Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm on my phone so I'll keep it brief and I'll elaborate on why I like it later when I'm able to use a CPU, but I think a lot of you are under the impression the Eagles want to give McNabb away, they aren't in any sort of rush to get McNabb off of their hands, Andy actually wants to keep Donovan. If McNabb is traded there will be significant compensation, like their 2nd and a 5th or a 3rd and a combination of players likely including someone like Chris Long.

The Eagles know they can with McNabb and probably make the playoffs, he won't come cheap.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should trade for Vick instead. Who is McNabb going to throw to? I'm sure he will be really happy if this happens.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
if this happens, I'll laugh non-stop at the trbl-ness of the deal for both teams.
especially the Eagles. They win nothing by getting rid of McNabb. In fact they lose a lot, and it ain't something that they can just replace.

Again: I can't see reid do this.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McNabb will not be in an Eagles uniform after 2010. Might as well get value for him now and go through the growing pains of Kolb sooner.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
i think it could be a good move for the Rams.

They could still draft a QB say in the 2nd round and let him sit behind McNabb and nab Suh or Berry in the first
This is proven franchise QB we are talking about here, he will get more then a 3rd round pick, the Eagles are by no means desperate to trade him. However, if the right offer comes or they get their asking price I don’t doubt they pull the trigger. But for only a 3rd round pick?? If they do that I will be pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
They should trade for Vick instead. Who is McNabb going to throw to? I'm sure he will be really happy if this happens.
You think McNabb would rather play for the St. Louis Rams who had the worst record in the league, then a team he has been playing for his whole career who are one of the teams we most frequently see in the playoffs? He has a great connection with Reid to, despite all the crazy Philly fans, McNabb wants to stay. He doesn’t let these crazy fans get to him. If he gets traded to the Rams the chances of him winning a ring in his career diminish significantly considering the Eagles can definitely contend.

Last edited by Kramer : 03-01-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I like this move. They can still get Suh if this happens. And as of now, the 2011 QB class is looking pretty strong. Maybe they just don't like the QB's this year.
yea, so why would the rebuilding rams give up a pick for an old QB that won't help them win anything? with or without mcnabb they're not winning. draft a position of need with the pick they'd give up. hell, mcnabb could be the difference of getting top 3 pick or top 8, which would suck for them depending on the QB situation next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
McNabb will not be in an Eagles uniform after 2010. Might as well get value for him now and go through the growing pains of Kolb sooner.
I still think we should let him play out his contract. I mean, we are still one of the best in the NFC, and if we trade McNabb our team and let Kolb start for next year, I think we are taking a back seat because of his inexperience. Lets try to upgrade the defense and get more depth on the O-Line, and let McNabb try to win a ring with the Eagles one last time.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
cfh128
Rookie

cfh128 is so money.cfh128 is so money.cfh128 is so money.cfh128 is so money.cfh128 is so money.cfh128 is so money.cfh128 is so money.cfh128 is so money.cfh128 is so money.cfh128 is so money.

I don't see the Rams giving up their first round pick for this. In order for this trade to work, it has to make sense for the Rams as well. McNabb has been a great player in this league, but he is getting up there in years and he has always been prone to injury. On top of this, the Rams made a point last year to get rid of 75% of the older players on the team, effectively going from one of the oldest teams in the league to one of the youngest in one year.

The Rams are in rebuilding mode and this premium pick is too important to the long term success of the team. If they do trade the first pick for McNabb, I would expect them to ask for another pick in return along with McNabb. Or maybe a 2011 first round pick instead of 2010.
cfh128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if it's a first rounder swap and McNabb to STL... well than the Rams deserve to fail at life.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer View Post

You think McNabb would rather play for the St. Louis Rams who had the worst record in the league, then a team he has been playing for his whole career who are one of the teams we most frequently see in the playoffs?
Sarcasm doesn't come across well on the internet! haha sorry. I think McNabb would be highly upset.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Sarcasm doesn't come across well on the internet! haha sorry. I think McNabb would be highly upset.
Wow, what a fail on my part, Iím sorry. Yeah I agree, this would be like the old Eagles for him all over again when Thrash was his top target, except the Rams will be bad on both sides of the ball unlike the old top notch defensive Eagles teams.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree competely with scottyboy. mcnabb will be 34 years old this year in november. he probably has around 12-14 million left on his contract. if the rams give up more than a 3rd round pick then this is a horrible deal. the rams are the only defense in the league that the lions can potentially have a better day defensively. build the trenches, establish a young qb, and add the playmakers outside. this is just a duct tape move.

trade down or draft bradford. trade up and take best available OT in second or hope one of the top half dozen fall.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Donovann McNabb is like Philly's version of Patrick Ewing.

You won't understand how good he was and what he meant to your team until he leaves.

I'd love to see Kolb shake off Justin Tuck and throw it downfield the way McNabb did.
I agree that he is way undervalued in Philly.

But TBH, I think he's overrated by everybody else. You know exactly what you get with Donovan: ~3500 yards, a division chapionship, and a loss in the NFC Championship game.

Reid has proven that he can win with the likes of AJ Feeley and Jeff Garcia for extended periods of time. Why not move McNabb now (while you can) and get something for him and just go through the growing pains with Kolb already.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McNabb would set the St. Louis Rams franchise back another 5 years. This would be an awful move.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

If McNabb is traded to the Rams, where does Vick go?
Old 03-01-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

have to admit just by the title I was expecting the name of Mike Vick
Old 03-01-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Donovann McNabb is like Philly's version of Patrick Ewing.

You won't understand how good he was and what he meant to your team until he leaves.

I'd love to see Kolb shake off Justin Tuck and throw it downfield the way McNabb did.
It would be an end of an era.... Douglas, Trotter, Dawkins, Westbrook, and then McNabb gone! That would be amazing! He is a good QB, and has plagued us for some time. I would love to see him out of the division! Let another QB see if he can be as good as McNabb was.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st overall for McNabb? Or 33rd overall?
Old 03-01-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
Wow, what a fail on my part, Iím sorry. Yeah I agree, this would be like the old Eagles for him all over again when Thrash was his top target, except the Rams will be bad on both sides of the ball unlike the old top notch defensive Eagles teams.
I give credit where credit is due. You gotta give Philly credit, they know how to run an organization. Thats why they're always competitive, every year for the last 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I agree that he is way undervalued in Philly.

But TBH, I think he's overrated by everybody else. You know exactly what you get with Donovan: ~3500 yards, a division chapionship, and a loss in the NFC Championship game.

Reid has proven that he can win with the likes of AJ Feeley and Jeff Garcia for extended periods of time. Why not move McNabb now (while you can) and get something for him and just go through the growing pains with Kolb already.
I agree, it makes sense for Philly to make the move, they know they're moving on with Kolb so might as well get what you can for McNabb now.

And they can win with Kolb, I don't doubt that either. Kolb will get the keys to a car that's ten times better than any car McNabb received during his prime.

All I'm saying is, as a Giants fan, I would like to see McNabb go, bc while they can win with Kolb, Kolb doesn't scare me as much as McNabb does.

And I don't think he ever will. If Philly wins after letting go of McNabb, I think it will have more to do with their weapons on offense, and their stoute defense than replacing McNabb with Kolb.

I view this as downgrading your qb position, but at the same time, they will upgrade their team in other areas through the draft.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Quote:
I give credit where credit is due. You gotta give Philly credit, they know how to run an organization. Thats why they're always competitive, every year for the last 10 years.
Exactly. Despite never winning the Lombardi Trophy, only missing the playoffs three times in Andy Reidís tenure is very impressive. Definitely is one of the best run organizations in the NFL. I like the respect.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
If you're the Rams, preferably neither. But the Eagles likely won't take less than the Rams' second rounder. And if I'm St. Louis, I'm not sure I'd be inclined to give that up, knowing that there's going to be some talent on the board when that pick rolls around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
If McNabb is traded there will be significant compensation, like their 2nd and a 5th or a 3rd and a combination of players likely including someone like Chris Long.
I'm struggling to figure out why the Rams would trade their best young defensive lineman, a second overall pick two years ago, in a package for Donovan McNabb. I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
papa burgundy
Rookie

papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.

Quote:
wouldn't be shocked if OJ Atogwe was involved
papa burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa burgundy View Post
wouldn't be shocked if OJ Atogwe was involved
That wouldn't shock me either. Quite frankly, Philly must be confident in Kobb if this goes down. Or they must be getting a huge package. (A la Jay Cutler type stuff)
Old 03-01-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That wouldn't shock me either. Quite frankly, Philly must be confident in Kobb if this goes down. Or they must be getting a huge package. (A la Jay Cutler type stuff)
its never gonna be jay cutler like. he is like 100 years older

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not gonna happen. Entire thread deserves the Kevin Spacey 'WRONG!'
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote