Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 02-08-2010, 01:14 AM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.
Default Since Seattle has 2 1st Rounders...

Do you gents see them trying to trade with us so that Carroll can make a splash and nab Clausen at 3?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:56 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think it would cost seattle 2 1sts round picks to trade up to 3. However, it will cost them a 1st and 2nd round pick.

If the Seahawks are that interested in drafting Jimmy Clausen, they will be on the phone with Detroit and/or Tampa Bay if the Rams do take Suh.

However, if Detroit takes Okung or Berry at 2, then Tampa will not look to trade down as they will and should immediately run the card with Gerald McCoy's name on it.

If both Suh and McCoy go 1 and 2, then yes, i can see teams like Seattle, Buffalo trying to trade up for Clausen because Washington will take him. And, a darkhouse, (San Fransisco?) may look to get up and trade for Berry.

We honestly have to trade down in my opinion because we don't need Eric Berry because he have a pro bowl talented FS in Jackson, who i think is overlooked because he played on the 3-13 bucs last year.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bucs will not get both of Seattle's first round picks for the third overall pick. They could get the #6 pick and Seattle's second rounder at best.

If they were to trade with the Niners, they could get both of their first round picks, though.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd certainly settle for Seattle's 6th overall pick and their 2nd rounder.

It would enable us to grab whoever we deem best out of C.J. Spiller, Dez Bryant, Eric Berry, Derrick Morgan, Brian Price or a few other guys.

On a side note, I had a crazy dream about the draft last night where we took Jermaine Gresham with the #3 pick in the draft. :(

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

Caddy you got to remember what you ate last and never eat that again. lol

I have to stop posting after 11pm here on the West Coast. Sorry for the silly thread, fellas. Thanks for the responses, though.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

I can see Buffalo making a splash also, new coach and all... Swap 1st's grab their 2nd and 5th round picks... Hopefully a bidding war will start between Seattle and Buffalo, maybe we get something like Seattles 1st and 2nd round pick this year and next years 1st... Let's just hope Clausen blow's up at the combine....
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
On a side note, I had a crazy dream about the draft last night where we took Jermaine Gresham with the #3 pick in the draft. :(
Old 02-08-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoyNamedSuh View Post
Caddy you got to remember what you ate last and never eat that again. lol

I have to stop posting after 11pm here on the West Coast. Sorry for the silly thread, fellas. Thanks for the responses, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I'm sorry for scaring everyone with my horrible dream.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenny G:

Both Clausen and Bradford will not be throwing at the combine. Remember, Bradford is still rehabbing his surgically repaired shoulder and Clausen won't throw until his proday in March/April(whenever it is) because he had foot surgery a little over a month ago and said he won't throw at the combine.

But, their is enough game film on Clausen and I don't think he needs to throw at the combine because he was hyped up before his freshman season. He's the taller version of Drew Brees in my opinion.

But enough analysis, the only reason I want the bucs to trade down is if both Suh and McCoy go 1 and 2. Then, i'd say trade down to whoever has the better offer. Honestly, i thought about it and if seattle thinks that both 1st's may get them clausen they could, depending on how desperately they want Clausen (remember, Carrol tried wanted him at USC) because i think some teams in the top 15 may not want to settle for bradford.

I don't see Washington making a move to get Clausen because yes, if he's there, I think they take him, but they may be able to live with Jason Campbell and get him some o-line help. I think you can rule out St. Louis, only because I think Spags will take the best DT to come out in years.

So my main point is, and yes i think i got a bit off topic, there could be a bidding war between seattle and buffalo to move up to 3 if McCoy and Suh are off the board and dont rule out San Fran, who is looking for a playmaker in the secondary and may trade both 1sts for eric berry.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Seattle definitely won't be trading both first rounders to move up for Clausen now that their LT announced his retirement. We may be able to play a team against them to get a better deal, but there's virtually no chance we'll get both of their first rounders in a deal unless we pony up something else in addition to that 3rd overall pick.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

one of our 2nd rounders?
Old 02-09-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Like many have said I can't see Seattle giving up both of their first, but I'd take #6 and their second rounder to move down it the two DTs are off the board at #3. I think one of them will be there though.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:06 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Didn't realize Bradford and Clausen won't do the combine, that actually might be a good thing, look at what Tebow did to his stock at the SR. Bowl.... lol.. I do hope one of the QBs is a legit early draft prospect, only helps the Buc's out..
Old 02-10-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Actually, i was just watching the NFL Network, it seems like he may throw, but I know for sure Clausen won't because he wants to be at a full 100% and doesn';t want to rush.

Any how, the way im hearing from experts Mike Lombardi and Mike Mayock, their may not be a qb taken in the top 5, so Seattle may get its picking at 6 between Clausen and Bradford, unless Buffalo trades up with Tampa , assuming McCoy and Suh are gone.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Actually, i was just watching the NFL Network, it seems like he may throw, but I know for sure Clausen won't because he wants to be at a full 100% and doesn';t want to rush.

Any how, the way im hearing from experts Mike Lombardi and Mike Mayock, their may not be a qb taken in the top 5, so Seattle may get its picking at 6 between Clausen and Bradford, unless Buffalo trades up with Tampa , assuming McCoy and Suh are gone.
As Tampa Bay fans we better hope that Clausen and/or Bradford impress the hell out of scouts at their pro days/the combine if either of them decide to participate.

I still think there is a great chance that the Rams take a QB #1 which would just give us the freedom to take McCoy or Suh.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
As Tampa Bay fans we better hope that Clausen and/or Bradford impress the hell out of scouts at their pro days/the combine if either of them decide to participate.

I still think there is a great chance that the Rams take a QB #1 which would just give us the freedom to take McCoy or Suh.
Me too, but it just seems too much to hope for. As I understand it now, neither Bradford or Clausen are considered worthy of no.1, and like you say the chances diminish if they're not on every available stage to impress scouts between now and April. So what makes you think the Rams will take one?

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

FWIW the talk from the Seattle fans is they dont want the team to take a QB. Hasselbeck still has something left in the tank and the big fish in these parts is still in college (Jake Locker). Seattle has so many other needs that waiting a year on a QB is not a bad idea.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
FWIW the talk from the Seattle fans is they dont want the team to take a QB. Hasselbeck still has something left in the tank and the big fish in these parts is still in college (Jake Locker). Seattle has so many other needs that waiting a year on a QB is not a bad idea.
Problem is, there's no guarantee they'll get Locker in the 2011 draft. If they do use this draft to fix the other holes on the team, it's not entirely unlikely that they'll play themselves out of position for either Locker or Mallet.

The Seahawks do have some huge holes, but the quarterback position just really isn't a position where you can say "maybe we'll get one next year" when you really need one this year.

With all of that said, while I don't believe they'll trade up for Clausen or Bradford, I find it extremely difficult to believe that they'd pass on both in the first round. The best scenario for them would be to draft either of the quarterbacks and a left tackle and let said quarterback sit behind Hasselbeck for a year if he really does have anything left in the tank.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Problem is, there's no guarantee they'll get Locker in the 2011 draft. If they do use this draft to fix the other holes on the team, it's not entirely unlikely that they'll play themselves out of position for either Locker or Mallet.

The Seahawks do have some huge holes, but the quarterback position just really isn't a position where you can say "maybe we'll get one next year" when you really need one this year.

With all of that said, while I don't believe they'll trade up for Clausen or Bradford, I find it extremely difficult to believe that they'd pass on both in the first round. The best scenario for them would be to draft either of the quarterbacks and a left tackle and let said quarterback sit behind Hasselbeck for a year if he really does have anything left in the tank.
It's all speculation so i'm not going to disagree with you but i know Pete likes Locker and i dont know what he thinks of Clausen and Bradford. The glaring need is OT. Hasselbeck isnt that far removed from playing in the pro bowl so probably depends on what kind of tread is left on the tires there.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Babylon:

Pete Carrol tried very hard to recruit Jimmy Clausen to come to USC. I think he would love him as his QB and I think Clausen is the only QB in this draft that will be a franchise QB for some team.

On the subject of Jake Locker, he will not be a 1st round draft pick next year. He got a 2nd round grade from the board, that is why he returned to school. He saw that the so called "draft experts" Mel Kiper and Todd McShay had him going #1 in their mock drafts since October. His weaknesses will be exposed and honestly, if it werent for that pass that set up the game winning fg to beat USC(who was young and had a down year in 09), then we wouldn't be talking about him as a top 10 pick. He's a poor man's Tim Tebow (mechanically) and yes, Tim Tebow has a better chance at succeeding in the NFL as a QB than Locker.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Babylon:

Pete Carrol tried very hard to recruit Jimmy Clausen to come to USC. I think he would love him as his QB and I think Clausen is the only QB in this draft that will be a franchise QB for some team.

On the subject of Jake Locker, he will not be a 1st round draft pick next year. He got a 2nd round grade from the board, that is why he returned to school. He saw that the so called "draft experts" Mel Kiper and Todd McShay had him going #1 in their mock drafts since October. His weaknesses will be exposed and honestly, if it werent for that pass that set up the game winning fg to beat USC(who was young and had a down year in 09), then we wouldn't be talking about him as a top 10 pick. He's a poor man's Tim Tebow (mechanically) and yes, Tim Tebow has a better chance at succeeding in the NFL as a QB than Locker.
USC recruits every 5 star recruit out there, at the time he had Mark Sachez so i doubt he lost any sleep over not getting Clausen, you may be right they might take him there in Seattle but it wont be because he tried to recruit him out of HS.

As for your dislike for Jake Locker and any referance between him and Tim Tebow i think you're out on that limb by yourself. Locker actually takes snaps from center, quickly gets 5 and 7 step drops and has a near flawless delivery. He has zip on his deep passes and out throws and can run circles around Tim Tebow as far as mobility goes. doesnt have the whole Christian thing going like Tim but scouts will have to live with that i guess.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...n_and_sti.html

Well here's an interesting read. It seems the Rams thought about taking Sanchez last year and pending on how free agency goes and the Rams still don't have a QB, then the Rams mgiht check out Sam Bradford. Apparently what I got out of this article was that if Bradford's shoulder checks out fine and throws very well at his pro day, then their is a good chance the rams take him at #1. (apparently, they don't like Clausen as much as they like bradford because he fits their west coast offense). Definately going to keep my eye on this over the next few weeks.

And after this read, it appears both Clausen and Bradford will not throw at the combine.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

Quote:

Not to mention you got some teams probably willing to settle on Tony Pike, Colt McCoy, Lefevour, Snead ect. in the later rounds... Let's just hope Bradford/Clausen generate a lot of hype by playing well where ever they workout..

Last edited by KennyG : 02-10-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

And Babylon,

I just don't get how the board rated Locker as a 2nd round prospect in a weak draft class? I don't care what anyone says on his reasoning of coming back to school, if he is a sure fire top 10 pick in 2010 draft, then why would he risk losing the big money when there is a very good chance that the nfl has a rookie salary in 2011.

Also, locker has only been in a pro style offense for 1 season. He doesn't have tremendous arm strength like you think. Yes, i think he has a slightly better arm than sanchez, but I honestly think he is one of your boom or bust picks.

Here is a scouting report:

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=2390

The only credit i give him as, like Freeman, he hasn't really played with premeir talent, so he can be successful under the right circumstances, but from watching video, it seems like he has Jeff Garcia happy feet where he dances around in the pocket too much.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbucsfan View Post
Me too, but it just seems too much to hope for. As I understand it now, neither Bradford or Clausen are considered worthy of no.1, and like you say the chances diminish if they're not on every available stage to impress scouts between now and April. So what makes you think the Rams will take one?
The reason I think the Rams might take one is due to the pieces of **** they currently have at QB. Marc Bulger? really... That ship sailed years ago. Keith Null? Why is he on an NFL roster? Combine that with the fact they have invested in defensive lineman high in the draft twice in the last few years and I think you have a solid chance that they look for a franchise QB.