him for another MLB?

- Antonio Cromartie is not a good fit for this defense. He had a good rookie season, but has packed it in since. He puts no effort into tackling, which is a key skill a cornerback needs to be successful in the Tampa 2 (or any zone scheme, for that matter).

- I do not like Dez Bryant... at all. I don't think he's going to end up being a good #1 receiver in this league.

- Trading up for Price is ok. Sitting tight with 3 picks in the 2nd round and drafting Tyson Alualu with one of them might be the better option, though.

- Kyle Calloway will likely not make it out of the 4th round unless he bombs at the Combine.

- I think you have Stafon Johnson and Rico McCoy rated a round later than they'll actually be taken.
__________________
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aussie-Land
Posts: 20,930
Reputation: 2287858
Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

1. Cromartie sucks.

2. Trade an MLB for an MLB? Ruud > Morrison in my opinion.

3. Brian Price will go top 20 easily.

4. If Everson makes it to the 2nd round he is a huge steal, but I doubt he does.
__________________

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: WI
Posts: 3,411
Reputation: 47192
cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Morrison wasn't locked up long term either. Both he and Rudd are restricted free agents this offseason. And as Caddy said Rudd is twice the player that Morrison is.
__________________
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aussie-Land
Posts: 20,930
Reputation: 2287858
Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Some issues I have with this:

- Why in the world would we sign Ruud to a long term deal and then trade him for another MLB?

- Antonio Cromartie is not a good fit for this defense. He had a good rookie season, but has packed it in since. He puts no effort into tackling, which is a key skill a cornerback needs to be successful in the Tampa 2 (or any zone scheme, for that matter).

- I do not like Dez Bryant... at all. I don't think he's going to end up being a good #1 receiver in this league.

- Trading up for Price is ok. Sitting tight with 3 picks in the 2nd round and drafting Tyson Alualu with one of them might be the better option, though.

- Kyle Calloway will likely not make it out of the 4th round unless he bombs at the Combine.

- I think you have Stafon Johnson and Rico McCoy rated a round later than they'll actually be taken.
I actually think McCoy will go undrafted. He doesn't impress me at all.
__________________

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,440
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Alright, now reading about it, i think that was pretty dumb to have the ruud del, but cromartie i think is a solid pick up. In the 3rd round, i wouldn't mind trading the pick for a proven CB who is 25 years old and is a solid cover corner to team with Talib. Tackling could be worked on, but i think for a 3rd round pick, its a steal.

And yes, he would fit our defense because although we are back to tampa 2, with the blitz schemes raheem is installing, he needs corners to play both zone and man coverage.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Posts: 1,044
Reputation: 103329
Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
And yes, he would fit our defense because although we are back to tampa 2, with the blitz schemes raheem is installing, he needs corners to play both zone and man coverage.
This assumes that Morris is using more blitz packages because he likes blitzing and not because our defensive line couldn't get adequate pressure if they were lined up against a bunch of turn-styles. Right now, we don't know either way and we won't until we get a decent defensive line.

Either way, Cromartie would not be a good pickup. We don't need players this this:


__________________

Last edited by Legacy : 02-03-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aussie-Land
Posts: 20,930
Reputation: 2287858
Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Alright, now reading about it, i think that was pretty dumb to have the ruud del, but cromartie i think is a solid pick up. In the 3rd round, i wouldn't mind trading the pick for a proven CB who is 25 years old and is a solid cover corner to team with Talib. Tackling could be worked on, but i think for a 3rd round pick, its a steal.

And yes, he would fit our defense because although we are back to tampa 2, with the blitz schemes raheem is installing, he needs corners to play both zone and man coverage.
Our corners need to be able to tackle. Cromartie can't tackle...
__________________

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,811
Reputation: 149524
bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Resign:
-Barrett Ruud to long term Deal
- Donald Penn to Long Term Deal
- Caddalac williams for 3 years
- Maurice Stovall for 3 years
- Corey Lynch for 3 years

- Give an extension to Davin Joseph for 6 years
- Extension to Tanard Jackson for 6 years

Trades:
- Trade MLB Barrett Ruud to Oakland for Mlb Kirk Morrison, who was also locked up long term.

- Trade 3rd Round pick to San Diego for CB Antonio Cromartie

DRAFT:

1st round- With both SUH and McCoy off the board, the bucs trade the 3rd overall pick to buffalo for #9 and their 2nd round pick.

At #9 overall, the Bucs select Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State

Back in the 1st round, it seems like Brian Price is still around at #27, where dallas is open to trading down. Bucs trade #35 and #41 overall to dallas for the #27 overall pick. BUCS SELECT Brian Price DT UCLA.

In the 2nd round, Tampa takes DE Everson Griffen USC. I think he is going to suffer a slide because guys like Brandon Graham, who tore up the senior bowl are going to move up and St. Piere will tear up the combine, and they are all base 4-3 DE's ,so i see griffen sliding a bit.

In the 4th round, I see getting the steal of the draft in SS Larry Assante from Nebraska. Great Pick.

5th round, we take T Kyle Calloway to compete with Jeremy Trueblood at RT

6th round, Stafon Johnson RB USC

6th round (f/ Jack) Rico McCoy OLB Tennesee

7th Round- Terrell Hudgons WR ELON* this guy is big and could be a nice steel for the Bucs

7th- Andrew Quarless TE Penn State Again, i like this guy as a 2 TE in the passing game behind Winslow. Nice 2nd goaling/redzone option from the TE position.
This is a lot going on here man, lets first start by trading Ruud. Its not going to happen. Also why in the world would you give Caddy ( love him ) a three year deal? Cro sucks and is living off of that 10int season he had and the sick one handed pick of Manning three years ago. Also when its all said n done I think Price will be a top 15 pick.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 307
Reputation: 1462
KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.
Default

Don't mind trading down with Buffalo and grabbing Dez at all. I don't know about trading back into the first round to get Price, from what i've seen of him I like, but I've heard a little chatter that Price takes plays off and what not, Mayock dosn't even have him in his top 5 for DTs and he is usually pretty good at ranking prospects. I'd rather keep the pick and take BPA..Also one of the DE's is going to slip imo as well, weather it is Griffen or Graham/Dunlap who knows but I think we will be able to get a good one at 2a.

With your senario I would rather see this:
1. Dez WR
2a. B. Graham DE
2b. Kyle Wilson CB
2c. L. Houston DT
3. Alex Carrington DE
4. Larry Assante S
5. Torrell Troup DT

Best Available rest of the way... Or atleast something similiar to this...

The combine will take care of some questions about Price I think...

If this mock actually went down, you would get 2DTs, 2DEs, a WR, SS and a CB in the frist 5 rounds and a good start to rebuilding the D and giving Freeman the best rated WR in this years draft...

Last edited by KennyG : 02-04-2010 at 06:55 PM.
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.