Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 02-05-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Exclamation Oakland University basketball discussion

My fellow Lions fans,

I am not above a little shameless self-promotion in this instance. I've recently been given an opportunity to blog for MLive.com about my school, Oakland University.

http://blog.mlive.com/golden_grizzlies_den/index.html

I would really appreciate it if you guys would check out my blog on occasion. If you're a fan of college basketball, I like to think you'll find it a little interesting. You could probably learn a lot as well. Oakland's team looks destined for a March Madness appearance this season.

Check it out (or don't). But I wish you would.

Thank you.

X

Last edited by Xiomera : 02-05-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:55 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pimp and support fellow Lions fans. Hopefully I'll see Oakland in action during March Madness in Syracuse this year.

I was at the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 in Boston this past year, and to say that it was off the hook would be an understatement.

Nice blog, +rep my friend

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is sickkk, congrats man. I'll favorite the site, but if you wouldn't mind maybe post in this thread everytime you write an article and then I won't miss any.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks guys.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Thanks guys.
I'll check it out but I doubt I'll find it very informative since I hardly know anything at all about college basketball :(.

Still congrats on the gig, well played sir.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not to be weird but i was kinda hoping you were a chick

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
not to be weird but i was kinda hoping you were a chick
What? .....
Old 02-05-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just being disturbing and remembering a random post for like a year ago

sorry i have no inner monologue even when typing.

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 02-06-2010 at 07:09 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Updated it today.

Read it, or just click on it and say you read it. Either way is fine.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Am I the only OU follower/fan/student on the forums?

Read my blog, or just click on it and pretend you did.

http://blog.mlive.com/golden_grizzli...dsu_feb18.html
Old 02-19-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Am I the only OU follower/fan/student on the forums?

Read my blog, or just click on it and pretend you did.

http://blog.mlive.com/golden_grizzli...dsu_feb18.html
That's neato ba deeto!!!! Nah, for real... that's tight Xio.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's neato ba deeto!!!! Nah, for real... that's tight Xio.
Thanks senor.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is the most shameless shameless self promotion I have ever seen.

Well played, sir.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
this is the most shameless shameless self promotion I have ever seen.

Well played, sir.
That's the idea. But I am doing you all a service by informing you of the team that'll be a bracket-buster come March Madness. If they win their conference as expected, the Grizzlies will be a 13 seed really at worst. OU is legit.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

Nice Blog and at least we know your real name......Dan.

"We got our Schwartz tangled"
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by detknowitall View Post
Nice Blog and at least we know your real name......Dan.
Corey and Nick always refer to me only as Dan.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

joe lunardi's current bracketology has them going against georgetown. most smaller schools lack bigs. can they stop greg monroe? can they reign 3s to beat better teams?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-19-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
joe lunardi's current bracketology has them going against georgetown. most smaller schools lack bigs. can they stop greg monroe? can they reign 3s to beat better teams?
OU has big men. Keith Benson is an NBA caliber player. He was being projected as a first round pick by some reputable draft sites (don't laugh, its true). He's 6-11. We've also got Will Hudson at 6-9 and a 7-foot Serbian off the bench just in case.

Oakland has the right combination to be an upset team: Veteran, 4-year starting point guard in Johnathon Jones (led the NATION in APG last year), a legit big man (Benson), and great depth. Also a veteran coach in Greg Kampe who has been there for 26 years.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

i was just checking them out on espn.com. nice shooters, benson is ridiculously productive, and yeah a nice matchup against anybody. they have an absolutely amazing nonconference schedule. memphis, kansas, syracuse, michigan st, and wisconsin. i'd still like to have seen them win one of those games before i write them in over a 3 type seed. i want to see them destroy ipfw though. i had a friend who used to play for them.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-19-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
i was just checking them out on espn.com. nice shooters, benson is ridiculously productive, and yeah a nice matchup against anybody. they have an absolutely amazing nonconference schedule. memphis, kansas, syracuse, michigan st, and wisconsin. i'd still like to have seen them win one of those games before i write them in over a 3 type seed. i want to see them destroy ipfw though. i had a friend who used to play for them.
They've come a long way since they played all those big games vs. top opponents. I'm not saying they'll pull an upset if they make the tourney, but they're one of the more likely 12-16 seeds to do it, IMO.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

In case any of you are interested, Oakland University's game is on FSN Detroit at 6 pm tonight. They're playing North Dakota State and when (not if) they win, they'll clinch the outright regular season championship for the Summit League.

Watch #34 Keith Benson and #23 Johnathon Jones. These guys are amazing.

Mario Impemba calls the game for FSN.

Extra incentive to watch: you'll be able to see me sitting at the scorers/media table. I know so many of you are dying to see the man, myth, legend that is Xio.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

jones looks pretty efficient and benson looks like hasheem thabeet.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/keith-benson

incase people were wondering about him.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-22-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

If any of you care, I wrote this in-depth player feature on Johnathon Jones earlier this month:

If he were a few inches taller and had more bulk, he'd probably have the talent to sniff the NBA.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Am I the only OU follower/fan/student on the forums
I drove by OU yesterday, does that count?

I watched the 1st half of their game against ND State the other day, but they didnt play very well. I saw they came back to win pretty big though.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Keith Benson went off tonight for a career-high 32 points to go with 10 rebounds and four blocks.

http://blog.mlive.com/golden_grizzli...pfw_feb27.html

Oakland finished 17-1 in conference and will be the No. 1 seed in next weekends conference tournament.

Read my story! Please . . .