Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Every year there are good rookie running backs that come from the 3rd, 4th, 5th round, even a UDFA or 2. My only theory is they don't think anyone will give up higher than maybe a 5th for him and they don't have anyone on their draft board they like after that range.
I don't think Cro is half as good as they say, but a fifth seems pretty harsh in my book.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I don't think Cro is half as good as they say, but a fifth seems pretty harsh in my book.
A third seems high, a fifth seems low, I'm suggesting maybe we are off by a round or 2 in our judgment (unless you think he's worth a third or higher).

I don't think anyone 'in the know' will be fooled by his 9 interception year or the fact that he's started for 3 (?) years. Just more game tape to bring down his inflated stock created by his stats.

Also the market for a gambling, inconsistent, poor motor cornerback can't be that great. Making him a starter is conceding that his side of the field is going to be weak against the pass, albeit may create some extra turnovers. And you can cross off the teams that put stock in DBs that play the run or blitz, which is a decent chunk of the NFL. My point is, he's a cornerback who can't play the run or cover. Who wants that? All he brings to the table is interceptions, and the "potential" that nobody will ever see, save for maybe 1 or 2 plays a game, but never consistently.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 02-17-2010 at 12:53 PM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YFS I think your forgetting about one team...it takes your ******, your piece of crap, and absolute garbage and turns them into okay/cheaters. The Patriots will make Cromartie look like a Pro Bowler, or Bill Belicheat will make him look like a pro bowler.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
YFS I think your forgetting about one team...it takes your ******, your piece of crap, and absolute garbage and turns them into okay/cheaters. The Patriots will make Cromartie look like a Pro Bowler, or Bill Belicheat will make him look like a pro bowler.
I gotta say I'm no pats fan but the whole "patriots cheat!" and "Bill Belicheat" is getting oooold.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 02-17-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I gotta say I'm no pats fan but the whole "patriots cheat!" and "Bill Belicheat" is getting oooold.
Cause they havent been dominant since.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Even if we assume this is true, what impact does this have on Addict's statement?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched south park, thats why I thought of bill belicheek
Old 02-17-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lendale White for Cro, straight up.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I just watched south park, thats why I thought of bill belicheek
oh right. How do you reach these kids?

Anyways I did think it was beneath you so that explains it.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 02-17-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fans tend to have a pessimistic view about CBs and think any CB who isn't Darelle Revis or Charles Woodson is a 'scrub'. The fact is the NFL has rules that favor the pass catchers and CBs are only watched when the guy they are covering is being thrown to. Nobody watches a CB when he simply does a good job of covering one play and forces the QB to look elsewhere. We tend to think that every team should have a '#1 lockdown CB' but if you asked fans to name every CB in the league who fits that description only a handful of guys would likely be widely named.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
You want to start Cromartie in a scheme that forces it's corners to come up aggressively, tackle well, and play the contain on running plays? Okay there buddy.
Did I say that? No.

I clearly stated that trading Michael Clayton and Derrick Ward for Antonio Cromartie is a great deal.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Fans tend to have a pessimistic view about CBs and think any CB who isn't Darelle Revis or Charles Woodson is a 'scrub'. The fact is the NFL has rules that favor the pass catchers and CBs are only watched when the guy they are covering is being thrown to. Nobody watches a CB when he simply does a good job of covering one play and forces the QB to look elsewhere. We tend to think that every team should have a '#1 lockdown CB' but if you asked fans to name every CB in the league who fits that description only a handful of guys would likely be widely named.
Yes, this is true. But you know that handful of guys who can do everything? Cromartie is in a handful of guys who can't do anything.

Remember how bad Ahmad Carroll was? Teams would just throw at him because they knew he was horrible and would just commit pass interference. Well, teams do that to Cromartie because he plays 10 yards off the receiver and won't tackle. And he doesn't even get a lot of picks anymore, especially when you consider how often he's thrown at.

The play everybody remembers about Cromartie is that ridiculous interception of Manning. The play that I remember about him was when he was sitting with his thumb up his ass letting Reggie Wayne run right by him and score in the playoff game two years ago. He didn't even realize the play had started until the Wayne was catching the ball 40 yards downfield.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Did I say that? No.

I clearly stated that trading Michael Clayton and Derrick Ward for Antonio Cromartie is a great deal.
Sure, if you think trading pig **** for dog **** is a good deal.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Sure, if you think trading pig **** for dog **** is a good deal.

Why do people not understand that having Cromartie on the field for you makes your team WORSE?
I'm pretty sure Cromartie would make the Lions better. That says more about the lions than Cromartie, but still.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 02-17-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two questions about Cromartie:

1. If he's so bad, why was he covering guys like Reggie Wayne and Brandon Marshall, for a team that has 2 other first round CB's?

2. Why do the Chargers feel there is any trade value at all if he "makes your team worse?" Shouldn't they just release him?

I have a feeling the Chargers will get more in return for Cromartie than many of you think.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Two questions about Cromartie:

1. If he's so bad, why was he covering guys like Reggie Wayne and Brandon Marshall, for a team that has 2 other first round CB's?
Easy. Because he plays RCB. He's going to cover whoever is lined up on that side of the field. Against a team like the Colts, who ALWAYS play their X on their left (the defense's right), he's going to be covering that guy all game.

Hardly anybody shadows the other teams #1. Revis is just about the only one.

Quote:
2. Why do the Chargers feel there is any trade value at all if he "makes your team worse?" Shouldn't they just release him?

I have a feeling the Chargers will get more in return for Cromartie than many of you think.
The fact that they're asking for RB depth (the easiest thing to find in the NFL) shows you what they think he's worth. They wouldn't be doing their due diligence is they didn't try to get something for him before burying him on the depth chart until his contract expires or cutting him outright.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time to show nothing but Cromarties 2007 highlites on espn to hype him up again!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm no big proliferator of this talk, but if there's problems with being called cheaters, they shouldn't have cheated.

Anyway I'd **** a porcipine before having Cromartie back in Bolts. Honestly having him on the team is not worth letting Cason bust because he's not starting. Any kind of value would be terrific, he is after all a Pro Bowler... :D honestly it's amusing that there is anyone out there who would want him on their team. He's just not that interested in being a football player. The factors that led to him being successful are the same factors that would lead to a down's syndrome kid being successful...dominant pass rush, over the top competent safety help, and baller at the other CB spot.

Thanks for stepping up to the plate YFS, general perception of Cro remains far too positive.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Time to show nothing but Cromarties 2007 highlites on espn to hype him up again!
His Madden rating does that just fine.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
2007 much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I'm no big proliferator of this talk, but if there's problems with being called cheaters, they shouldn't have cheated.
I don't disagree on the idea that the pats cheated. But it's been years and you can't really use it as an argument anymore. It's getting dragged into discussions it has no place in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Anyway I'd **** a porcipine before having Cromartie back in Bolts. Honestly having him on the team is not worth letting Cason bust because he's not starting. Any kind of value would be terrific, he is after all a Pro Bowler... :D honestly it's amusing that there is anyone out there who would want him on their team. He's just not that interested in being a football player. The factors that led to him being successful are the same factors that would lead to a down's syndrome kid being successful...dominant pass rush, over the top competent safety help, and baller at the other CB spot.

Thanks for stepping up to the plate YFS, general perception of Cro remains far too positive.
I still think Cro would be an upgrade to the Lions secondary. But I think a carton of milk would be too.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 02-17-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only difference between NE and other teams is they got caught.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I still think Cro would be an upgrade to the Lions secondary. But I think a carton of milk would be too.
Send us Calvin. Doooo it. Jackson and Cro for Calvin, I wouldn't even think twice.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Yeah, the whole thing about Madden and ESPN hype is that I don't play Madden and ESPN didn't intercept as many passes as any one player in a season in like...a long time.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
MATTYxICE
Rookie

MATTYxICE needs more cowbell.

Falcons could trade Jason Snelling for him lol.
MATTYxICE is offline   Reply With Quote