Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 02-28-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010022...-Indy----twice

Quote:
Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh has talked to only one team so far at the NFL scouting combine: the Detroit Lions.

And he’s talked to them twice.

Suh, whom the Lions could draft No. 2 overall April 22, had brunch with Lions officials Friday, then a meeting with them at 10 p.m. He said he went over X’s and O’s with defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham and assistant defensive linecoach Kris Kocurek, who is expected to be the defensive line coach upon Bob Karmelowicz’s retirement.

The Lions’ main question was whether Suh can play the run on the way to the quarterback, because the Cornhuskers asked him to do things differently.

“I think I would be able to adjust to anything,” Suh said. “Obviously, I think our scheme was a little bit different at Nebraska from what the NFL’s asking me to do, but I think I’m a player that can adjust to things and definitely get used to playing and getting off the ball and more or less not reading and reacting as we were kind of taught down in our defense at Nebraska.”

Suh has not talked to St. Louis or Tampa Bay yet, but said he was scheduled to meet with four teams tonight.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love this runningback class. Best, Matthews, Gerhart and Tate impressed me today. Blount had a decent run for his size as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i definitely like mathews in the 2nd over best and i'd take tate and hardesty over dwyer right now.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-28-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
i definitely like mathews in the 2nd over best and i'd take tate and hardesty over dwyer right now.
Yeah, dwyer didn't look that great today, which sucks because I've been pushing him so much!

But serious, Mathews is absolutely ripped for being like 220 and looked great today. Also, James Starks looked great for missing all year due to injuries, IMO, he'll be a steal in the 4th/5th.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

starks did stand out. he looked ripped and really looked like a ''freakish athlete''. a little tall but i remember watching him do the broad jump and immediately checking my list to see who the heck he was.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-28-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'd be ok with using our second on Best, Matthews, or Tate. I'd rather sign a FA RB and draft Blount in the 3rd or 4th.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-28-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

suh puts up 32 reps
mccoy 26
graham 31
everson griffen 32
price 34

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-28-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everson Griffen with pick #34 ... I'm just say'n! (ha)

Some of these backs will slip to rounds 3 & 4(possibly Dwyer or Blount or Hardesty or McCluster) I feel Detroit wants to move in the Chris Johnson trend (speedster who gets to the edge) rather than the Adrien Peterson trend (workhorse who runs you over)

Suh, Griffen then ... Dexter McCluster in Rd 3 baby!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matthews looked amazing. I want him. I will settle for McCluster. That is all.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy blue twinkies ... Taylor Mays just posted a 4.24 (unofficial) 40 yard dash at the Combine! At 230 lbs that is just wrong. Wow. I would love some of that is run support next year.

If Bradford's stock keeps rising as the #1 QB and say St. Louis stumbles & takes a DT, we will have some calls for a trade back to get the #1 QB I figure ... Just a fun scenario here, thinking Pete Carrol is going to want his guy running the show in Seattle ... they need to leap frog Washington so they are willing to give up pick #6 & #14 for our #2 spot to get Sam Bradford. with the deeeep DT class (likely getting a Odrick, Price @ #34) we could rope in a draft class that looked like Taylor Mays #6, CJ Spiller #14 & Jared Odrick #34.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Holy blue twinkies ... Taylor Mays just posted a 4.24 (unofficial) 40 yard dash at the Combine! At 230 lbs that is just wrong. Wow. I would love some of that is run support next year.

If Bradford's stock keeps rising as the #1 QB and say St. Louis stumbles & takes a DT, we will have some calls for a trade back to get the #1 QB I figure ... Just a fun scenario here, thinking Pete Carrol is going to want his guy running the show in Seattle ... they need to leap frog Washington so they are willing to give up pick #6 & #14 for our #2 spot to get Sam Bradford. with the deeeep DT class (likely getting a Odrick, Price @ #34) we could rope in a draft class that looked like Taylor Mays #6, CJ Spiller #14 & Jared Odrick #34.
Idk man, Taylor Mays at 6? He isn't that good and there would be far better options than a RB at 14. I would be disappointed if that is how our draft played out.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't see why someone would want to trade up to #2 for a QB when Tampa, who picks one spot behind us, doesn't need a QB at all. Trading to #3 rather than #2 would cost the team less, and save them millions of dollars too. And they'd still be ahead of Washington.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I still don't see why someone would want to trade up to #2 for a QB when Tampa, who picks one spot behind us, doesn't need a QB at all. Trading to #3 rather than #2 would cost the team less, and save them millions of dollars too. And they'd still be ahead of Washington.
I don't think anyone truly believes we will trade out of the 2nd spot....I sure don't....
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotts1 View Post
I don't think anyone truly believes we will trade out of the 2nd spot....I sure don't....
100% agreed. We have a shot at one of the two best players, who are basically tied. This staff is about getting difference makers, I think it would be a real stretch to get them off this pick.

I could see it getting done, but for more than 2 2010 1st round picks. So that being said, I don't see us moving.

I actually think that our 2nd round pick could be the perfect place to trade down off of if some talent we are targeting isn't there. There are plenty of 2nd/3rd round corners that would provide great value if one with a first round grade doesn't drop.

Last edited by DoWnThEfiElD : 03-02-2010 at 05:02 PM.
DoWnThEfiElD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCourty has been VERY impressive imo. I'm starting to like him a lot.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
100% agreed. We have a shot at one of the two best players, who are basically tied. This staff is about getting difference makers, I think it would be a real stretch to get them off this pick.

I could see it getting done, but for more than 2 2010 1st round picks. So that being said, I don't see us moving.

I actually think that our 2nd round pick could be the perfect place to trade down off of if some talent we are targeting isn't there. There are plenty of 2nd/3rd round corners that would provide great value if one with a first round grade doesn't drop.
This is what I'm really starting to think...especially considering that most of the guys we would be interested in look like they are gonna be gone, like Graham, Iupati, Wilson, almost any OT, etc.

The value that will be available in mid 2nd through mid 3rd should be great and Mayhew has to figure out how to add picks in this range.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
McCourty has been VERY impressive imo. I'm starting to like him a lot.
I agree, seems very fluid. Plus our Coaches should have a great idea of the type of player he is due to coaching him in the Senior Bowl.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

McCourty or Wilson with pick #34 would be awesome.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My this will not happen dream FA + draft

FA

Daunta Robinson
trade 5th & RB Morris for cro

1. Suh or Okung I have crossed McCoy off my board @2 after combine.
2. Weatherspoon, Mathews, DT, DE, BPA
3. Selvie, Johnson, B. Tate, Gerhardt
4. OG

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
My this will not happen dream FA + draft

FA

Daunta Robinson
trade 5th & RB Morris for cro

1. Suh or Okung I have crossed McCoy off my board @2 after combine.
2. Weatherspoon, Mathews, DT, DE, BPA
3. Selvie, Johnson, B. Tate, Gerhardt
4. OG
I think we may get Cro for just a 5th. Doesn't seem like teams are trying to beat our offer and we seem reluctant to give up Morris. You are that down on McCoy??? Weatherspoon is a beast. I also really like Daryl Washington out of TCU. This is a very good RB class and we should be able to get a good one if we wait until the third.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-02-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

i wouldn't argue with okung over mccoy. if we're rebuilding then it doesn't matter if we have a jeff backus. bpa approach doesn't consider a mediocre soon to be 33 year old tackle as a sticking point to not taking a top valued player.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-02-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I think we may get Cro for just a 5th. Doesn't seem like teams are trying to beat our offer and we seem reluctant to give up Morris.
fair enough

Quote:
You are that down on McCoy???
A few things I saw yeterday soured me on McCoy.

1. 23 reps. Kyle Wilson had more. No DT who is suppose to go top 5 should get less reps thn a cb.

2. 40yd dash - didn' do bad but didn't beat Suh.

3. the 3 Cone drill (and ths is the big one) - bombed first attempt the coach said something McCoy said "I refuse" I'm trying to find it to make sure I'm not crazy. But if I'm not that screams char issues.

This with Okung blowing it up makes me not want McCoy.

Quote:
Weatherspoon is a beast. I also really like Daryl Washington out of TCU. This is a very good RB class and we should be able to get a good one if we wait until the third.
Spoon is all that is man. Asfor RB I think Mathews and tate are the best in the class

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-02-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think I'd be ok with using our second on Best, Matthews, or Tate. I'd rather sign a FA RB and draft Blount in the 3rd or 4th.
Matthews please and thank you!
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at broth223:

McCoy is as high character a guy as there is. He said "i refuse" to himself (to make himself do better), not to the coach.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
at broth223:

McCoy is as high character a guy as there is. He said "i refuse" to himself (to make himself do better), not to the coach.
Any proof of this?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote: