Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-17-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
The Orioles have a winning season.

THE ORIOLES HAVE A WINNING SEASON!
Assuming the Pirates follow, who will then hold the current streak for most consecutive losing seasons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looked it up myself for each of the big four leagues. Anyone interested? Doubt it.

MLB: Kansas City Royals, 2003
NBA: Minnesota Timberwolves, 2004-05
NFL: Buffalo Bills, 2004; Oakland Raiders, 2002*
NHL: New York Islanders, 2006-07; Columbus Blue Jackets, never**

Assuming the Pirates hold on and finish the year with a winning record, the Royals will become the title holder in MLB. Even if the Pirates end up with a losing record, the Royals aren't much better in recent history. Since the Pirates began their streak in 1993, the Royals have only had two winning seasons, 1993 and 2003, and in both years they were outscored.

The Timberwolves have been nothing short of horrendous since their streak began, posting a sub .300 winning percentage over the last 8 seasons. Believe it or not, that is actually worse than the Bobcats in that time span. Speaking of which, if it weren't for the Bobcats barely managing a winning seasons in 09-10 they would hold record in the NBA.

Going by strictly sub .500 seasons, the Bills hold the current streak in the NFL. However, Raiders haven't had a winning season since 2002 but they've gone 8-8 in the past two years.

The NHL is wacky because of overtime losses. If you go by Points Percentage, the Islanders hold the streak for the NHL, with their last above .500 season coming in 2006-07.

However, The Blue Jackets have never had a season with more wins than losses/overtime losses. Including overtime losses, they went 41-41 in 2008-09, however they had a Points Percentage above .500.

Going strictly by sub .500 seasons with the combined loss criteria, the Maple Leafs and Islanders have yet to have a winning season in the post lockout NHL. I could use this same criteria to look back before the lockout but then I would have to factor in ties and that would just take too long and get even more confusing and stupid.

Basically, the Islanders stink and the Blue Jackets have never done anything in the NHL, pre or post lockout.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, this ought to go over well Yunel. What a promising career that you turned into a giant sack of monkey crap. You've pretty much pissed it all away. By the way, loser, nobody likes you. You're the last guy to be putting slurs on your eye-black.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:27 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post

Well, this ought to go over well Yunel. What a promising career that you turned into a giant sack of monkey crap. You've pretty much pissed it all away. By the way, loser, nobody likes you. You're the last guy to be putting slurs on your eye-black.
This is so wrong yet so funny. The idea that someone would write this on their face like bathroom graffiti is hilarious to me.

Quote:
Old 09-18-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was in Toronto, correct? Good move there since they have no mexicans

Billy Ripken approves of this

Old 09-18-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post

I have that baseball card. I had a box of cards from that year, and most of that card had the bat edited out, but 1 of em had the "**** face". Kind of a valuable card around card shops and what not actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post

Did it as a joke? What a putz!
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post

Wrong Billy. Billy Martin of Topps' 1972 tops that.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God, my fantasy team just went to **** right in the middle of the playoffs. First Corey Hart, then Kershaw, and now Max Scherzer? What did I do to deserve this?!

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate to put a damper on all your research, but there's no way the Pirates are going to finish .500. Look at their schedule, and then think about the fact that they've been among the worst teams in the league since against first. JMac taken out of the rotation, Karstens hurt, the bats stopped playing above their levels. Wandy has been solid, but that's about it.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jon Jay is a gold glover.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Timmy is obviously back on the weed

Old 09-19-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I approve of anything The Alex does ever.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Timmy is obviously back on the weed

I saw this live on Saturday. Me and a friend were cracking up.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:37 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GOLD GLOVER Vernon Wells displayed his incredible range in the OF tonight

Look at how graceful he looks out there. It's like poetry in motion. Almost got to the ball(heh heh) that was at least 10 feet over the fence and nowhere near him when he fell into the crowd but hey

Old 09-19-2012, 02:49 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are Baltimore and Seattle serious right now? Jesus christ why is baseball still happening at 3 AM?!?!?!?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:54 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I can't believe I actually stayed up to watch that nonsense. Now I'm reminded again WHY I hate the Mariners

Angels might be better off hoping the A's start to fade. They have a much tougher schedule. O's seem like some team of destiny crap where they win every 1 run game and come back late in every game and win EVERY extra inning game. They also play much easier teams down the stretch.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:57 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's your top 3-5 MVP candidates from both leagues?
Old 09-19-2012, 03:06 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Cabrera has the AL MVP locked up now I'd say...or at least he's got a comfortable lead

Trout has leveled off lately(expected), and Mcab is dominating in September which the voters get boners for. Granted, he's highly deserving as he's just been ridiculous and is basically carrying Detroit right now in hopes of them getting the division title. He's only 2 or 3 HR away from being the Triple Crown leader. Can't argue with that

the other candidates in the AL? Well, Josh Hamilton or now lately, Adrian Beltre. I could see them finishing 3rd-4th each.

NL I don't see how you don't give it to Braun. Votto was looking like an early favorite but the injury killed his chances. McCutchen is in the mix but he's cooled down and the Pirates have spiraled downhill as a team so that's gonna effectively kill his chances

so yeah, Braun the runaway winner for the NL, the rest can be filled out with Buster Posey, McCutchen and TODD FRAZIER
Old 09-19-2012, 03:33 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Braun isn't even the favorite IMO. Gun to my head, I think I would go.....

1. Buster Posey
2. Ryan Braun
3. Andrew McCutchen
4. Yadier Molina

Clearly this changes if Braun or McCutchen can get his team into the playoffs. As sad as that is, you better believe it's still one of the major things voters look at when voting on an MVP, if his team made the playoffs. It's why Ryan Howard won it over Pujols in 2006, and why Braun won it over Kemp last season.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:45 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

If a players been injured all year and comes back two weeks before the end of the season, is he illegible for the postseason roster?
Old 09-19-2012, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
If a players been injured all year and comes back two weeks before the end of the season, is he illegible for the postseason roster?
As long as he was on the DL, yes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trout/Miggy and Posey/Braun.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Orioles called up Dylan Bundy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The Orioles called up Dylan Bundy.
Sounds like they are only going to pitch him in an emergency. They need cover after 18 innings yesterday and he's already on the 40 man.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote