Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-30-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Middlebrooks aint doing much better in AAA....
Yeah, his K/BB is horrendous. A Bogaerts/Drew tandem would be preferable at this point, but Bogaerts has played so little 3B at this point that we can't count on that transition going smoothly right away. Drew is always a liability to go down as well. Hopefully Middlebrooks can fix whatever isn't working for him, but I'm certainly not counting on it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know about the 3 specs the White Sox got (Wendelken, Montas & Rondon)?
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember when I said Grant Green would be a terrible pick during that draft. Ah good times.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Angels doing a great job to help secure a top 10 pick. Need to make sure they get one so when they overpay another FA, they won't have to worry about losing that draft pick!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You aren't getting Rodon.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-31-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Does anyone know about the 3 specs the White Sox got (Wendelken, Montas & Rondon)?
Montas is probably the most interesting. 100+ on the gun in stints but with very little in the way of command. He's still young though, so there's some time to see if he can develop. Probably a relief prospect long term.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You aren't getting Rodon.
They aren't getting the Tigers Rondon if that's what you're saying. There is a SS in Boston's system named Rondon, those were the three names I saw.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was talking about Carlos Rodon, who will in all likelyhood be the top pick in next year's MLB draft

Halos have no shot at passing Houston or Miami so obviously they have no chance WAY TO STATE THE OBVIOUS Brody
Old 07-31-2013, 05:09 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
He was talking about Carlos Rodon, who will in all likelyhood be the top pick in next year's MLB draft

Halos have no shot at passing Houston or Miami so obviously they have no chance WAY TO STATE THE OBVIOUS Brody
He is the only reason to tank, boy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-31-2013, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trea Turner is going to be a steal for someone in the top 10 next year also. I'm hoping we tank enough to have a shot at him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:56 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Pretty good deal for the Sox. Sad to see Iglesias go while things are finally coming together for him(albeit he's trending down in a bad way), but he's clearly not going to hit this way forever and we need the starting pitching. He's a real treat to watch in the field though. I'll miss seeing the things he's able to do there on a night to night basis. Hopefully he settles in nicely in Detroit and keep improving as a hitter.

Really seems apparent that Bogaerts will be coming up soon to play either third or short. That situation will be interesting. Middlebrooks looked extremely overmatched this season and I've been kind of rooting against him in AAA the past month or so because Bogaerts is so close as well. It would be nice to have both of them going now. Bogaerts is a better long-term fit at 3B, but most of what I've read over the years(especially recently) seems to suggest that he may be able to play shortstop for the first few years of his career.
I am with you here... Listening to some of the outrage from some of the other people is just laughable.

As others have previously mentioned Iggy was nothing more than a great defender. When pressed into full time duty his numbers have started to tail off to where everyone expect him to be.

Would I like to keep him? Your damn right I would but the fact is we have Bogaerts who is actually quieting critics with his defense this season and Middlebrooks who AT WORST hits as good as Iglesias.

Its a solid deal and one that is actually quite a bit in our favor. I was scared shitless coming into yesterday and today that we were going to see Bogaerts or JBJ traded but luckily that doesn't look like its even in the realm of possibilities now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Middlebrooks can't even hit AAA pitching right now. They flat-out don't have a third baseman.

I'm guessing they refused to trade Bogaerts for Lee/Young. Kind of understandable, but I don't think they take back trading Hanley Ramirez and Anibal Sanchez and taking on that awful (at the time) Mike Lowell contract to get Josh Beckett...so why wouldn't they make a similar move?
This is not even close to the same thing. They traded Hanley and got a 25 year old Ace, an older but solid MIF and a 3B that was forced on the Sox because the Marlins didn't want to pay him.

In no way am I jeopardizing our future for an over the hill 3B (although I do love Young) and a 32 year old pitchers making 25 million with a 12.5 million buyout.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Indians got scrabble? Nice.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
He is the only reason to tank, boy.
The Angels farm system sucks so much ass. I'll just be happy that they actually have a 1st round pick for once
Old 07-31-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
The Angels farm system sucks so much ass. I'll just be happy that they actually have a 1st round pick for once
You know when we give out horrid contracts/take them on, we actually win. Just tossing that out there.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-31-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, who wants Justin Morneau?

Anyone?

*Sigh*
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When fist pumps go bad....

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
You know when we give out horrid contracts/take them on, we actually win. Just tossing that out there.
that worked out for the Halos for a while, not much anymore

Also phew, Padres get Ian Kennedy. Helped the Halos dodge a bullet there
Old 07-31-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Angels will be sorry. lol.

What is up with Michael Young? Does he need a lobotomy?
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Angels will be sorry. lol.

What is up with Michael Young? Does he need a lobotomy?
My guess is he'll be in Boston by the end of the day. It isn't Beckett and Mike Lowell but i like the potential acquisitions in the last 24 hours.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't want Utley traded but seriously, the Phillies just stood pat?!?!?! Ughhh, was hoping we could at least trade one or two guys.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hilarious how many non-contenders just sat on their hands and didn't even trade their pending UFAs.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No ****. Everyone wanted the world for guys who are gonna be gone. Just dumb.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I didn't want Utley traded but seriously, the Phillies just stood pat?!?!?! Ughhh, was hoping we could at least trade one or two guys.

Utley is in a negotiation for new contract with Phillies. That is why. Yes, it would be nice if you traded him away for a couple prospects and signed him back after this season but it did not happen.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Utley is in a negotiation for new contract with Phillies. That is why. Yes, it would be nice if you traded him away for a couple prospects and signed him back after this season but it did not happen.
I think you misread me, I wouldn't have traded Utley for anything and am hoping that extension goes through ASAP. Utley, is my favorite player of all time and I named my first-born Chase (only after the Mrs. shot down Eugene III, haha) so yea, I am glad they didn't move him.

That being said, I would have loved to trade any or all of the other pending free agents (Delmon Young, Michael Young, Laynce Nix, even Carlos Ruiz).

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yadi on the DL.....