Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-24-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Astros won that trade. I don't blame the Pirates at all for pulling the trigger though, they needed to do something.

Cards beat up on Kershaw tonight. 5.2 ip, 8 ER.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stupid ass Garrett Richards. Lots of scouts at the game to watch his start today and he's stinking up the joint vs the Royals crap offense

luckily, the scouts will probably note that he is showing good stuff, so hopefully they ignore the results. He has such pisspoor control due to his goofy ass pitching mechanics. Trade him for a SP please
Old 07-24-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Roberts to Tampa. Boo. Would have liked him on our bench. Jeff Baker and Rick Ankiel now!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Twins get awesome starting pitching once every god damn blue moon and the bull pen gives up 9.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how Garrett Richards would get you much in return.

Hines, Ankiel's bat is pretty much worthless now, but I'd take him for his Defense and that arm. Still amazes me that he can throw a laser for a strike from the outfield to home plate or 3rd or where ever, but he can't throw it within 10 feet of the strike zone from 60 feet 6 inches.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rangers bats are pathetic.
Are they all drowsy or on bad drugs?

Nice work by Nathan to walk 2 guys in the 9th.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Brian Fuentes probably joining the Cardinals either this week or sometime next week.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I don't see how Garrett Richards would get you much in return.

Hines, Ankiel's bat is pretty much worthless now, but I'd take him for his Defense and that arm. Still amazes me that he can throw a laser for a strike from the outfield to home plate or 3rd or where ever, but he can't throw it within 10 feet of the strike zone from 60 feet 6 inches.
I believe it, but he has more of a chance to hit the ball than Gorkys ******* Hernandez.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Just realized that the Reds are on a 13-2 run. Reminds me of the Brewers run last year when they went 27-5.

Probably the best team in the National League. If Stubbs or Rolen ever get it together that team could be scary good, and it looks like Scott has been heating up a bit. And they have a 2-headed monster in the rotation, plus that Bullpen might be illegal.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Astros probably did 'win' the trade, but the Pirates rotation looks very good for this year and next. Definitely a move worth making, especially when the farm system was stocked with arms and the Pirates have plenty of early picks.

Love the move, just hope it's not the last one. Gotta get something else in the lineup to keep pace with Cincy. Theyve been so good even without Votto in the lineup.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Astros probably did 'win' the trade, but the Pirates rotation looks very good for this year and next. Definitely a move worth making, especially when the farm system was stocked with arms and the Pirates have plenty of early picks.

Love the move, just hope it's not the last one. Gotta get something else in the lineup to keep pace with Cincy. Theyve been so good even without Votto in the lineup.

Yeah I don't see either the Cards or Pirates catching the Reds in the division. Be awesome if both teams won the WC though.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Pirates still only 2.5 games out and a few games to wiggle in the playoffs is pretty solid. Never would expect that. I think the Pirates sweep the Astros and it'll make this Cubs series sting a lot less. Then they play both again and should win both series. The Reds-Pirates series to start August should be a pretty good one.. If the Pirates are still in it, their last two home series against Cincy and Atlanta could mean the division.

I want to make the playoffs, but just breaking the streak and moving forward and keep moving up would be my ideal goal.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Also, Lance Berkman got hit right on the knee today in the 2nd inning. Could possibly be it for Lance, he struggled even walking to first base. (Had surgery on that same knee about a month ago)

Great Great career.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, that Brewers pen has been awful lately.

And Carlos Ruiz has been unreal. I really underrated him.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Man, that Brewers pen has been awful lately.

And Carlos Ruiz has been unreal. I really underrated him.
Brewers pen has been awful all season.

Crazy, they went from have 2 stud closers, to having no closer at all.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pablo is hurt

Old 07-24-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Brewers pen has been awful all season.

Crazy, they went from have 2 stud closers, to having no closer at all.
A lot of closers died this year: Wilson, Bell, Rivera, Walden, Axford, Motte, Bailey, Broxton, whatever Boston ran out there. Prolly a bunch I'm forgetting.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Pablo is hurt
More ABs for Belt.

Freakin Volquez is dealin tonight.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A lot of closers died this year: Wilson, Bell, Rivera, Walden, Axford, Motte, Bailey, Broxton, whatever Boston ran out there. Prolly a bunch I'm forgetting.
Motte died? Broxton's been dead for longer than just this season, Bailey is Boston's guy...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Don't you dare put Motte in that group.

dude is 21/25 in Save opportunities. Has a 2.85 ERA, 0.98 Whip and 42 strikeouts in 41 innings and just 12 walks.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Fair enough lol.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Holy ****. Great ******* play in SF.

Brody, I'm sorry I rustled your jimmies earlier. Was all in jest my friend.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You were my first bro here Borat, just before ATL. WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE FRIENDS, YOU KILLED EVERYTHING.

On another note, Jeff Francoeur sucks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You were my first bro here Borat, just before ATL. WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE FRIENDS, YOU KILLED EVERYTHING.
Haha. Really? I always remember you posting nasty pictures of the 2002 WS boil my blood. And you hated me cause I don't take SABR as the gospel. But you did help foster my Sabean hate so that was cool.

I haven't said anything about the Turner trade, which you could consider a nice gesture.

Bros again?

Old 07-25-2012, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carlos Ruiz transforming from a guaranteed ground-out, double-play guy at the bottom of the batting order to what he is today....is simply astounding.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote