Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-29-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** yeah we did it!!!!

WAR TRIBE!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hypothetical shots for everyone!! Woooo!!!

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fun fact: Since starting the season 5-10, the Indians have the best record in the AL.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If there as a just baseball god we'd get Pittsburgh vs. Cleveland.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Hypothetical shots for everyone!! Woooo!!!

Congrats to Cleveland, but this is a terrible song.

Last edited by yo123 : 09-29-2013 at 06:36 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I thank the Twins for being so terrible ?

#MoncriefArmy
Old 09-29-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably..
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Congrats to Cleveland, but this is a a terrible song.
They have an incredibly racist mascot to compensate for you.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Probably..
Don't worry you have a awesome farm system that will gets you there someday!

#MoncriefArmy
Old 09-29-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
They have an incredibly racist mascot to compensate for you.
Are they the most unlikely playoff team in the last 10 years? I'm really starting to rethink my feeling on managers after this year. And not just because of the Indians.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Congrats to Cleveland, but this is a terrible song.
It's terribad.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Are they the most unlikely playoff team in the last 10 years?
Based on what? Talent level?

The team wasn't as bad as their record last year, and adding Swisher and Bourn to the mix was certainly a big move, not to mention Francona. Now, where the hell Ubaldo and Kazmir came from I don't know, but I'm sure there's been a bigger turnaround in the last 10 years.

It also doesn't hurt that they got to play the White Sox and the Twins like 50 times.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

More Indians songs! Racism!

Old 09-29-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
If there as a just baseball god we'd get Pittsburgh vs. Cleveland.
Another fun fact: This is the first time in 113 years of baseball that the Indians and Pirates have made the postseason at the same time. Seriously.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So yeah I was gonna wait to do AL predictions til game 163 is over tomorrow. However, I am gonna do it anyway!

Tampa Bay @ Texas
Ever since game 6 of the 2011 World Series (one the Cardinals won BTW haha!), Texas has came up small in big games. I am sticking with them coming up small. Plus, David Price is pitching so I think he is going to pull it off.

Tampa Bay @ Cleveland
Just like the Pirates story, I love this story man! Its awesome. If it weren't for me being a Cardinals fan, I would sooooooo want a Indians-Pirates World Series. But it won't be. But these two newcomers will be fun while they last.

Boston over Cleveland in 4.
Like I said, the Indians and Pirates will be fun while they last. But unfortunately, they will go on and face the teams with the best records in the league. And they got there for a reason. So I must take the Red Sox even tho I sincerely want the Indians to win cuz I hate the Red Sox.

Oakland over Detroit in 5.
Why? IDK. Even tho they have been in the playoffs for years now and stuff, I still don't think I could name 5 Oakland Athletics. But if it weren't for the Pirates and Indians, the fun team would be Oakland. And they'd be somewhat of a Cindarella. And I am taking them over the Tigers even tho the Tigers have a lot of fire power. But the A's get on base.

Oakland over Boston in 6.
Once again...why???????? I have no clue. But a lot of people are saying Red Sox-Dodgers in the series. And even tho that would be a fun, ratings grab, I say **** the ratings and the Tony LaRussa series will come! These playoffs are going to be fun peeps. There shouldn't be that clear cut favorite. Every team has between 91 wins and 97 wins. Thats not too far away. And yes, we could even see the Pirates-Indians world series. But I am going with Cards-As.

WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cardinals over As in 5.
You guys didn't really expect me to pick anyone else did you?
Old 09-30-2013, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The team wasn't as bad as their record last year, and adding Swisher and Bourn to the mix was certainly a big move, not to mention Francona. Now, where the hell Ubaldo and Kazmir came from I don't know, but I'm sure there's been a bigger turnaround in the last 10 years.

It also doesn't hurt that they got to play the White Sox and the Twins like 50 times.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2013.shtml

Yes, talent level. When you look at that, it just doesn't add up to me. Francona made a huge difference. Just like the manager change made a huge difference in Boston.

But you're right, playing those two teams helps.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was turning three when the Pirates were last in the playoffs. Tomorrow is going to be special. Gonna be even more special seeing them win the whole ******* thing.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welp, congrats on becoming the next manager of the Chicago Cubs, Mr. Girardi.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not to mention the emergence of raburn and aviles as good rotational players has helped a bit in addition to Gomes being solid.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Welp, congrats on becoming the next manager of the Chicago Cubs, Mr. Girardi.

Nah. He stays.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
but I'm sure there's been a bigger turnaround in the last 10 years.
Well the Orioles basically did the same exact thing last year, but at least for me, I can see how they did it.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Nah. He stays.
If I had to guess, I would say so too. But I have to think all the Cubs are going to do this offseason is throw assloads of cash at Girardi, and that plus the stadium rennovations will be all they worry about spending on.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2013.shtml

Yes, talent level. When you look at that, it just doesn't add up to me. Francona made a huge difference. Just like the manager change made a huge difference in Boston.

But you're right, playing those two teams helps.
Yeah, swap Ned with Francona and the Royals run away with the Wild Card (probably push Detroit for the Central till the end) and Cleveland struggles to win 80 games.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rays over Rangers
Reds over Pirates
Indians over Rays

Reds 3, Cardinals 1
Dodgers 3, Braves 2

Indians 3, Red Sox 1
Athletics 3, Tigers 0

Reds 4, Dodgers 2
NLCS MVP: Joey Votto

Athletics 4, Indians 1
ALCS MVP: Brandon Moss

Reds 4, Athletics 3
WS MVP: Jay Bruce

Last edited by gpngc : 09-30-2013 at 02:48 PM.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where are you Tampa24Life??? Tonight's the big game verse your Rays!

Go Rangers!!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote