Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-07-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
no dice! 10
Have you heard about his speed?
not that it matters because he cant get on base

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like Towers has had Upton on the block since he got there.

What's up with Carlos Santana this year?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bryce Harper replacing Stanton on All Star Team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-07-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'm confused on your hatred with Ian. You can be a very solid regular even with a poor OBP.
I don't hate him, I just think he's tradeable. I'd rather have Justin Upton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Bryce Harper replacing Stanton on All Star Team.
They should have put him in the derby.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shortstops are so hard to find. I wouldn't be so quick to toss Desmond away.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im sure Boston has a few that they'll give away for mediocre/bad relievers.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Im sure Boston has a few that they'll give away for mediocre/bad relievers.
Melancon has actually been pretty damn good since being recalled.

11.2 innings, 1 ER, 2 BB and 9 K
Old 07-07-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im a Melancon fan, just being a dick

Old 07-07-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Im a Melancon fan, just being a dick
In all fairness I was content with the trade at the time. We had Scutaro and Aviles. Jose Igesias was waiting in AAA. Little did I know that we were going to turn around and trade Scoot for pennies.

If Melancon continues what he has done recently I think it will be a good trade on both ends. All in all I am happy and it is good to see Jed doing so well.

With that said Cherington this season has made moves that make me happy (Ross) moves that I want to kill him for (Scutaro and Youkilis) and some trades I have yet to see enough to make a fully informed decision (Lowrie+ and Reddick-) This guy is either going to right the sinking ship Theo got us on or he is going to continue what his mentor started and sink us for the foreseeable future. I think this year and next are going to be big years to see where the Sox are going to go.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Youkilis trade was awful. You got non-prospects and very little salary relief. Still doesn't make sense to me.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
The Youkilis trade was awful. You got non-prospects and very little salary relief. Still doesn't make sense to me.
Yeah, I don't get it. Zach Stewart is a below average fifth starter or an okay long reliever, and Lillibridge is a replaceable depth guy. Very sad.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Trust me this still pisses me off.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would it take to get Darwin Barney from the Cubs? Tigers need a 2b.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
What would it take to get Darwin Barney from the Cubs? Tigers need a 2b.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Trust me this still pisses me off.
You're welcome to sit in on one of my "sh!tty GM support group" meetings if you'd like.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're welcome to sit in on one of my "sh!tty GM support group" meetings if you'd like.
It's mostly just me and Borat cursing and drinking liquor.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:24 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
It's mostly just me and Borat cursing and drinking liquor.
It usually looks like this:

Old 07-08-2012, 06:36 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Futures game tonight!

US lineup:

1. SS Billy Hamilton
2. 2B Kolten Wong
3. RF Wil Myers
4. 3B Mike Olt
5. 1B Jonathan Singleton
6. LF Michael Choice
7. DH Nick Castellanos
8. C Tommy Joseph
9. CF Anthony Gose

SP Jake Odorizzi

World lineup:

2B Jean Segura
SS Jurickson Profar
RF Oscar Tavares
LF Alfredo Marte
DH Xander Bogaerts
3B Wilmer Flores
1B Jesus Aguilar
CF Jae-Hoon Ha
C Christian Bethancourt

SP Yordano Ventura

Can't wait to see Kolten Wong and Oscar Taveras!
Old 07-08-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm going to the Mets game so I probably won't be able to catch the Futures Game live which sucks. Would love to win today to send the Mets in 8 ages over .500 at the break. Not one person could have predicted that for the Mets.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-08-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Billy Hamilton will be going to AA after the game.
I hope he plays well and doesn't show off his errors

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm going to the Mets game so I probably won't be able to catch the Futures Game live which sucks. Would love to win today to send the Mets in 8 ages over .500 at the break. Not one person could have predicted that for the Mets.
Seriously, this year has been crazy. The Mets are also probably going to deal for Ramon Hernandez and Matt Reynolds/Matt Belisle. It's funny to look at how poor Ramon's numbers have been this year, but yet he'd still be a massive, massive upgrade over the turd that is Mike Nickeas.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Go Jonathan Singleton! He was steadily at the 300/400/500 mark for ages, then started scuffling BADLY, I hope he picks it back up.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess the Pirates and DBacks have been talking and have exchanged prospects for Upton. I know Marte would be on the list.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I guess the Pirates and DBacks have been talking and have exchanged prospects for Upton. I know Marte would be on the list.
Jesus... Part of me wants them to do this the other part that doesn't want to deal with the ****** Pittsburgh bandwagon jumpers wants this deal to die in the fires of hell.