Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 02-23-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Raiders want to trade everyone?

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Raiders have been shopping much of their roster, including Nnamdi Asomugha.

Asomugha is considered "untradeable" due to a contract that guarantees either the franchise number for quarterbacks or $16.875 million, whichever number is greater. The report isn't all that surprising considering Al Davis' shenanigans over the past half-decade, but the Raiders just don't have that many players with significant trade value.

rotoworld
Old 02-23-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Yah i read this on ESPN....it makes sense to try to move him this offseason because it is the last chance to get something for him before he bolts. I'm sure he renegotiate his contract if the suitor was a team he'd want to go, unless of course he wants to see how the whole cap situation unfolds. Either way, barring a miracle this will be the last year we see Nnamdi in a Raider uniform.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we were able to get a 1st and a few more picks Id trade Aso. This draft is deep and we could draft a CB in the 2nd like Kyle Wilson

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
LookItsAlDavis
Veteran

LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be a heartbreaker, but if we make the picks count I wouldn't be too upset. Who else could be on the trading block? Maybe Bush or Morrison?
LookItsAlDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would think Fargas? instead of Bush
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aso to the Jets is back on? I saw that rumor on ESPN. WTF?

I'd prefer a higher first than 29th overall, so I don't know how they're going to work around that unless they include a valuable asset like Gholston, who I preferred in a 43 defense anyways. That 29th pick would have to be used on Kyle Wilson, and that's assuming he will be available. I'd also like to have Dwight Lowery included somewhere in there, despite the poor AFCCG, as I still think he'll be a solid cover corner once he plays opposite somebody not named "Revis Island".

Last edited by 619 : 02-23-2010 at 10:34 PM.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Al Davis is going to ask for like three 1st rounders if he's going to seriously talk about trading Nnamdi. At least.

Every offseason for the last four or so years has been accompanied with talk of the Raiders "shopping everyone". Take this news with a grain of salt.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Al Davis is going to ask for like three 1st rounders if he's going to seriously talk about trading Nnamdi. At least.

Every offseason for the last four or so years has been accompanied with talk of the Raiders "shopping everyone". Take this news with a grain of salt.
Depends on whether he'll be willing to work out an extension, which I do believe he will. Al Davis will be asking for three first rounders, but I'm doubtful anyone budges past two as the base of the deal.

The Jets could be a reasonable trade partner. Something still intrigues me about Gholston, giving me this proposal:

2010 1st round pick (29th overall)
2010 2nd round pick (61st overall)
2011 1st round pick
DE Vernon Gholston

This I would do.

Last edited by 619 : 02-23-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Gholston would be a huge salary dump for the Jets making the financial implications of adding Aso not as significant. Whichever trade avenue we do pursue, we better get our first round pick back for 2011! We can't afford to not have one otherwise. It worries me how news like this could affect Seymour's contract situation.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post

2010 1st round pick (29th overall)
2010 2nd round pick (61st overall)
2011 1st round pick
DE Vernon Gholston

This I would do.
lol are you in dreamland right now?

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:26 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
Thats probably the value Al will be asking for so no

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 02-24-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Thats probably the value Al will be asking for so no
fair enough, but that's ******* crazy talk.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:51 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
We would probably throw a draft pick or two the other way. The rest of the trade I'd remain as is, this is Nnamdi Asomugha, the most dominant CB of the past 3-4 years. I have no idea why we're even entertaining the possibility that he would be made available, to be completely honest. I value him very highly, and deservedly so.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me Gholston in that trade.....then go get Troy Smith and Ted Ginn.

If I have to watch this team suck, I'd rather watch players I love. :D
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:24 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We would probably throw a draft pick or two the other way. The rest of the trade I'd remain as is, this is Nnamdi Asomugha, the most dominant CB of the past 3-4 years. I have no idea why we're even entertaining the possibility that he would be made available, to be completely honest. I value him very highly, and deservedly so.
Because he's a great player on a rebuilding team. What's the point of keeping him ,if by the time we're actually contenders, he's past his prime?
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:40 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Because he's a great player on a rebuilding team. What's the point of keeping him ,if by the time we're actually contenders, he's past his prime?
I hate to be the optimist here, despite what you might think, we're really not that far off from contending for a wildcard spot. This would all but assure that we lose that practical opportunity.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:29 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I would keep like 10 players, maybe. We are so far away from winning its pointless to hang on to aging players like Asomugha and Seymour. Tom Cable is a lame duck coach, I can't see us winning more than 6 games and if that's the case Cable is will be fired.

If Schefter's report is true, Al Davis is finally starting to realize he has been hurting this team more than helping it. Bizarre draft picks, horrible free agent signings, insane contracts, on and on...
Old 02-24-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Thinking about it now, Id like to see Asomugha stay here. If we make the right draft picks/signings and have Gradkowski start we could possibly be a contender for the wildcard. San Diego will still win the AFC West but we should be able to get 3 or 4 wins from our division. With San Diego losing LT, and likely Sproles, they shouldnt have any type of running game.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 02-24-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate to be the optimist here, despite what you might think, we're really not that far off from contending for a wildcard spot. This would all but assure that we lose that practical opportunity.
You're being overly optimistic. I can count maybe 10 players who start who should be backups. We need at least 4 offensive line starters+depth to compete there. 2 defensive tackles,a MLB,SLB, starting corner, before I think we could contend. Those peices are going to take a few years to procure.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Thinking about it now, Id like to see Asomugha stay here. If we make the right draft picks/signings and have Gradkowski start we could possibly be a contender for the wildcard. San Diego will still win the AFC West but we should be able to get 3 or 4 wins from our division. With San Diego losing LT, and likely Sproles, they shouldnt have any type of running game.
When has a Wild Card been enough to satisfy us? What happened to "Just Win Baby" and "Commitment to Excellence"? As much as I love Grad, he's not a franchise QB, and doesn't fit the scheme(unless Al lets the coaches decide). we've got to let the growing pains ensue on what is an extremely talented gropu of skill position players(JaMarcus included), while we build the lines up on both sides of the ball.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
Honestly I would keep like 10 players, maybe. We are so far away from winning its pointless to hang on to aging players like Asomugha and Seymour. Tom Cable is a lame duck coach, I can't see us winning more than 6 games and if that's the case Cable is will be fired.

If Schefter's report is true, Al Davis is finally starting to realize he has been hurting this team more than helping it. Bizarre draft picks, horrible free agent signings, insane contracts, on and on...
Yes, our "aging" 28 year old cornerback. The way this organization spends draft picks there's no way I'd rather have even 3 more 1st round picks over the next 3 years than have Nnamdi for 2 more. Yes, winning games is fun. But, failing that, I'd like to be able to watch a few excellent players now and then and be able to root for them. Asomugha may wind up being a Hall of Famer and I'd like him to be a Raider for as long as possible, even if that means him hitting the market with no compensation for Oakland (beyond a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick).

Also, as I said in my previous post, this "Oakland to try and trade everyone" report has gone out after every season since 2007. It's Oakland trying to drum up calls from other teams and to get offers on the table, even though, whether because of the strategies ineffectiveness or Al's trade demands, the move almost never results in a large number of trades. Sure, the dissolution of the salary cap changes the trade game in the NFL for the short term, but I'd be truly shocked if Oakland either admits to a rebuilding position by trading away existing talent or even executes more than a couple medium-sized trades this offseason.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely understand the 'trade Aso now, we won't be good until he's past his prime anyway' argument, in fact I'm pretty sure I made the same one last offseason. But now I'm sitting here and I realize that even if we got a boatload of 1st rounders for him, it wouldn't matter because Al is still making the picks. Given that, I'd have to agree with PMD and hope to keep Aso around for as long as possible and hope that he goes into the Hall as a Raider.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely love Aso, but him being on the team is a blessing and a curse. We will never be able to develop a rookie 2nd corner opposite of him without feeding them to the wolves. Don't see Al doing much with the picks he would get for Aso though and I to find that Aso is too loyal and too great of a leader too let slip away from our team.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
When has a Wild Card been enough to satisfy us? What happened to "Just Win Baby" and "Commitment to Excellence"? As much as I love Grad, he's not a franchise QB, and doesn't fit the scheme(unless Al lets the coaches decide). we've got to let the growing pains ensue on what is an extremely talented gropu of skill position players(JaMarcus included), while we build the lines up on both sides of the ball.
Um....since we've had like 4 wins total since 2002.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Raidernexx
Rookie

Raidernexx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Man, Nnamdi is one of the only reasons to watch my team at all right now.
(At least if Russell's the starting QB anyway.)

They better not trade the only player we have worth watching!

If they do, they'd better get some serious compensation.

The problem is, we seem to suck so bad at drafting high as of late, it doesn't matter how many 1st and 2nd rounders we get in a trade, we'll blow 'em all.

A bright spot in last year's draft!
Raidernexx is offline   Reply With Quote