Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-14-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Flaherty must DIE!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taylor Teagarden? TAYLOR TEAGARDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ORIOLES MAGIC!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** you Michael.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
**** you Michael.

Just for you Brody

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-14-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cishek rapes righties. A FISH PITCHER DIDN'T BLOW A SAVE!!!!!!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great win for the Buccos. Cutchen is very good. Get to send out Burnett to try to win the series tomorrow. Definitely didn't think that was gonna happen when they were down 4-2.

Still no Marte. He needs to be up. A utility infielder is starting everyday at LF while out best prospect plays in AAA. Slowest organization at promoting players.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alcides nuts, Jake Peavy?
Old 07-15-2012, 02:08 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see Lincecum have a great game. Hopefully he can come back to decent.

Also lol at the Dodgers finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:29 AM    (permalink
wojo
Rookie

wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Oh, and **** Alomar. Can't wait for his AIDS to kill him.
well **** you too
Old 07-15-2012, 04:14 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK about batting Frazier first but something definitely needs to be done as Votto is at the plate wayy too much with no one in scoring position/ob. Phillips should def bat second and if we get Quentin I hope to god he is put there. Wouldn't be opposed to getting Pierre to lead off if he comes relatively cheap.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:09 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any chance the Rangers would actually trade Profar?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if having potentially 3 first round picks and a lot of pool money next year might interest NH to trade for Jon Lester(who the Pirates have been linked to, but I doubt get) with a trade surrounding Taillon. I'd do it. Lester in the NL Central would be tooo good.

I hope they get Dempster. I see him being on the move within the next week.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I wonder if having potentially 3 first round picks and a lot of pool money next year might interest NH to trade for Jon Lester(who the Pirates have been linked to, but I doubt get) with a trade surrounding Taillon. I'd do it. Lester in the NL Central would be tooo good.
I don't think next year's draft will have any impact on what the Pirates do at the deadline this year. Also, I think you might be misunderstanding how the pool money works. Your failure to sign Appel doesn't give you any sort of advantage next year in regard to the pool money. You'll have more pool money because you now have an extra top 10 pick.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear, I think I have read a few outlets that said that the extra 2.9 million goes into the other draft. Imma have to look it up and read it again.

Edit: Maybe I read it wrong.

Last edited by Hines : 07-15-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I swear, I think I have read a few outlets that said that the extra 2.9 million goes into the other draft. Imma have to look it up and read it again.
AFAIK, you'll have extra money to only cover the slot amount of the extra pick(s) for next year. My understanding of this ridiculous system is that you add up all the slot amounts of all your picks (really just the first 10 rounds of picks but whatever) and that makes up your pool money. If you don't sign someone in the first 10 rounds, that slot amount is still deducted from your total pool amount. So there isn't even a benefit to not signing a top 10 round pick in this current draft. Definitely no advantage for next year too.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Pirates are "serious contenders" for Justin Upton according to Jayson Stark. Pirates are said to not part with Cole or Taillon, but I'm not sure just Marte and another player(s) will get it done.

If so, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. If they have to include Cole/Taillon? No.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pirates are "serious contenders" for Justin Upton according to Jayson Stark. Pirates are said to not part with Cole or Taillon, but I'm not sure just Marte and another player(s) will get it done.

If so, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. If they have to include Cole/Taillon? No.
If they don't have to give up Cole or Taillion something has to be wrong with Upton.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something doesn't feel right if the biggest pieces they want in return at Marte and Lincoln likely. I'd be excited to get Upton but I'd be worried about Zona giving him up so easily.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hes just fat

and he hates fans apparently, but I doubt he goes for anything like that, I want Profar :)

Old 07-15-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plenty of room left on the Ben Sheets bandwagon. Better hop on now.

(before he's hurt again)
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ned LaRussa batting Cain, Betancourt, and Frenchy 4, 5, 6 ahead of Moose Tacos and Sal Perez (7 & 8)... Wonder why this team is double digits below .500?
Old 07-15-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Pirates should bring up Marte for the simple fact of getting Jones out of the OF. His throw cost the Pirates today. Such a horrible ******* throw. Horrible D that one inning.

Sucks AJB got shafted of a great start because the Pirates can't throw or field a ******* ground ball.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Pedro has been absolutely horrid this series offensively and defensively.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Trade Upton for Profar :)
Young, Saunders, Drew, Bloomquist, Roberts for anything

C Montero
1B Goldschmidt
2B Hill
SS MacDonald
3B Wheeler
RF Parra
CF Pollock/Eaton
LF Kubel

Kennedy
Cahill
Miley
Bauer
Corbin

and slowly work on bringing back the 8 game lead the Padres have for the #1 pick

Last edited by fenikz : 07-15-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Lol Brandon Crawford. Has no baseball sense whatsoever. Go away clown.