Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 04-18-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hello falcons people. I am convinced that the first 7 picks of the first round in some order are gonna be Russell/Johnson/Peterson/Adams/Thomas/Landry/Quinn. Who would you guys take? I'm thinking either Okoye or Brown, and maybe Anderson.

If Petrino feels like Okoye can start next to Rod Coleman I know you'd guys would get him for sure. If not then I think it's Levi Brown.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A player I want, in that situation, is actually Patrick Willis. Bobby Petrino hinted that Brooking is the MLB, now, but that could change after the draft.

I think the odds are that it will be Amobi Okoye, in this hypothetical situation. Defensive Tackle is a need, because there is uncertainty with Jackson and Babineaux. Along with the obvious connection between Okoye and Petrino.

I don't think Levi Brown will be the pick. It doesn't make sense with Rich McKay's prior history. Maybe I am wrong, but I just don't see it.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what if Okoye is gone along with Landry, peterson, and Adams, who do you think the pick will be then?

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
what if Okoye is gone along with Landry, peterson, and Adams, who do you think the pick will be then?
I don't see how that is possible.

Johnson
Thomas
Russell
Quinn
Peterson
Landry
Adams
Okoye

We have the 8th pick. Unless, somehow Quinn fell to Miami. Even under the hypothetical situation; I would say Jamaal Anderson, probably. Maybe Patrick Willis. Maybe Levi Brown. Maybe trade down.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I don't see how that is possible.

Johnson 2nd
Thomas 5th
Russell 1st
Quinn to the phins
Peterson 3rd
Landry 6th
Adams 7th
Okoye 4th

We have the 8th pick. Unless, somehow Quinn fell to Miami. Even under the hypothetical situation; I would say Jamaal Anderson, probably. Maybe Patrick Willis. Maybe Levi Brown. Maybe trade down.
Quinn falls pass the Vikings.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Last edited by smittyjs : 04-18-2007 at 07:10 PM.
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:28 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Simple answer: trade down. If Quinn were still available at #8, there would surely be some offers coming in to grab him ahead of the Dolphins. Carolina would probably be most keen, but we'd obviously tell them where to go. Jags would be the best option, at #17. Or we just bluff out the Dolphins on the trade, and possibly get them to give us an extra 3rd or 4th.

Otherwise, I'd take Levi Brown in a heartbeat over Jamaal Anderson. I love Anderson's potential, but there's plenty of bustability there too. Ask yourself this question: would you rather have Brown and Johnson/Crowder, or Anderson and er, well, maybe Ugoh?
Old 04-20-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bennybee38
Rookie

bennybee38 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

just wondering what y'all think...

1st - DE Adam Carriker
2nd - S Eric Weddle
3rd - OG Manuel Ramirez
4th - LB Zak DeOssie
4th - CB - DeAndre Jackson
5th - RB DeShawn Wyn
6th - OT Chase Johnson
bennybee38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Not bad, though I'm not sure that Carriker would be an option at #8 - perhaps after a trade down. I really like most of the other picks.

However, you have forgotten to include our extra 2nd, another 4th, and a comp 7th.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
ksfalconsfan

Would everyone be satisfied with this?

#8 - Alan Branch - we need a run stuffing d-tackle to pair with Rod Coleman, due to the lawsuit of Grady Jackson, and also both of them are aging. Branch also has amazing athleticism for a man his size. (6-6, 330 lbs) I read in a scouting report on him that one of his "weaknesses" is that when he is double -teamed he can forget about the ball carrier and focus on destroying the blockers. Now that's not a bad weakness to have for a DT.

#39 - Brandon Meriweather - 1st round talent, and need position for us. He comes from Miami, which is one school that always has players do well in the NFL. My only worry is his character, I hope the brawl was a one-time incident.

#44 - Justin Blaylock - A huge, powerful run blocker, he can knock people off the ball and will work perfectly in our power running scheme.

#75 - Josh Wilson - This CB out of Maryland has been clocked at 4.28 in the 40. That puts him as one of the fastest players in the league. He's also known as a tough guy with great intangibles, which, added with that blazing speed, make him someone I would love for the Falcons to get. He can surely beat out Jason Webster, and may be able to puch Jimmy Williams for the #2 CB job.

#109 - Lamarr Woodley - He does not have the great size and speed that you look for, but this guy was the most dominant player on the best defense in the nation last year. He won the Lombardi Award for best player on the d or o-line last season.

#133 - Michael Bush - I think that he may fall this far because of his knee, and everyone expects the Falcons to be the team that finally pulls the trigger. He was a Heisman candidate, has terrific speed and moves for his size and is said to have great intangibles. If his knee is okay, he could be the steal of the draft.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:38 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

I can't believe that Petrino would take Branch over Okoye, but I wouldn't be disappointed with Branch if the injury rumours turn out to be a big smokescreen.

Rest of the draft would be superb, but I feel like most of the picks there are somewhat ambitious.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:43 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

It seems like Arizona may be serious in their preference for Brown over Thomas. In that case, if Thomas is on the board at #5, they may be willing to trade down. The value difference is 300 points, which is roughly our 3rd and (first) 4th. I would do that in a trice to get a franchise LT.

Then we could draft thus:

#5: Joe Thomas
#39: Charles Johnson
#44: Eric Weddle

Rest of draft: interior O and D line, and power RB (hopefully Bush).
Old 04-24-2007, 09:28 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

If Peterson is there at #8, I'd really want to trade down.

This is why:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kwbA4c2vdvg

Many of Norwood's best runs are straight through the tackles. He's far more than a scatback. Hopefully he's been bulking up over the offseason, especially those legs. He needs a power back to help him out, and keep him fresh, but not one at #8 overall.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Ciao Bella

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfalconsfan View Post
Would everyone be satisfied with this?

#8 - Alan Branch - we need a run stuffing d-tackle to pair with Rod Coleman, due to the lawsuit of Grady Jackson, and also both of them are aging. Branch also has amazing athleticism for a man his size. (6-6, 330 lbs) I read in a scouting report on him that one of his "weaknesses" is that when he is double -teamed he can forget about the ball carrier and focus on destroying the blockers. Now that's not a bad weakness to have for a DT.

#39 - Brandon Meriweather - 1st round talent, and need position for us. He comes from Miami, which is one school that always has players do well in the NFL. My only worry is his character, I hope the brawl was a one-time incident.

#44 - Justin Blaylock - A huge, powerful run blocker, he can knock people off the ball and will work perfectly in our power running scheme.

#75 - Josh Wilson - This CB out of Maryland has been clocked at 4.28 in the 40. That puts him as one of the fastest players in the league. He's also known as a tough guy with great intangibles, which, added with that blazing speed, make him someone I would love for the Falcons to get. He can surely beat out Jason Webster, and may be able to puch Jimmy Williams for the #2 CB job.

#109 - Lamarr Woodley - He does not have the great size and speed that you look for, but this guy was the most dominant player on the best defense in the nation last year. He won the Lombardi Award for best player on the d or o-line last season.

#133 - Michael Bush - I think that he may fall this far because of his knee, and everyone expects the Falcons to be the team that finally pulls the trigger. He was a Heisman candidate, has terrific speed and moves for his size and is said to have great intangibles. If his knee is okay, he could be the steal of the draft.

Besides Josh Wilson and Alan Branch I like your draft.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
ksfalconsfan

Maybe Alan Branch isn't worth that high of a pick, and also DT's turn into busts too often. If Adrian Peterson was still there at 8, we could take him and be set with a 2 back set with him and Jerious Norwood.
Or, we could trade the pick to someone in need of a running back (Texans or Bills maybe). We could still pick up Branch or Okoye, or even better - Patrick Willis. LB may not be our biggest need, but he is the rare prospect that had great production in college and has the measurables (4.37 forty) you look for