Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-24-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow... Jesus we just ******* gave him away.

I would have rather kept him then take that crap.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade Miley for CY/ROY

AND!!!!

Quote:
Reports are coming out that Trevor Bauer, electric right hander drafted by the Diamondbacks in 2011, will make his major league debut this coming Thursday. He'll face the Braves in third game of a three game series. Jack MacGruder, of FSN Arizona, appears to the first to break the news, but other sites, including NBC Sports, are reporting as well.
http://www.azsnakepit.com/2012/6/24/...debut-thursday

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Yay!

I wish I picked him up weeks ago but alas I didn't have room on my bench.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Gahh that trade still chaps my ass. I need to go have a ******* beer or something.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a series Borat/Brent! Wow! I was so pissed when the A's gave up the 1st game and then lost it in the middle relief yesterday. Feels good to win it in the 9th today.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Gahh that trade still chaps my ass. I need to go have a ******* beer or something.
You can have Dusty Baker.
Fo free

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D'Backs 10-2 last 2 homestands and 14-7 in June

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

impressive comeback for Oakland

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
You can have Dusty Baker.
Fo free
Ill flip you Lillibridge and Stewart maybe Dusty can still play the OF.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
What a series Borat/Brent! Wow! I was so pissed when the A's gave up the 1st game and then lost it in the middle relief yesterday. Feels good to win it in the 9th today.
Derek ******* Norris! Awesome.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I suppose if the Giants have to lose, I'd rather it be to the A's than anyone. Except the Angels, I will always hate that team.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I suppose if the Giants have to lose, I'd rather it be to the A's than anyone. Except the Angels, I will always hate that team.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody avoids the sweep quite like the Giants.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dickey pitching on ESPN right now. I have a feeling ARod won't be too comfortable for the rest of the night against him. He just dove away from a ball at his head and then struck out.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dickey has been a mess tonight.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Dickey has been a mess tonight.
This is the time of year Wakefield would go to ****, too. The knuckler stops dancing when the heat and humidity kick up.

And the Red Sox got absolutely dick in that Youkilis trade... Wow.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ill flip you Lillibridge and Stewart maybe Dusty can still play the OF.

Steward was ours first lol.
And DEAL.
He will pull your SP who has a lead, and only 86 pitches.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post

And the Red Sox got absolutely dick in that Youkilis trade... Wow.

Understatement. They have to pay 2 mill of his salary too. Not bad enough that they just gave him away.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I have been talking to Grizz about it today. With what we got in return and that emotional moment on the field yesterday I am still pissed.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I missed it (the moment)... IYARSAD... Love/Loved Youk.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:51 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I missed it (the moment)... IYARSAD... Love/Loved Youk.
Did you catch it a replay of it?

If not here it is

Start at 1:50
Old 06-25-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wonder what ovation Ortiz gets in his last game of the season(he's gone after this year)
Old 06-25-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Wonder what ovation Ortiz gets in his last game of the season(he's gone after this year)
The way he has been hitting this season I don't foresee them letting him walk.

He as been the best hitter on our team this season by far. Also he looks less like a amorphous blob of fat that can hit.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The way he has been hitting this season I don't foresee them letting him walk.

He as been the best hitter on our team this season by far. Also he looks less like a amorphous blob of fat that can hit.
Why let him walk? If Papi is ok with doing a string of one year deals, why not do it. He'll never have to worry about playing the field. And with Youk gone now that's just even more ABs for him. Not that he was going to lose many anyway.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Why let him walk? If Papi is ok with doing a string of one year deals, why not do it. He'll never have to worry about playing the field. And with Youk gone now that's just even more ABs for him. Not that he was going to lose many anyway.
He wants a two year deal for more than he got this season which is right around 15 mil. I think they are having a hard time justifying 30+ mil on a 36 year old DH with injury issues in the past couple seasons.

For many years I thought he was a bloated piece of crap but with all that he did in the offseason to really get in shape he has swayed my opinion a bit.

I hope they resign him for at least one more season.