Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-27-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the Dodgers have "some interest" in Justin Morneau. If I were the Twins I would give him away if they would take that contract.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
No one is taking Crawford's contract.
Never say never, I mean, there's still air in Sabean's lungs.

Jim Bowden thinks Liriano to Baltimore, Dempster to Dodgers, Yunel Escobar to A's.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Jim Bowden thinks Liriano to Baltimore, Dempster to Dodgers, Yunel Escobar to A's.
Corey thinks Jim Bowden is an idiot.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Bowden thinks a lot of things and unfortunately isn't afraid to share them.

He once Tweeted that his favorite cereal was Corn Flakes and he's thinking of growing a goatee.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Corey thinks Jim Bowden is an idiot.
Borat agrees with Corey.

Those were the "insider" rumors he was passing along. He said the Liriano trade would involve Matusz or Arrieta.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And how do those guys rank on his OPSBI leaderboard? Damn that will never get old.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Bowden's false rumors are almost as funny as his "scouting report" videos on ESPN.com. He just comes off so awkward and dorky in those little 2 minute videos where he breaks down prospects using the 20-80 scale
Old 07-27-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Six homers already in the Cards/cubs game. Cards have 5 of them. It's only the 5th inning.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Rizzo is too much awesome for one man.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mlbtr says teams would give the Pirates 2 major league bats for Hanrahan.

If that's true, get the deal done. We have plenty of quality bullpen pitchers. Let someone give us quality bats for Hanrahan.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Mlbtr says teams would give the Pirates 2 major league bats for Hanrahan.

If that's true, get the deal done. We have plenty of quality bullpen pitchers. Let someone give us quality bats for Hanrahan.
While I do agree, I don't think he's getting traded before the deadline. He'll be the perfect candidate to get traded in the winter.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Anthony Rizzo is too much awesome for one man.
One of my fantasy baseball man crushes.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grienke to the Angels. No other names are being thrown around.

Edit: Jean Segura and two minor league pitchers.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you kidding me Angels? Seriously I thought Disney lost the farm on John Carter?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Segura, Hellweg, and Ariel Pena for Grink. Nice deal for the Brewers.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Grienke to the Angels. No other names are being thrown around.

Edit: Jean Segura and two minor league pitchers.
Hats off to the Angels for showing up the Rangers. I don't know why the Rangers failed to land him. Major screw up that I expect will bite them in the ass.

Maybe they think they can sign him in the offseason. Doubt it.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hats off to the Angels for showing up the Rangers. I don't know why the Rangers failed to land him. Major screw up that I expect will bite them in the ass.
They understandably wouldn't give up Olt.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Maybe they think they can sign him in the offseason. Doubt it.
Because giving up Profar or Olt would have been stupid.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-27-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Because giving up Profar or Olt would have been stupid.
Because of course that's what was being demanded, right?
Old 07-27-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
They understandably wouldn't give up Olt.
I would've given up Olt for Grienke. I would give him up for Josh Johnson too.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
What else?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-27-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not Profar, but the Brewers were asking for Olt, and when they said no Milwaukee moved on to the Angels
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Not Profar, but the Brewers were asking for Olt, and when they said no Milwaukee moved on to the Angels
Did they Rangers really say No when they asked for Olt? Seems like he's the bait they are using for Josh Johnson, but the Marlins want Profar.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
You're right. I just found this:

http://www.bbtia.com/home/2012/7/27/...-mike-olt.html

Zack Greinke To The Angels; Rangers Said 'No' On Mike Olt

I guess we are hurting at 1B enough to want to keep him, but everyone knows that pitching is what's been hurting the Rangers. Feliz can't get healthy soon enough!

That Angels rotation is sick sick sick! Weaver, Haren, Greinke. In the playoffs, all you need is 3.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not as big on Olt. He's a 24 year old in AA with a 24% K%. Obviously he has insane power, but with Beltre locked up for I think 3 more years, I would have pulled the trigger if I was Texas

In any case, won't lie, was surprised by this. FIgured that they had no chance of getting Greinke if the Rangers really wanted him. Sounds like I was right since the Brewers only turned to the Halos once Texas balked at giving up Olt.

They really need to get an extension done with Greinke. If they do, then the deal is amazing. Segura had nowhere to play here with Aybar/Kendrick locked up for 4 years each and Hellweg is a 24 year old in AA with huge command issues and is likely a RP in the end. Pena has the upside to be a #2/#3 starter though, which hurts. Again, if they lock up Greinke though, the loss of Pena is irrelevant.

Overall, I'm good with the deal, but they NEED to lock him up because their farm is gutted now with the graduation of Trout and Richards + the loss of Segura/Hellweg/Pena. Oh well though, they have some guys at the lower levels who have room for growth