Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-04-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan
Default Demar Dorsey?

What happened to him? At the Game in St. Pete he was pretty much a lock for Florida? But he signed with Michigan....pretty strange.

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
GatorsBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His cousin is Denard Robinson whose going to Michigan. Recruited him pretty hard.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
What happened to him? At the Game in St. Pete he was pretty much a lock for Florida? But he signed with Michigan....pretty strange.
After Charlie Strong and Vance Bedford left Florida Dorsey started looking around. Rumor has it that Florida pulled his scholarship but Demar denies it saying that they were recruiting him up until signing day. Either way, it seems like he wasn't happy that his defensive coordinator and main recruiter left. He visited U-M and loved it. Like BC said, Denard Robinson did a great job recruiting him to Michigan.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:36 AM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

False.

Look at his arrests. UF stopped recruiting him because of them. Wish him the best at UMich. Kid is a definate baller.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoyNamedSuh View Post
False.

Look at his arrests. UF stopped recruiting him because of them.
That makes no ******* sense. The kid committed to Florida after his arrests, was with Florida for over a year, and all of a sudden they dropped him? Right, I'm sure Meyer accepted a verbal from a kid without knowing that he had been accused of two felonies. Sure, that makes a lot of sense.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
False.

Look at his arrests. UF stopped recruiting him because of them. Wish him the best at UMich. Kid is a definate baller.
Well until I am provided with proof that Florida stopped recruiting him, I am going to believe someone directly involved in the situation (Dorsey) before I believe someone who posts on an internet message board that in all likelihood has no first hand knowledge of the situation.

The "Florida stopped recruiting Dorsey" rumors change every other week. First he doesn't have the grades to get into Florida, which was obvious ********. Then when those rumors were all but disproved, Florida suddenly pulled his scholarship because he was taking visits. That one floated around for some time until Rodriguez was asked about his arrest. Now suddenly they stopped recruiting him because of his arrests? Get real, what's the next excuse going to be?

Like Sniper said, I cannot believe some guys on an internet message board and a "news" reporter from Michigan can find out about Dorsey's past run-ins with the law in ten minutes or less, but it took Urban Meyer many months to find that out. I find it far more likely that Dorsey noticed all the defensive backs that Florida was bringing in and decided that he didn't want to get lost in the shuffle.

Don't sit here and call a 17 year old kid a liar and then only post internet speculation. That's just not fair to him.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

Fellas, he is a minor when these arrests (felonies) happened. Pretty sure those records are sealed since he was a minor.

With leading the country in arrests as a program, I doubt Meyer wanted the kid after those records were made public, eventhough the kid is a bonafide stud.

Why is that so impossible to believe?

What is hard to believe, is a kid commmited to UF having second thoughts after being a verbal for so long because he noticed that UF was recruiting all these DBsall of the sudden? Right. Pretty sure that he knew who UF was after and how many DBs they were focusing on.

Where are your quotes from the kid, P-L?
Old 02-12-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'd been a soft verbal for about his whole commitment, and we mainly stopped because we didn't want to deal with his **** taking late visits. If we could have had him, we'd have taken him.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Well until I am provided with proof that Florida stopped recruiting him, I am going to believe someone directly involved in the situation (Dorsey) before I believe someone who posts on an internet message board that in all likelihood has no first hand knowledge of the situation.

The "Florida stopped recruiting Dorsey" rumors change every other week. First he doesn't have the grades to get into Florida, which was obvious ********. Then when those rumors were all but disproved, Florida suddenly pulled his scholarship because he was taking visits. That one floated around for some time until Rodriguez was asked about his arrest. Now suddenly they stopped recruiting him because of his arrests? Get real, what's the next excuse going to be?

Like Sniper said, I cannot believe some guys on an internet message board and a "news" reporter from Michigan can find out about Dorsey's past run-ins with the law in ten minutes or less, but it took Urban Meyer many months to find that out. I find it far more likely that Dorsey noticed all the defensive backs that Florida was bringing in and decided that he didn't want to get lost in the shuffle.

Don't sit here and call a 17 year old kid a liar and then only post internet speculation. That's just not fair to him.
eh......I'm not really concerned with being fair to a kid who thinks it's a good idea to rob people. I don't know what the truth is, and I don't really have an opinion on it.....but who really cares about being fair to a kid who has proven more than once to be a punk.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

Quote:
I am stunned -- given his past and given my long tenure covering recruiting -- that U-M signed him. I cannot recall a high-profile prep athlete in this state who had so many known run-ins with the law.

Dorsey admitted to police that he participated in two burglaries. He was charged in another burglary and with robbery with a deadly weapon. In at least one instance he said he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Being in the Ninth Ward in New Orleans when Hurricane Katrina hits is being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Dorsey chose to be in that PT Cruiser at 3:16 a.m. with his friends, two pellet guns and pepper spray. Dorsey chose to skip school to be in that Honda Civic with his friends and their burglary tools.

Some U-M fans have chosen to label his actions as youthful indiscretions. A youthful indiscretion is stealing a pop from a convenience store. We are talking about serious, premeditated crimes. Dorsey and his crowd broke into homes and stole a flat-screen television set and a laptop computer.

If they broke into your home and stole your TV would you call it a youthful indiscretion?

That he wore his football gloves so he wouldn't leave fingerprints and that one of his accomplices had a window punch leads me to believe that his friends are fans of "CSI" or might have done this more than a time or two.

Twice charged with burglaries in 2007, Dorsey twice was sent to alternative programs for juveniles, rather than face convictions and a criminal record. He was acquitted at trial on the robbery with a deadly weapon charge. Dorsey and his prep coach insisted he learned from these mistakes and became a better person.

Still, after all my years of covering high schools, I am most troubled by Dorsey's home life.

Unlike so many kids I have covered, Dorsey is fortunate enough to have a mother and a father at home. His repeated actions show a complete lack of respect for the most important authority figures in his life.

I have found over and over that if a high-profile kid doesn't respect his parents, who will he respect?

Over the years U-M justifiably has taken chances on kids it has signed to scholarships. But those kids were academic risks. Never has U-M brought in a prospect with the baggage Dorsey will bring to U-M.

U-M fans argue that everyone deserves a second chance and I couldn't agree more, even though this may be a third or fourth chance for Dorsey.

And if Dorsey believes it would be best to come to Michigan to get away from his past in Lauderdale Lakes, then I am all for it. I have seen plenty of athletes escape challenging circumstances and go on to thrive.

But before Dorsey sets foot in Ann Arbor he should spend two years at Grand Rapids Community College. That is where he should prove that his problems truly are in the past and he is worthy of playing at a school like U-M.

So what if dozens of big-time schools, at least, also were prepared to sign Dorsey. Since when did U-M settle to be like everyone else?

U-M has given us wonderful young men I have covered in high school: Tyrone Wheatley, LaMarr Woodley, Rick Hewlett, Ron Simpkins, John Wangler, Stan Edwards, Mike Jolly, Brandon Graham and countless others.

Some U-M fans I know wonder why there is so much concern over Dorsey's signing.

My question to them is simple: What would be their reaction if Dorsey had signed with Michigan State?

That's what I thought.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010021...ge-with-Dorsey

I think P-L is letting his Maize and Blue homer side show.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does that prove that Florida stopped recruiting him?
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

Didn't post it as cold hard proof that they stopped recruiting him.

Just wanted people to see that what DD did was some pretty serious crimes.

Coupled with the fact that UF is probably leading the NCAA in arrests since Meyer got there AND that DD was still taking officials, you can see this supports me saying that they stopped recruiting him.

Seriously doubt you will find any quotes from the UF staff saying they stopped recruiting DD.

There is a quote from DD as late as the week before NSD that he had only spoken to Coach Meyer once in the whole week before.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Spartan4224
Rookie

Spartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
That makes no ******* sense. The kid committed to Florida after his arrests, was with Florida for over a year, and all of a sudden they dropped him? Right, I'm sure Meyer accepted a verbal from a kid without knowing that he had been accused of two felonies. Sure, that makes a lot of sense.
Accused of FOUR Felonies and Charged with TWO Felonies
Spartan4224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Spartan4224
Rookie

Spartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:

Thanks for that article. I hadn't seen that one before, but I agree with everything that was said... 100%
Spartan4224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:24 AM    (permalink
MiWolves
Rookie

MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow why didn't you guys just leave it to die in the big 10 thread..
MiWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Right, because we all know the Detroit Free Press is the most accurate place to go to for UM news. No spin at the FreeP at all. This is the same newspaper that twisted MSU's student beatdown as "an altercation", that admitted that they led a freshman on with their questions without letting him know the purpose of their piece, and that still continues to employ Drew Sharp. Excuse me if I don't take the Free Piece of **** seriously. Next time, you might as well quote the Ohio State student newspaper or the Lansing State Journal.

Last edited by Sniper : 02-13-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
eh......I'm not really concerned with being fair to a kid who thinks it's a good idea to rob people. I don't know what the truth is, and I don't really have an opinion on it.....but who really cares about being fair to a kid who has proven more than once to be a punk.
But you're cool with taking a running back who was convicted of a felony because damn it, 4.3 speed doesn't come around too often. Got it, thanks. Good to know Jamaal Berry and the Ohio State Buckeyes are just that much better people than everyone else. But hey, it's cool. Everyone murders people, so really, drug dealing is pretty weak sauce compared to murder.

The Detroit Free Press didn't have a problem with Glenn Winston returning to Michigan State's team after Winston had an average summer. You know, spending the entire summer in jail is pretty commonplace amongst Division I football players. Shockingly, Michael Rosenberg, he of the esteemed and balanced Free Press, felt compelled to write an article defending Winston's return to the field, because damn it, Mark Dantonio can't be expected to start the season with two true freshman running backs, so really, we can overlook that little jail stint.

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:... ct=clnk&gl=us

Quote:
Originally Posted by FP Headline
Legal strategy at issue in Michigan State altercation
http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1024510

Quote:
Dell Sr. said his son did not participate in violence at Rather Hall. He, however, did say his son initially lied to coach Mark Dantonio about his presence there.

"I said, 'Man, why didn't you just tell the truth and say you were there and didn't participate in any of the physical stuff?' " Dell Sr. said. "He said: 'I don't know. I should have just told the truth.' "

According to Dell Sr., all the suspended players initially lied to Dantonio.

Hmm. So the players did nothing wrong, but they decided to lie about it? Even if that's true, doesn't it raise the possibility that they're lying to their parents, too?

The Free Press does not raise the possibility. Nor does it appear to have spoken to either the alleged victims or their lawyer. Contrast this with the reporting about Michigan, which relied upon anonymous quotes whose meaning depended upon context provided by the reporter.
Right, the parents of the players are certainly a terrific source of accuracy and non-bias.

The players did nothing wrong, but...

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index....unningham.html

Quote:
B.J. Cunningham and Mark Dell, Michigan State's top two returning wide receivers, were the latest to appear in court on charges stemming from a Nov. 22 fight between football players and members of the Iota Phi Theta fraternity.

Cunningham and Dell each pleaded guilty to one count of misdemeanor assault and battery in East Lansing district court Wednesday.
Right, did nothing wrong. Okay.

I'm sure Spartan will have something to say about this. LOLZ SCUM FELONIEZ SCUM SCUM I'M AT LEAST 25 YEARS OLD AND STILL THINK SCUM IS FUNNY LOLZZZZZZZZZ Luckily, the ignore feature is doing its job.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we just let this die? To help, here's some pictures of cats and stuff:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Last edited by ironman4579 : 02-13-2010 at 10:49 AM.
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol free press. here's a direct quote from an email free press writer Drew Sharp sent to a wolverine fan on another message board:

Quote:
"HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!
I keep hearing from all of you journalistic critics about how were slime and irresponsible. But no one has had the balls to back up their juvenile idoicy with what inaccuracies we reported.
Hmmmmmm, I wonder why?
Is it because everything we reported is true? Like I said before - you UM fans are basically morons. You have your excuses because you're basically pathetic little wretches who only want to hear news? that makes you better about your hopeless lives.
I'll stick with reporting the truth.
You guys make me laugh!"
Unbiased reporting at its finest.
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:21 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But you're cool with taking a running back who was convicted of a felony because damn it, 4.3 speed doesn't come around too often. Got it, thanks. Good to know Jamaal Berry and the Ohio State Buckeyes are just that much better people than everyone else. But hey, it's cool. Everyone murders people, so really, drug dealing is pretty weak sauce compared to murder.
woah there spaz.....why don't you settle down a bit?

first of all, nobody is really talking about Jamaal Berry. if you want to bring him up to deflect from the negativity towards Michigan....go for it, but that's stupid.

if you would like to talk about Jamaal Berry, then fine. he got busted for buying weed. stupid decision. not nearly as stupid as repeatedly robbing people, but a stupid decision. guess what.....I'm not really concerned with being fair to him either. that's because I'm not a hypocrite. you can go back and read what I wrote about your precious criminal DB. all I said was, I'm not really concerned with what's fair for him. he broke into peoples houses with weapons and stole things from them. he loses the right to have people defend him and say stuff like "That's just not fair to him." You know what's not fair? having your things stolen out of your house by a group of thug kids with weapons.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
XLIV
Rookie

XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Demar Dorsey's Michigan career ended before it began, as his father tells Angelique Chengelis of the Detroit News that Dorsey has been given his release and is now looking at other schools. Chengelis also tweets: "Am told by someone who would know that Rich Rodriguez is furious about the Demar Dorsey situation."
Quote:
Gene Hankerson of Scout.com says that Arkansas, West Virginia, Tennessee, Southern California, Louisville, LSU and Miami are expected to have interest in Dorsey.
the situation just got a little stranger
XLIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLIV View Post
the situation just got a little stranger
Basically, the rumor is that Rod was promised by someone in admissions or the AD that as long as Dorsey reached NCAA minimum levels, he'd be accepted. Dorsey then signed his LOI etc. Then admissions put the stop sign up because while he had reached the NCAA level he didn't meet "Michigan" standards. This would explain why Rod would be so furious. On the other hand, if Dorsey doesn't end up at another D-1 program, he obviously wasn't qualified at all.

I will say though, if Dorsey does end up at another D-1 school, ie. FSU, I'll be mighty pissed off, as it will be a clear example of Michigan hamstringing itself and missing on a potential star because of some perceived higher standard at Michigan. There's already an example of it with '09 recruit Adrian Witty, as he was denied by Michigan admissions but ended up at Cincinnati. It's the reason why Notre Dame, and unfortunately for myself and other Michigan fans, Michigan, are becoming less and less relevant in college football every year and have to rely on their "tradition.

Quote:

Old 06-09-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

FSU said they're not interested.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
FSU said they're not interested.
Ok. but the point remains that if he ends up at another D-1 school it's still kind of a case of admissions being assholes.

Quote:

Old 06-09-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dorsey was a soft verbal from the get go, we had a ton of db talent ready to sign on NSD, so we backed off a little bit. uf wanted dorsey all the way, but meyer wasn't about to waste his time with one kid when he has another ten lined up for his spot and that time can be better used elsewhere.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote