Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 01-15-2010, 10:11 AM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Vick to the Rams is getting some legs...

Per Rotoworld on 1/15/2010:

Beat writer Jim Thomas expects the Rams' brass to discuss the possibility of signing or trading for Michael Vick in next week's organizational meetings.

GM Billy Devaney worked with Vick in Atlanta and even visited him in prison. Coach Steve Spagnuolo and OC Pat Shurmur are tight with Eagles coach Andy Reid, who has spoken in glowing terms about the "changes" Vick has made in his life. The Rams desperately need a QB, and Vick would be a good fit in the Edward Jones Dome. Using a late round pick to reel in a QB would allow the Rams to select Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh with the No. 1 pick.
Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Related: Rams

MY VIEW:
I like the idea of signing Vick. It opens up our draft to so many other options it's not even funny. Plus, it gives us a solid backup in case we ever do draft a rookie QB. If we can hold off one more year, we will have a legit shot at Jake Locker too!

Financially, Vick will put people in the stands and bring some excitement to the Rams organization which is desperately needed.
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was against signing Vick for the longest time, but I'm starting to come around. He might not be a good passer but him and Jackson in the backfield would be a heck of a combo, and it would give the Rams one more playmaker. He would help the running game out tremendously.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can give you a perfectly unbiased opinion here, whether you like it or not:
I gotta tell you, I think that's a great fit for the Rams, to be totally honest.

Jackson is such a stud, and a RB doesn't have a long shelf-life. I think Vick is the perfect QB to bring in, because he's ready. A rookie won't help for a few years, if ever. Most likely. People wanna say Joe Flacco did it, but he went to a very good team, and he basically just was told not to screw it up.

There are a lot more Jamarcuses and Leinarts and Quinns and Alex Smiths and Dave Carrs than their are Matt Ryans.

This would solve the QB position with a proven threat, and open up more possibilities for you guys to add studs in more places in the draft.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I can give you a perfectly unbiased opinion here, whether you like it or not:
I gotta tell you, I think that's a great fit for the Rams, to be totally honest.

Jackson is such a stud, and a RB doesn't have a long shelf-life. I think Vick is the perfect QB to bring in, because he's ready. A rookie won't help for a few years, if ever. Most likely. People wanna say Joe Flacco did it, but he went to a very good team, and he basically just was told not to screw it up.

There are a lot more Jamarcuses and Leinarts and Quinns and Alex Smiths and Dave Carrs than their are Matt Ryans.

This would solve the QB position with a proven threat, and open up more possibilities for you guys to add studs in more places in the draft.
Alex Smith isnt a bust just yet! i still have faith in him

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a fan of Vick, and it has a lot more to do with his passing ability (or lack there of) than anything regarding his off the field issues. I simply don't think he's a very good quarterback, and I don't think he's a particularly good fit for the Rams' offense.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfry View Post
Per Rotoworld on 1/15/2010:

Beat writer Jim Thomas expects the Rams' brass to discuss the possibility of signing or trading for Michael Vick in next week's organizational meetings.

GM Billy Devaney worked with Vick in Atlanta and even visited him in prison. Coach Steve Spagnuolo and OC Pat Shurmur are tight with Eagles coach Andy Reid, who has spoken in glowing terms about the "changes" Vick has made in his life. The Rams desperately need a QB, and Vick would be a good fit in the Edward Jones Dome. Using a late round pick to reel in a QB would allow the Rams to select Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh with the No. 1 pick.
Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Related: Rams

MY VIEW:
I like the idea of signing Vick. It opens up our draft to so many other options it's not even funny. Plus, it gives us a solid backup in case we ever do draft a rookie QB. If we can hold off one more year, we will have a legit shot at Jake Locker too!

Financially, Vick will put people in the stands and bring some excitement to the Rams organization which is desperately needed.
Agree with everything except the bold because it is funny.

I think I called this first about a month ago in the draft thread. I did not know that Devaney visited him in prison though- that's very interesting...

There are so many reasons this makes sense.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick in blue...now thats a strange sight.
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Canton45
Rookie

Canton45 could make a wolverine purr.Canton45 could make a wolverine purr.Canton45 could make a wolverine purr.Canton45 could make a wolverine purr.Canton45 could make a wolverine purr.Canton45 could make a wolverine purr.Canton45 could make a wolverine purr.

the nfc west would a lot more exciting
Canton45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Canton45
Rookie

Canton45 could make a wolverine purr.Canton45 could make a wolverine purr.Canton45 could make a wolverine purr.Canton45 could make a wolverine purr.Canton45 could make a wolverine purr.Canton45 could make a wolverine purr.Canton45 could make a wolverine purr.

the nfc west would a lot more exciting
Canton45 is offline   Reply With Quote