Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

View Poll Results: Who do you want to lead the Skins in 2010?
Zorn 2 8.70%
Cowher 3 13.04%
Holmgrem 0 0%
Gruden 5 21.74%
Shanahan 8 34.78%
Other 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Head Coach of the 2010 Redskins

I think its clear Zorn is in over his head here. Too much too soon. Personally, I voted for Gruden because I think he could be a long term answer. Cowher would be my second choice and then probably Shanahan third.

Last edited by DiG : 09-17-2009 at 05:59 PM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I voted for Cowher. I'm no fan of Gruden, I think he is horribly overrated and doesn't develop QBs as much as collect them. Shanahan is good for offense but has had some pathetic defenses during his tenure. Holmgren is getting older and may have lost the fire.

Cowher has his drawbacks but might inspire the overpaid bums on this team to live up to their talent.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys got Cowher, your defense would be great. Probably run a mix 4-3/3-4. Haynesworth and Osackpo would be looking great

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i voted zorn cause i still believe in the team to do good this year and he will stay and campbell will get offered a super contract and be in the same offense for 3 years!

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Last edited by critesy : 09-18-2009 at 01:40 PM.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Billick wouldn't be a bad choice...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Pick your poison;

Zorn has never been an offensive co-ordinator and sometimes it shows.It is looking like he cannot develop campbell so both should be gone in2010.

Snyder is looking for an offensive guy to spark some life into his team,which might explain why he left gregg williams/spagnuolo/schwartz and meeks on the bench.

Shanahan is my bet, but i dont rate him highly as without elway and terrelle davis what did he achieve when he got g.m. duties.One thing is he has never had a defense in denver as solid as ours.But coaching in the afc west is a cakewalk compared to the brutal nfc east!

Cowher has been approached before and turned us down,why go back to him?
He would take less dollars to coach carolina panthers.
A defensive guy(help from dick lebeau)what could he do for our offense?

Gruden could be interesting as he tends to have feuds with his players but have we come so low that we have to employ ex raider coaches?

Hey,we got Gibbs from the san diego chargers why dont we get their current coach as they have a potent offense.
O..............
Maybe not.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyskins View Post

Gruden could be interesting as he tends to have feuds with his players but have we come so low that we have to employ ex raider coaches?
its low because hes an ex raider coach? he won two straight division titles and went to the afc championship with the raiders. hes also a super bowl winner. he had a lot of ups and downs in tampa. 3 division titles and a super bowl victory to go along with 3 years under .500 and 2 decent 9-7 seasons of which the Bucs suffered some serious injuries.

im not saying that gruden is the answer but its definitely an intriguing scenario. we could continue to build on the west coast offense and bring in a guy like pennington that knows scheme. draft a QB/OT combo in the first and second round and let the rookie and brennan battle it out behind pennington for the future.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Fox might get fired... Del Rio too.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
John Fox might get fired... Del Rio too.
I'm not really a fan of either as a HC.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:02 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I'd say other. Not sure who though.

I wouldn't want any of those guys. I just don't see them coming into Washington and winning. Could any of their egos be subsided by Snyder? Probably not.

I say keep Zorn, see what he's got for this year. It's too early to write him off yet.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sources: Gruden atop Snyder's wish list

I found this to be the best/worst part:

Quote:
Snyder is seeking is a candidate willing to leave major personnel decisions to Cerrato and the owner.
= FAIL
Old 10-13-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sigh...that quote from Geo is just well...FAIL

Ladies and Gentleman introducing the most hopeless franchise in football...YOUR WASHINGTON REDSKINS
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:15 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

some guy over at extremeskins posted this about gruden and it had me rolling so i thought id share:

"Gruden really talks this way ALL THE TIME, doesn't he?

Can you imagine going to dinner with this guy?

LKB: Hey, Jon. Want to go to Olive Garden tonight?

JG: Let me tell you something, Olive Garden is right at the top of the list of places that I like to eat. They can flat-out make pasta. And those breadsticks can be served to me at any time.

LKB: Um...ok...if not there, maybe Fridays?

JG: Now Friday's is a place that I just love to eat. They serve food with intensity there. They make it happen every time they come to your table. And those servers give 110 percent all the time. And you gotta love the flair.

LKB: I have a headache. Do you think you can tone it down a bit?

JG: Let me tell you something. When I have a headache, for me, it's Aleve. Aleve never lets me down. It's got intensity. It's got heart.

LKB: I gotta go."
Old 10-16-2009, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet it will be Shanahan.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:28 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I bet it will be Shanahan.
im pulling for gruden but i can just as equally see shanahan. snyders redskin one private jet was tracked earlier this week to tampa and back. if you watched usf vs cinci last night youll know who was in tampa this week...only way holmgren comes in is if zorn stays on somehow in some form. i just cant see holmgren taking over if zorn gets the can. word is they are too good of friends.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it will be Shanahan, not unless Snyder gives up personnel control. Shanahan is going to stand firm on that, after having had what he had in Denver for all those years, when his previous head coaching tenure in Oakland obviously didn't last anywhere near that long nor was anywhere near as enjoyable.

Especially when Pat Bowlen still owes him $20M for the three years left remaining on the contract, after firing him following the 2008 season.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Redskins Insider today posted that when asked about the skins decision to strip playcalling duties form Zorn, Holmgren said he thought it was very unfair to put him in that position.

"The position they put him in, it shouldnt happen. You can be upset with me as a play call or how the teams doing, then fire me. But don't do that. Dont pull the rug out form under me, tie my hands, make me look foolish, take away what I came there to do in the first place. Dont do that"

"That bothered me alot." Holmgren said. "Jim Zorn is one of the nicest people. Im a nice guy, but Im not that nice. What they did, I did not like it at all."

well i guess there goes Holmgren from the potential list of coaches...come on gruden!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
Redskins Insider today posted that when asked about the skins decision to strip playcalling duties form Zorn, Holmgren said he thought it was very unfair to put him in that position.

"The position they put him in, it shouldnt happen. You can be upset with me as a play call or how the teams doing, then fire me. But don't do that. Dont pull the rug out form under me, tie my hands, make me look foolish, take away what I came there to do in the first place. Dont do that"

"That bothered me alot." Holmgren said. "Jim Zorn is one of the nicest people. Im a nice guy, but Im not that nice. What they did, I did not like it at all."

well i guess there goes Holmgren from the potential list of coaches...come on gruden!
Gruden said essentially the same thing on MNF against the Eagles. Don't have a quote, but I remember something along those lines. Who would want to deal with Snyder's crap?
Old 11-19-2009, 09:18 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Im hoping that the Bills come to an agreement with Shanahan. Although Id like Cohwer, I dont think he would come here with Dan and I dont want to switch to a 3-4. Gruden looks like hes going to stick to broadcasting (ill believe it when i see it but lets just say he does). Holmgren is unlikely due to his relationship with Zorn. So for me, that leaves my two favorite options.

One option would be Brian Billick. I like this option a lot. I like Billicks attitude as a coach. Hes a proven winner and still relatively young. If Snyder wants a vet coach than I am pulling for Billick or Gruden.

The other option that I am hoping for is bringing in a GM and what I call "tomorrows" head coach. A younger candidate thats put together a good resume, a strong tack record, and is tough. My personal favorite combo would be Chris Polian and Jim Harbaugh.

Other Potential GMs I like are Eric DeCosta and Morroco Brown. Other potential coaches I like would be Leslie Frazier and maybe even Danny Smith.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:43 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Harbaugh idea, hadn't thought of that. It seems that he likes where he is at Stanford now.

However, Snyder's cash can certainly have an effect on anyone.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:15 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
I like the Harbaugh idea, hadn't thought of that. It seems that he likes where he is at Stanford now.

However, Snyder's cash can certainly have an effect on anyone.
Yea I know Harbaugh interviewed last year for HC spot with the Jets so Im sure hes interested and if we offered him the right money and had hired a quality GM I think hed bite.

I salivate thinking about the idea of Polian, Harbough, and drafting Andrew Luck.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Yea I'd be down for Harbaugh, he seems like a fiery type head coach, which is what we need.

Plus his brother would just be down the street. Beltway Harbaugh battle.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Quote:
Yea I know Harbaugh interviewed last year for HC spot with the Jets so Im sure hes interested and if we offered him the right money and had hired a quality GM I think hed bite.

I salivate thinking about the idea of Polian, Harbough, and drafting Andrew Luck.
I think Zorn has screwed up any chance of boydanny taking a chance on a young G.M./Coach combo.
Snyder has rightly taken so much flak this year.
His track record is he needs a big name to hide behind-see marty/Gibbs/Spurrier(a college legend) and attempts to get Cowher and Shanny.

Our only hope is the new head coach brings in a brilliant mind to be our G.M. and vinny of course is canned.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

looks like jerry gray is the front runner for the memphis job. i know hes been rumored in the past as a candidate for various jobs but looks like this could be one that he finally takes. i always like gray but im also not happy with where our secondary is now. with that said i think hes a good coach.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:01 AM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.

I voted for Gruden since Cowher doesnt want the job. Cowher would be my first choice but since he doesnt want to be here I went with Chucky.

Quote:

Is Andrew Luck available for the 2010 Draft? I thought he was a freshman.
BleedBurgundy96 is offline   Reply With Quote