Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-01-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We were a good team in 06,07, and 08. So yes this is the 5th year in which we blow donkey *****. Not every franchise in baseball considers it a down year if you don't win the WS.
Well you could win your division once in a while.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyway... GF, tell me more about Noah Syndgaard (or some variation of that spelling). Is he going to quickly follow Harvey and Wheeler up to the majors?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well you could win your division once in a while.
Blahhh wild cards are way more fun.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geez, if we can get Eazyb and Tampa2 back it will be a full on MLB thread reunion.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Anyway... GF, tell me more about Noah Syndgaard (or some variation of that spelling). Is he going to quickly follow Harvey and Wheeler up to the majors?
He's still pretty far away as he's only in High A right now. 6'6 with a huge frame and a plus fastball usually sitting mid 90's. His secondary pitches are a big concern right now. He threw a slider and scrapped it and now throws a get me over CB at about mid 70's. For him to be anything more than average will depend on how he develops that breaking pitch.

Depending on whom you read he'll never be able to because his large frame makes him fall behind his body and he gets poor wrist action on the breaker. He's done well this year having just 1 really bad start and has since picked it up since then.

I don't think we're going to see how his development goes until he hits AA later this year or next year. Best case scenario he develops a plus breaker and is a #2. Worst case is middle relief Jon Rauch style.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-01-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Geez, if we can get Eazyb and Tampa2 back it will be a full on MLB thread reunion.
Well you've dissapeared also lately.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-01-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well you've dissapeared also lately.
Yeah, I was in Cabo for 8 glorious days. Greatest week of my life. Also I feel bad because Giants gave me 2 in 3 years and it feels wrong to gloat at this point.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's still pretty far away as he's only in High A right now. 6'6 with a huge frame and a plus fastball usually sitting mid 90's. His secondary pitches are a big concern right now. He threw a slider and scrapped it and now throws a get me over CB at about mid 70's. For him to be anything more than average will depend on how he develops that breaking pitch.

Depending on whom you read he'll never be able to because his large frame makes him fall behind his body and he gets poor wrist action on the breaker. He's done well this year having just 1 really bad start and has since picked it up since then.

I don't think we're going to see how his development goes until he hits AA later this year or next year. Best case scenario he develops a plus breaker and is a #2. Worst case is middle relief Jon Rauch style.
I drafted him in my farm dynasty league along with a few other folks. Farm system includes: Javier Baez, Syngaard, Felipe Paulino (injury stash), Hak Ju Lee, and a few other guys you will know about in 2 years when they're coming up from the minors

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-01-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I drafted him in my farm dynasty league along with a few other folks. Farm system includes: Javier Baez, Syngaard, Felipe Paulino (injury stash), Hak Ju Lee, and a few other guys you will know about in 2 years when they're coming up from the minors
Sounds like a nice little collection. For the Mets keep an eye out on Rafael Montero. He's in AA this year has excellent command with very good stuff. Should be up at some point next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-01-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Someone else has Montero. The league is awesome. 15 teams, 50 players per team. 42 "major leaguers", 8 farm. Keeper auction league with a contract system. Probably the best collection of fantasy talent I've encountered, and a great group of guys.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring Tampa back.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Someone else has Montero. The league is awesome. 15 teams, 50 players per team. 42 "major leaguers", 8 farm. Keeper auction league with a contract system. Probably the best collection of fantasy talent I've encountered, and a great group of guys.
Would love to have a league like that if everyone is serious. It's very tough to get into a league with people who are committed to such an in depth league.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-01-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

It is a bad-ass league. We actually travel for a full day in person auction every year. I went to Detroit last year. Next year is Orlando, and the year after is DC. We will probably hit Vegas in 2016. Pretty fun, actually.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That's amazing!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-01-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
They moved him up from 8th earlier in the season and he actually started to hit better in the 2 slot.
.257/.293/.386.

You don't put that in the 2 slot. And screw you bsaza, you lucky bastard.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Wait, screw me why? I know I'm awesome... Just want to know which facet results in the screw-job?

Old 05-01-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wait, screw me why? I know I'm awesome... Just want to know which facet results in the screw-job?
It was tongue in cheek.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-01-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is a bad-ass league. We actually travel for a full day in person auction every year. I went to Detroit last year. Next year is Orlando, and the year after is DC. We will probably hit Vegas in 2016. Pretty fun, actually.
One of these things is not like the other.....
Old 05-01-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

About 1/3 of the league lives in Detroit area. 2 guys live in Florida, 1 in Vegas, and the rest in DC or East Coast. Historically, everyone would always travel to DC for the draft. That is a bit unfair to everyone else, so we agreed to move around every other year or so to make it a little more equitable.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I work in Detroit, why can't I be invited? HUH BSAZA?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-01-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

We had a full league and you didn't ask beforehand. Also, you smell

Old 05-01-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gomez and Betancourt go back-to-back for the Brewers...trying to sweep the Pirates

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gomez this year's Melky??

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Gomez and Betancourt go back-to-back for the Brewers...trying to sweep the Pirates
Not if John Axford has anything to do about it.
the_legend_killer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We didn't get swept by the Marlins thankfully but I was worried about it.

sig by BoneKrusher