Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 02-16-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd really like for Texas to land WR Hakeem Flowers and WR Marquis Jackson and turn both of them into DB's.

I've heard that CB Charles Jackson is a REALLY talented CB. I hope Texas offers him, but who knows....

I really hope Texas lands Diggs as well. Love to land Q-Jammer's little Bro. Diggs is legit though as a prospect. I mean he can really play.

I like Plano East DB Lyndell Johnson as well. I'm not sure if he is coming to the Jr. day though.

I'm not saying will offer all of those guys, just my thoughts on them.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
I'd really like for Texas to land WR Hakeem Flowers and WR Marquis Jackson and turn both of them into DB's.

I've heard that CB Charles Jackson is a REALLY talented CB. I hope Texas offers him, but who knows....

I really hope Texas lands Diggs as well. Love to land Q-Jammer's little Bro. Diggs is legit though as a prospect. I mean he can really play.

I like Plano East DB Lyndell Johnson as well. I'm not sure if he is coming to the Jr. day though.

I'm not saying will offer all of those guys, just my thoughts on them.
Since we took 4/5 WRs in 2010, I really wouldn't mind only taking 2 this year. We really need some DBs and OL though, especially OL. I know we offered Flowers, Westerman, and Greenlea will probably get an offer as well. I think we aboslutely need 2 of the 3, I'm not excited about our current OL commits. Diggs is a lock IMO.
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant see Texas offering any other WR's in this class... As far as DB's go, I think there are 2 spots left... I think Diggs gets one of them... Safety Avery Walls from Georgia is visiting Austin tomorrow
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
I cant see Texas offering any other WR's in this class... As far as DB's go, I think there are 2 spots left... I think Diggs gets one of them... Safety Avery Walls from Georgia is visiting Austin tomorrow
WOW!!! I've watched a highlight video on Walls and he hits like a TRUCK!! I hope Mack rolls out the red carpet for him.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
WOW!!! I've watched a highlight video on Walls and he hits like a TRUCK!! I hope Mack rolls out the red carpet for him.
would love to land this guy and Diggs to go along with Sheroid Evans, Leroy Scott and Mykkele Thompson
Old 02-16-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not gonna make a new thread just to show this, but I thought it was worth sharing. Old news coverage of Herschel Walker recruitment.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Bobek is gonna commit to Ohio State sometime in the not so distant future....but don't tell Told.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Brian Bobek is gonna commit to Ohio State sometime in the not so distant future....but don't tell Told.
no offense but Im suprised he even got an offer from you guys

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we need OLinemen and they told him he was too good to not offer. I'll take it.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
CLong4Heisman
Veteran

CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
we need OLinemen and they told him he was too good to not offer. I'll take it.
Ever since John Clay and Seatreal committed to Iowa and AJ Derby got his fifth star and was named a top 50 player, I believe everything that he says
Old 02-17-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I'm not gonna make a new thread just to show this, but I thought it was worth sharing. Old news coverage of Herschel Walker recruitment.
LOL 9.5 100 meter time. Fast as Bolt in High School, amazing.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh how my cuzzo was a specimen lol. Neat fact for you here Halsey. My mom said when Bama came to their high school to recruit Herschel, he got to go to Bama and go up in their famous tower with Bear Bryant. But, I'm pretty sure he already knew where he was gonna go; or atleast my family & all of Wrightsville knew where he was going. And lol at my mom saying he came along way from that slurry speech back then.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 02-17-2010 at 06:22 PM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Oh how my cuzzo was a specimen lol. Neat fact for you here Halsey. My mom said when Bama came to their high school to recruit Herschel, he got to go to Bama and go up in their famous tower with Bear Bryant. But, I'm pretty sure he already knew where he was gonna go; or atleast my family & all of Wrightsville knew where he was going. And lol at my mom saying he came along way from that slurry speech back then.
Your cousin is Herschel Walker?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's not 100% legitimate, but there's a poster on Iowa's rivals that is saying he is Bobek's dad. He said that his son isn't committing anytime soon.

This is what he said
Quote:
Yes, I'm dad. I played for three years at Iowa after juco. Came to Iowa as a walk-on under Cummings and Coach Fry gave me a scholarship. For whatever reason, Iowa has never contacted Brian and I didn't want to push him on them. I will be sending his film to Iowa today. We have the greatest love for the University of Iowa and respect for Coach Ferentz. Ohio State, though, has been recruiting Brian for a while and has demonstrated their belief in him as a player and person. Brian will not make a hasty decision as he will consider other schools that have been recruiting him and Iowa. I believe he is one of the best centers in the country, but now I can say that and people may agree. Probably wont post anymore. I love all Hawk fans. Well, most.
Take it for what it's worth, but the guy's name is jlbobek. It appears that both his mom and dad are Iowa alums and really want him to go to Iowa, but Iowa hasn't talked to him or offered yet.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Ridiculous. Mack Brown has the easiest job in the country.

"Hey kid, I'm offer..."

"I ACCEPT!"

Repeat 20-25 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat33 View Post
I hate Texas, they don't even have to recruit and finish with a top-5 class every year.

LOL. It reminds me of playing NCAA and recruiting with Texas, seems like a video game sometimes. That said though, until recently OU has kicked our ass in recruiting, not that they have just hauled in classes that stomped ours, but the elite guys they have notoriously gotten in the past 5 or so years, lately that has started to lean in our favor.

We have always been able to pull in solid classes, but OU has always found a way to come into Texas and steal the elite athletes away from us, I'm wondering how much Muschamp is involved with the recruiting process the past 2 years though and if that has anything to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Ok, but that doesn't answer why you think it should be illegal. I'm personally against a lot of things, that doesn't mean I think they should be illegal.
Illegal or against the rules? Are those 2 the same things? I think it should be illegal to be talking to kids who are 13 and verbally offering them, I don't think you should at least be able to discuss those things until HS. I mean, what happens when coaches start verbally offering guys when their 12 or 13 and by the time their 17 not interested anymore after the kid had spurned other schools under the impression he'd play there?

Plus if you can do that at 13, why stop there, why not start at age 10 to get the early jump when someone like Peyton Manning's son comes along. I don't even think coaches know what they want, or what their getting when a kid is that young, so I'd put a stop to it but I don't think it's hardly one of the worst things in CFB. I do think that there are things that are illegal that aren't even as big of a deal to me like you can't talk or meet with an agent until you officially declare for the draft.

I guess if you see this happening at the age of 13, when is too soon? We'll see someone get verbally offered before the age of 13 pretty soon no doubt about it, and with all the nit picky rules they have I don't see why you should be allowed to talk to kids who are barely teenagers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Your cousin is Herschel Walker?
Yessir. Only my 3rd cousin though, but my mom grew up and was raised with him with all of their siblings and other cousins.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 02-18-2010, 08:32 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
translated: I just wanted to make sure you all know I'm related to Herschel Walker. :p
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
CC
Veteran

CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
translated: I just wanted to make sure you all know I'm related to Herschel Walker. :p
I'm glad you translated that because I legitimately had no idea what he was talking about.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

hahahahah. my bad guys.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 02-19-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TE Eric MacLain decommits from Tennessee.

Facts aren't 100%, but apparently MacLain, who is reportedly around 6'5, 270 now, really wants to play TE and not OT. The staff hasn't contacted him since signing day two weeks ago, which has MacLain upset. I believe he still plans on attending UT's junior day though.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:15 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Karlos Williams commits to FSU at junior day this morning.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan got it's third commit today in MI WR Shawn Conway. He's a relative unknown because he only played in two games his freshman and sophomore years due to transfer. He must have really impressed the staff, considering that we are only going to take one or two receivers in this class. Scouting report sounds promising.

http://jimstefani.wordpress.com/2010...-shawn-conway/
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

LB Steve Edmond commits to Texas
Old 02-23-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

auburn is in good shape early on to land the better of prospects from alabama.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote