Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-17-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeffster FTMFW!

Yvonne is so booty full.

I love the episodes that are more individual type missions. They're a nice break nowadays and it takes me back to season 1 and parts of season 2.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay yay yay, Chuck returns at season high in the 18-49 demo. fapfapfap.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:25 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid episode.. not the best, not the worst, pretty fast paced for what was happening but the episode next week looks KILLER.

ps Sarah is gorgeous.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:57 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought tonight's episode was one of the best ones they've done in quite some time, I'd say its my favourite so far this season at the very least.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Solid episode.. not the best, not the worst, pretty fast paced for what was happening but the episode next week looks KILLER.

ps Sarah is gorgeous.
I actually like her WAY more as blonde. Not to say she isn't super hot with black hair, but it looks strange on her.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm not really into blondes but I like her more as a blonde too. Either way she is still gorgeous.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeffster with the classic child-birth anthem.

I've always wanted to do a rock version of that song.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Great episode, one of the best of the series and the last 10 minutes of this episode were probably the best 10 minutes of the series period.

As a shipper I'm happy at the ending, it's obvious what she said, so squee etc.

These next 11 episodes might be the last of the series, so enjoy it folks.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't you dare speak of such things sir.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chuck was absolutely spectacular this week. One of the best episodes in so so so long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Posted it in the music thread, but this song is amazing and after listening to it I realized how perfectly it fit with the mood of the last montage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Don't you dare speak of such things sir.
Chuck is my favorite show of all time so I don't want it to happen, but that doesn't mean I'm not worried.

I hope we get a 5th and final season (13 or 22 episodes, whatever) to wrap it all up and end it.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Great episode, one of the best of the series and the last 10 minutes of this episode were probably the best 10 minutes of the series period.

As a shipper I'm happy at the ending, it's obvious what she said, so squee etc.

Sounds like the ratings are pretty iffy. At least it won't be an outright cancel and they will have to debate it.

Very good episode though. I have to say, I really was expecting something to come up or screw over the sweet ending we got.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:21 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Chuck was absolutely spectacular this week. One of the best episodes in so so so long.
Absolutely an amazing episode. Sadly though I'm afraid it might be the high watermark as it felt like a series ender almost.

Amazing episode.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
Absolutely an amazing episode. Sadly though I'm afraid it might be the high watermark as it felt like a series ender almost.

Amazing episode.
It felt like a series ender because they were only slated for 13 episodes and the future, at the time, was unclear. After they wrapped the first 13 they were given an additional 11 episodes. Fedak and Schwartz said that this episode would feel "epic" compared to the others, but they also said recently in an interview that the actual season finale of s4 will be even better.

I can't wait. :)

Old 02-02-2011, 03:59 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I have a hard time believing they'll top that and we'll look back and say that it should have been the series finale. I'd love to be proven wrong though or for them to come up with something good enough to keep it going longer.

That being said I still think the Volkoff story line was weaker than other earlier ones with the only redeeming thing about it being rescuing his mom. I don't think they could have played with the Volkoff situation for as long without Sarah forcing it. He was kinda boring and didn't really involve that much "intersecting" or bad assery from Casey, Sarah or anyone.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:08 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Vox. I find it hard to think that the whole show could actually end any better than that.

I hate to say it but that was just the absolute perfect ending that the show has spent 4 years building towards and I just have a feeling that from here on out it is going to kind of feel a bit forced.

That said, I guess that if it does end for good at the end of the season that the wedding could be just as good a send off and really I think it's the only logical way to end after this episode.

Chuck is probably my favourite show ever so I feel dirty saying it, but I almost feel they should end it this season so that it doesn't get tarnished at all for what it is, which to quote one of the best characters ever is just pure "awesome".

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm going to disagree, I like LESS intersecting from Chuck. The show we fell in love with was about Chuck, a 20 something nerd thrust into an impossible situation and him dealing with it the best way he could. It wasn't about Charles Carmichael, badass superspy who could do it all. As shown for most of this season, Chuck can still get the job done without the intersect.

For example, I love how he handled the Volkoff situation in this last episode. He came up with a plan and he pulled it off without the intersect. He was just Chuck. And that's something I think the show has been sorely missing. Let Sarah and Casey be the badasses who kick ass and take names and let Chuck be Chuck. The show will be better for it.

I'm going to disagree again about Volkoff also. I think he was one of the best villians this show has ever had. It was a hell of a lot better than The Ring.. at least there was a face to go with the evil this time. Plus, you can't deny that TDalt is a pure badass no matter what he does.

Chuck is my favorite show of all time too, and I'm not ready for it to end. That said, I DO want it to bow out gracefully and while the show is still as amazing as it is rather than watch it be mediocre and decline until it has to be put out of its misery, but I'm not sure that'll happen. I trust Schwartz and Fedak to continue to deliver a smart, funny, baddass, action-packed and engaging show until there is no story left to tell. I just hope that it isn't soon. I'm not ready for it to go.

edit: Joshua Gomez tweeted this video and I thought it was kind of cool:

Last edited by vidae : 02-02-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm going to disagree, I like LESS intersecting from Chuck. The show we fell in love with was about Chuck, a 20 something nerd thrust into an impossible situation and him dealing with it the best way he could. It wasn't about Charles Carmichael, badass superspy who could do it all. As shown for most of this season, Chuck can still get the job done without the intersect.

For example, I love how he handled the Volkoff situation in this last episode. He came up with a plan and he pulled it off without the intersect. He was just Chuck. And that's something I think the show has been sorely missing. Let Sarah and Casey be the badasses who kick ass and take names and let Chuck be Chuck. The show will be better for it.

I'm going to disagree again about Volkoff also. I think he was one of the best villians this show has ever had. It was a hell of a lot better than The Ring.. at least there was a face to go with the evil this time. Plus, you can't deny that TDalt is a pure badass no matter what he does.

Chuck is my favorite show of all time too, and I'm not ready for it to end. That said, I DO want it to bow out gracefully and while the show is still as amazing as it is rather than watch it be mediocre and decline until it has to be put out of its misery, but I'm not sure that'll happen. I trust Schwartz and Fedak to continue to deliver a smart, funny, baddass, action-packed and engaging show until there is no story left to tell. I just hope that it isn't soon. I'm not ready for it to go.

edit: Joshua Gomez tweeted this video and I thought it was kind of cool:

I don't know, I kind of don't like Chuck as much now that he isn't so insecure about everything he does and actually has confidence in himself. I guess thats just because I could selfishly relate with him more earlier in the series though and I personally thought it was more fun when he was hiding the fact that he was a spy from literally everyone he knew. I love the show, I don't think its close to my favourite of all time though. Give me Breaking Bad, Psych and Mad Men before it probably and put it on par with a list of like, 10 other shows I don't feel like naming off the top of my head.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

That's what I'm saying.. I like Chuck, not Charles Carmichael, so I'm glad he was kind of nerdy the last few episodes. It reminded me of a simpler time!

Old 02-04-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I don't mind Chuck having the intersect and such. In fact, I like it. The thing I don't like is how they've seemingly gone away from the Buy More and a lot of the supporting cast. Big Mike, Jeffster, and even Ellie/Awesome to some extent.

They really need to get back to including them into the show, not just giving them a couple scenes now and then.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I don't mind Chuck having the intersect and such. In fact, I like it. The thing I don't like is how they've seemingly gone away from the Buy More and a lot of the supporting cast. Big Mike, Jeffster, and even Ellie/Awesome to some extent.

They really need to get back to including them into the show, not just giving them a couple scenes now and then.
Agreed. Those roots made the show great.

So is Casey the only one who doesn't have a lover? Also, I'm feeling this direction of finding out more about Sarah Walker's past.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:17 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im pretty sure I jizzed in my pants when Sarah came out in the belly dancing outfit. May have been her hottest moment on Chuck. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo w.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:58 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Im pretty sure I jizzed in my pants when Sarah came out in the belly dancing outfit. May have been her hottest moment on Chuck. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo w.
Check the avatar.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This deserves to be posted on every relevant thread:

O.M.F.G.

**** you Comcast!

Comcast, who recently acquired NBC Universal (or became majority shareholder or whatever) has decided to cancel multiple shows, effectively making this upcoming season (2011-2012) the last one. Included in those shows-to-be cancelled are:

- 30 Rock
- Community

- Chuck
- America's Got Talent
- Minute to Win It

Seriously Comcast?!?

http://www.redesign.rumormiller.com/...cels-30-rock-1

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I posted this in the Community thread:

That is just rumor. There is nothing on any reputable site I check for TV news that has anything like this.