Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-24-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Yes but I don't think anyone expected him to repeat that, was the main reason I didn't like the Kubel signing wanted to spend the money on a 3B. Most people believe a trade is already lined up just working out the details.
The Kubel signing has turned out okay there.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The Kubel signing has turned out okay there.
ha, ya it seems to be working out :)

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the Cardinals had scouts in Miami last night. I guarantee it's not for Josh Johnson though, Probably Randy Choate. At least that would be my guess.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami is a major disappointment to spend all that money in the off-season and now they are sellers at the deadline.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Miami is a major disappointment to spend all that money in the off-season and now they are sellers at the deadline.
It's a shame Buehrle won't get traded. I would give a lot for him to be wearing the Birds on bat.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rays-Angels talking about a trade that would send Hank Cogar, Peter Bourjos, and possibly Ervin Santana for James Shields. If that's what it took, the Pirates better get in on that.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
ha, ya it seems to be working out :)
He just needs to stay healthy and in good shape. Guy has always been prone to insane hot streaks, good to see him put it together for an extended period.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Rays-Angels talking about a trade that would send Hank Cogar, Peter Bourjos, and possibly Ervin Santana for James Shields. If that's what it took, the Pirates better get in on that.
I'm honestly not a big fan of Shields. Very, very hittable and has had high WHIP's in 3 of the last 4 years. Plus, the Rays are ran well and the last trade they did with the Halos was a gigantic butt raping

The BB/K ratio is great....and maybe going from the AL East to the AL West will help him IDK. I liked the first rumor of them potentialy getting Shields and Zobrist. Getting Zobrist would rule. Perfect #2 hitter in this lineup with his .380 OBP%
Old 07-24-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shields for that return still isn't anything you can argue about though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I'm sure there are a few players on every team where people say "why the **** are you still on the team!" but I really think Tyler Greene is the worst player in Major League baseball.

In 168 At bats he has 52 strikeouts, 13 walks, 36 hits, 8 doubles, 2 triples, 4 homers, 17 RBIs, .214 BA, .273 OBP, .357 SLG.

He has a career OBP of .296 and a career BA of .217 and SLG of .329 lol oh and an OPS of .624

And the worst part is, I think he's getting worse lol, He is 5 for his last 34 (.164 BA) and it's like the Cards know he's worthless, he only has 14 at bats this whole month. Been healthy for all of it.

I have no idea how he's still in pro ball. I could see if he was 19-20 year old kid, but the dude is almost 30 years old. I could also see if the Cards didn't have a backup Shortstop or 2nd baseman but they have Daniel Delscalso who has a better glove and a better bat. Why the **** do we need two backups to Furcal?

It's like the Cards are playing with a 24-man roster and they don't want to admit that Tyler is a 1st round bust. RELEASE him and call up Matt Adams already, I'd much rather have Adams' power potential off the bench than have the worthless Tyler Greene just wasting outs.

Sorry had to rant.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I'm sure there are a few players on every team where people say "why the **** are you still on the team!" but I really think Tyler Greene is the worst player in Major League baseball.

In 168 At bats he has 52 strikeouts, 13 walks, 36 hits, 8 doubles, 2 triples, 4 homers, 17 RBIs, .214 BA, .273 OBP, .357 SLG.

He has a career OBP of .296 and a career BA of .217 and SLG of .329 lol oh and an OPS of .624

And the worst part is, I think he's getting worse lol, He is 5 for his last 34 (.164 BA) and it's like the Cards know he's worthless, he only has 14 at bats this whole month. Been healthy for all of it.

I have no idea how he's still in pro ball. I could see if he was 19-20 year old kid, but the dude is almost 30 years old. I could also see if the Cards didn't have a backup Shortstop or 2nd baseman but they have Daniel Delscalso who has a better glove and a better bat. Why the **** do we need two backups to Furcal?

It's like the Cards are playing with a 24-man roster and they don't want to admit that Tyler is a 1st round bust. RELEASE him and call up Matt Adams already, I'd much rather have Adams' power potential off the bench than have the worthless Tyler Greene just wasting outs.

Sorry had to rant.
I see you that and match you Jason Bay who's making $16 million this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-24-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Shields for that return still isn't anything you can argue about though.
Oh, definitely. They aren't giving up any of their better prospects. Conger simply can't catch and a move is in his future(where his bat is even weaker)

the only thing I'll miss about Bourjos is that I really, really want Trout as the LFer going forward. CFers get more wear and tear on them and it's in the Angels best interests to keep Trout as healthy as possible and on the field as often as possible. I worry about him suffering nagging injuries with how hard he charges into walls. Bourjos would be a good sacrificial lamb out in CF while Trout stays injury free in LF
Old 07-24-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James McDonald has only drew one less walk than Clint Barmes this year. How pathetic is that?
Old 07-24-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ours is Ryan Raburn

208 PA .172/.227/.255
Old 07-24-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I hope JMac decides to stop sucking soon.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Sounds like Wandy is close to being a Pirate.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Also, it looks like Victorino could be heading to the Reds.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greinke just went yard.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Also, it looks like Victorino could be heading to the Reds.
Jesus Christ Seth, are you secretly Jon Heyman?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Gammons reported on WFAN that James Shields to the Cards for Shelby Miller. Not sure if this is a done deal or not.
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Does he get all his inside info from Boras also?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Gammons reported on WFAN that James Shields to the Cards for Shelby Miller. Not sure if this is a done deal or not.
Huh? Gammons was on WFAN at 4 and said that was a possibility but I'm not sure if that's where you're getting that from.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-24-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Huh? Gammons was on WFAN at 4 and said that was a possibility but I'm not sure if that's where you're getting that from.
Then nevermind. Some turd on another site is acting like its done. My bad, on my cell. Haven't actually listened to it yet.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
I'm better than him.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Then nevermind. Some turd on another site is acting like its done. My bad, on my cell. Haven't actually listened to it yet.
No problem. Didn't know what you to get excited or mad.

sig by BoneKrusher