Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-07-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
A's sweep the Astros, although I think just about everyone will sweep the Astros this year.
Is it possible the Astros get swept in more series than they don't this year?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Anything is possible.

Personally I think it is a race to who can **** their pants more between the Astros and Marlins.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I don't know, but it will definitely happen a lot. They only have a few position players that are actually worthy of starting. The rest are either young guys with major question marks or journeymen who should be bench players. Whatever the record for team strikeouts in a season is, these guys are going to demolish it.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you have such a bad team?
Old 04-07-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Anything is possible.

Personally I think it is a race to who can **** their pants more between the Astros and Marlins.
Don't count out the Cubs, either.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Don't count out the Cubs, either.
I don't think the Cubs are THAT bad....plus, they finally cut the cord that is Carlos Marmol. So they shouldn't be quite in Marlins and Astros territory, which I guess is a complement.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:31 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I don't think the Cubs are THAT bad....plus, they finally cut the cord that is Carlos Marmol. So they shouldn't be quite in Marlins and Astros territory, which I guess is a complement.
No, the Cubs are that bad. They are an offensive embarrassment. The only thing keeping them out of last place in nearly all offensive categories is Pittsburgh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
No, the Cubs are that bad. They are an offensive embarrassment. The only thing keeping them out of last place in nearly all offensive categories is Pittsburgh.
Agreed. The only hope is if Vitters can come up and be competent. This is not very likely. With Barney back we should have another capable hitter. Schierholtz has been pretty good this far as well.

DeJesus
Castro
Rizzo
Soriano
Castillo
Schierholtz
Barney
3rdBaseman who will be bad no matter what.
Pitcher

That line-up isn't awful, but it still is not good. However, the starting pitching has been good, barring Scott Feldman he will be first out when/if Garza get's back, and hopefully the Pen will stop blowing games they can win.

I like this team more than I originally thought I would and think they can flirt with 75 wins but more likely 70. That won't be bad enough to be last place.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I like this team more than I originally thought I would and think they can flirt with 75 wins but more likely 70. That won't be bad enough to be last place.
I originally predicted 70 wins. But that was when I thought the Pirates would be less horrible. I'm bumping the prediction to 73.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 04-08-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cubs just find a way to shoot themselves in the foot every game. They got some talent, but they just make the wrong mistakes that cost them games. Also no bullpen hurts.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Cubs just find a way to shoot themselves in the foot every game. They got some talent, but they just make the wrong mistakes that cost them games. Also no bullpen hurts.
Outside of Marmol, I think they have a capable bullpen. Fujikawa, Russell, and Camp have proven to be above average. I also like the Rule 5 in Rondon and Bowden hasn't been awful. We could also see Vizcaino this year and that would bolster the bullpen as well.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was worried typing that post because I didnt have much of a sample size to go with. haven't seen much of their pen, but when I did they ****** it up.

Vizcaino kid is a beast, one of the best power curves you will ever see. You guys should move him back to the starting rotation. Either that or use him as a closer. That is if he comes back throwing heaters again.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I was worried typing that post because I didnt have much of a sample size to go with. haven't seen much of their pen, but when I did they ****** it up.

Vizcaino kid is a beast, one of the best power curves you will ever see. You guys should move him back to the starting rotation. Either that or use him as a closer. That is if he comes back throwing heaters again.
I think the Cubs want him as a starter. However, many scouts don't think he has the ability to throw that many pitches in a season and see him as a reliever only. Elbows aint nothing to mess with.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Vizzy ends up a high leverage reliever. I don't think he'll hold up as a starter. If the Cubs can find a way to land Appel in the draft, I think they're well on their way to having a good pitching staff, though.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish the Dodgers could play the Pirates every game. Sorry Hines.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cheer up, they play the Marlins in a few weeks.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-08-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

No me gusta Edwin Jackson. I feel like he will frustrate me for a long time.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, series sweep #2 vs. the Cubs is well underway...

On the plus side, the Brewers weren't able to get all the way back to the top of the order in the top of the 1st, so that's encouraging for Edwin.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

It's really lame that you can't listen to MLB games online.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 04-08-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's really lame that you can't listen to MLB games online.
You can... its called MLB.tv
Old 04-08-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
No me gusta Edwin Jackson. I feel like he will frustrate me for a long time.
Frustration is the title of his career. E-Jax literally can pitch with anyone on any day. He can make batters look foolish with his stuff. Unfortunately, consistency has never really part of his stuff either.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-08-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You can... its called MLB.tv
Don't I need to pay for that though?

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 04-08-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember watching MLB.tv for free back in the day, it was awesome.

Also, way to go Edwin! Out of the 2nd inning and haven't hit 50 pitches yet. Thatta boy!

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Don't I need to pay for that though?
Yeah. I think its only 20 bucks for just audio though. I forget.

Anyways, I LOVE BEEF! Hope Castillo has a break out year.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Mushtaq23
Rookie

Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah. I think its only 20 bucks for just audio though. I forget.

Anyways, I LOVE BEEF! Hope Castillo has a break out year.
Yeah 20 bucks for the full version of the At Bat app which includes home and away audio of every game (on iPhone/ipad and PC).
Mushtaq23 is offline   Reply With Quote