Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-12-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Keeper or no?
No it isn't.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team A is getting the better deal because of Jacoby and Bauer. Johnson and Felix are a wash to me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Team A is getting the better deal because of Jacoby and Bauer. Johnson and Felix are a wash to me.
Felix is a lot better, Bauer is useless in a non keeper, and Jacoby could easily be useless this year.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Felix is a lot better, Bauer is useless in a non keeper, and Jacoby could easily be useless this year.
Ass, I didn't see it was a non keeper.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-12-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So no on the deal then? Would it be better if I showed you my team?
Old 07-12-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
If anyone has MLB Network, at 8:00 ct they're showing a special called "The Life and Death of Darryl Kile" Should be good. I'll probably cry. Heck I still to this day get choked up when I think about Joe Girardi announcing the game has been cancelled.
Incredible. I'll never forget DK 57.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
So no on the deal then? Would it be better if I showed you my team?
Maybe so..

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-12-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Maybe so..
I rejected it. Couldn't see myself trading Felix just yet after giving up a few nice pieces for him.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The past two days have been painful. Worst sporting time of the year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's why god invented video games. Though I'm getting raped in The Show today. >_<

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
That's why god invented video games. Though I'm getting raped in The Show today. >_<
I've actually been playing Road To the Show for the first time ever. Got drafted by the Twins. I retired.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-13-2012, 07:10 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marte played at AAA Indy again last night, and a Pittsburgh writer says he won't be up for this series and I'm assuming that means this road trip as well.

Its getting ridiculous at this point. He should have been up on July 1st. Hes been absolutely killing AAA in the last month and a half, we have a utility infielder and a 1st baseman playing our corner outfield spots. The top two spots in our order have only been good if you add their stats together. No reason he's not coming up. The last excuse they gave us was that they didn't want to bring him up going into the break. I'm sure they'll mention nothing and wait to bring him up at home for the extra ticket sales.

And Appel wach has really started. I havn't heard anything at all, but gut feeling says he signs at the last second like so many Boras clients.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Deadline is at like 2 PM today correct?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-13-2012, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was 5PM East coast time but I could be wrong.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I thought it was 5PM East coast time but I could be wrong.
You're correct it's 5 EST. I just looked it up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-13-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

It appears the Pirates are going to fall victim to the new rules. Yes baseball, let's make rules up to control the Pirates out of control spending...

Old 07-13-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I'd be pretty sad if the miss Appel, but they'd get 3 potential top 40 or so picks next year. I could live with that. I think they'd also get their pool money and add it to their pool next year.

That said, I still think he's signing.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Pool money doesn't work like that Hines. If you don't sign Appel you lose it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-13-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Thought I read that they get the pool money next year too. I don't know. I just woke up so my brain isn't functioning right now. It took me 5 minutes to just type that reply.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
It appears the Pirates are going to fall victim to the new rules. Yes baseball, let's make rules up to control the Pirates out of control spending...
Ehhh, not really.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lose it for this year, but gain it back next year for the comp pick I thought?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Lose it for this year, but gain it back next year for the comp pick I thought?
From my understanding no it wouldn't be the same amount. It would be whatever slot is for that pick next year.

Say Appel slot is $3 million this year that whole $3 million wouldn't be available next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-13-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Ehhh, not really.
Pretty much what happened. Pirates overpaid to get prospects that otherwise wouldn't have signed. Boston was apparently pissed off about Bell, which I don't understand. If you wanted him, take him and offer more money, just like the Pirates did.

Small markets best strategy was to get better prospects that fell due to signing concerns. Easiest way to build a roster when they can't compete for huge free agents. If the Yankees can spend whatever they want on players, why should draft picks be limited? Stupid rule.

All logic says Appel still has to sign, but reports say he's not likely to. Gut feeling tells me he will, but only a few hours left to find out.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
From my understanding no it wouldn't be the same amount. It would be whatever slot is for that pick next year.

Say Appel slot is $3 million this year that whole $3 million wouldn't be available next year.
That's how I understood it. Theyll get more money built into their pool for whatever picks they have. S having the #9 pick will give them whatever slot if for that position to be added to their pool. So it kind of carries over, but just cause the pick does as well.