Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-13-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Chapman should be the NL CY Young.
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
A.n.y.o.n.e?
Honestly, I don't understand the luxury cap in baseball all that well. But, I think you're on the right track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
3 years $42 to $45 million or is that way too low?
Too high. Average to slightly above average D, solid power and speed but not amazing, and average at getting on base. He isn't all that great.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
No.
Go on....
Stark makes a great argument.
What is yours?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Go on....
What is yours?
He's a reliever, I just never like them winning awards. Both he and Kimbrel are having exceptional years, but I just hate giving the award to a reliever.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-13-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's a reliever, I just never like them winning awards. Both he and Kimbrel are having exceptional years, but I just hate giving the award to a reliever.
Despite his numbers being better than most starters?
I mean, ERA is obviously easier to have lower. But his actual K numbers compared to most starters is ridiculous.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-13-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Despite his numbers being better than most starters?
I mean, ERA is obviously easier to have lower. But his actual K numbers compared to most starters is ridiculous.
It's easier to have a higher K rate than starters as a reliever, because you don't have to balance your stuff across longer periods of time. Not that what he's doing isn't insane, just saying.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-13-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
It's easier to have a higher K rate than starters as a reliever, because you don't have to balance your stuff across longer periods of time. Not that what he's doing isn't insane, just saying.
I wasn't saying K rate. I was saying the sheer number of strikeouts in such a limited amount of time. Not to forget the low amount of walks.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-13-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wasn't saying K rate. I was saying the sheer number of strikeouts in such a limited amount of time. Not to forget the low amount of walks.
So you aren't saying K Rate, just the rate of K's? Got it.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Old 08-13-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
So you aren't saying K Rate, just the rate of K's? Got it.
No what I am saying is just the number of strike outs is incredible for any pitcher at this point.

If you read the article I posted that started this, you would see this:
"Bet you didn't know that Chapman has more strikeouts than the Opening Day starters for 11 teams or that he has struck out more hitters than two pitchers who made the All-Star team (Matt Harrison, Wade Miley), as well as Vogelsong or that he would lead four teams in strikeouts (A's, Royals, Blue Jays, Rockies). "

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-13-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No what I am saying is just the number of strike outs is incredible for any pitcher at this point.

If you read the article I posted that started this, you would see this:
"Bet you didn't know that Chapman has more strikeouts than the Opening Day starters for 11 teams or that he has struck out more hitters than two pitchers who made the All-Star team (Matt Harrison, Wade Miley), as well as Vogelsong or that he would lead four teams in strikeouts (A's, Royals, Blue Jays, Rockies). "
I did. I noticed that. But I was just pointing out what you said, and that was that you weren't talking about K Rate, you were just talking about the sheer number of K's in a limited amount of time, aka the rate at which he strikes out opponents, aka the K Rate.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-13-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
I did. I noticed that. But I was just pointing out what you said, and that was that you weren't talking about K Rate, you were just talking about the sheer number of K's in a limited amount of time, aka the rate at which he strikes out opponents, aka the K Rate.
I was saying he has a **** ton of strikeouts (an actual number) in a very little amount of time (57 innings). But not the actual K/9.
Because he could easily just have a 27 K/9 with only a few IP.
So I was talking the raw numbers. Not the rate, which the raw numbers are used for.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-13-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade Miley is more deserving of being CY than Chapman

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The numbers are incredible, he is ridiculous, but no I will never believe in giving an award like the Cy Young to a closer. There would have to be literally no deserving starter for me to even consider it.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Go on....
What is yours?
No pitcher under the guide of Dusty Baker is allowed to win a Cy Young. Its in the CBA.

That and no one is dismissing is mind boggling numbers, that being said he's not in the discussion for Cy Young. To date he's 4-4 with 28 saves. Those numbers are not mind boggling. Without going any forward with numbers, putting Chapman in this discussion is an absolute slap in the face to Johnny Cueto

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
No pitcher under the guide of Dusty Baker is allowed to win a Cy Young. Its in the CBA.

That and no one is dismissing is mind boggling numbers, that being said he's not in the discussion for Cy Young. To date he's 4-4 with 28 saves. Those numbers are not mind boggling. Without going any forward with numbers, putting Chapman in this discussion is an absolute slap in the face to Johnny Cueto
Oh come on. Even I know not to use wins.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-13-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Only strike outs!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-13-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Only strike outs!
Or any of the other millions of categories Chapman is just insane in.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-13-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh come on. Even I know not to use wins.
Seriously?????

All you see about Cueto is wins????

I can't talk to you.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Seriously?????

All you see about Cueto is wins????

I can't talk to you.
Oh boy....

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-13-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

He is talking about the lack of wins for Chapman, dawg. But even with his insane strikeout numbers, he still only has 28 saves. He has been dominant, but he is absolutely not a Cy Young winner.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-13-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
He is talking about the lack of wins for Chapman, dawg. But even with his insane strikeout numbers, he still only has 28 saves. He has been dominant, but he is absolutely not a Cy Young winner.
He wasn't saving early for us. He was set up.
So if you are conservative and only give him the saves Marshall had, 9, he goes up to 37. I know it doesn't count but he hasn't been closing all season.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-13-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
3 years $42 to $45 million or is that way too low?
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
At least 11mm every year for whatever length in contract.

Age, CF, defense, home run and stolen bases make money. Upton's stiff competition is Shane Victorino who is 4 years older but obviously better.

I can see Victorino gets 4 year for up to 50mm with last year option.

I thought 3/27-3/30.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was saying he has a **** ton of strikeouts (an actual number) in a very little amount of time (57 innings). But not the actual K/9.
Because he could easily just have a 27 K/9 with only a few IP.
So I was talking the raw numbers. Not the rate, which the raw numbers are used for.
He does not have a **** ton of strikeouts overall, though. He has an absolutely absurd K/9, but not a ridiculous amount of strikeouts. There are over 50 pitchers in the majors with more strikeouts than him.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since the Cubs have absolutely nothing going for them this year I am starting the Darwin Barney for Gold Glove campaign. 100 straight games with no errors!

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Lost in the ZOMG CHAPMAN HAS INSANE NUMBERS, is the number 4 in regards to his 4 Blown Saves.

Fernando Rodney has been far superior in the closing role then Chapman.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote: