Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-01-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wooooooooo

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post

Wooooooooo
Giambi and Swisher in the front row have these giant grins on their faces when Francona starts swaying his hips. HAHAHAHAHA

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
go not dodgers
You can root for the A's.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
That loud thud was the Rangers window slammed shut.
Yes, it was. GIVE IT TO ME AGAIN!

Still gives me a raging boner man.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I am fully on your bandwagon. Unless you play the Pirates. I want Morneau to win.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post

Wooooooooo
Timberwolves still have hands down the best Harlem Shake.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I am fully on your bandwagon. Unless you play the Pirates. I want Morneau to win.
I would love to see the A's take on the Dodgers in the WS and get revenge on the 25th anniversary of the Dodgers-A's 1988 WS. So you can root for us in that matchup.

WS matchups for the A's:

Los Angeles - 25th anniversary of Kirk Gibson. Would be great symmetry to see the A's take down LA.
St. Louis - A's and Cardinals franchises have the 2nd and 3rd most WS titles behind the Yankees. Would love to see the A's get back on that wagon.
Cincinnati - The A's and Reds have met a few times in the WS in the past. The beat the Big Red Machine in the 70s and then lost in 1990 trying to repeat after the Bay Bridge Series. Love to see the A's get a counter-punch in there.
Pittsburgh - These are 2 small market teams that have small payrolls and lack a star-studded roster. Would be fun to see 2 little guys go at it in a matchup that just missed twice in the 70s and again in

I don't care to see the Atlanta Braves. They bore me.

Oldie but a goodie.

Last edited by nobodyinparticular : 10-01-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will be rooting for Cleveland because of their agonizing sports history.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the A's a lot and want them to come out of the AL, but I am pulling for the Dodgers to take the WS. Baseball guys get their panties in a bunch whenever the Dodgers are even mentioned and I enjoy that greatly.

Also, how the **** did Ned Yost get an extension?
Old 10-01-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it evil to root against the Pirates getting into the real playoffs?
Old 10-01-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Professor BF_51 brought this up in the NFL forum:

He mentioned Cleveland from 1995 - 2001 was the best team to not win a series.

I would go with turn of the millennium A's as a better team than those Indians teams.

Thoughts?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
They already got those cool Postseason hats that the Rays were wearing last night so no it's not evil.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Yes. I would actually be very sad if they miss the real playoffs.

Oldie but a goodie.
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so emotional that I can't even think of words. I been waiting a very long time for this.
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I'm so emotional that I can't even think of words. I been waiting a very long time for this.
Do you have tears running down your crustache?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would love to see the A's take on the Dodgers in the WS and get revenge on the 25th anniversary of the Dodgers-A's 1988 WS. So you can root for us in that matchup.

WS matchups for the A's:

Los Angeles - 25th anniversary of Kirk Gibson. Would be great symmetry to see the A's take down LA.
St. Louis - A's and Cardinals franchises have the 2nd and 3rd most WS titles behind the Yankees. Would love to see the A's get back on that wagon.
Cincinnati - The A's and Reds have met a few times in the WS in the past. The beat the Big Red Machine in the 70s and then lost in 1990 trying to repeat after the Bay Bridge Series. Love to see the A's get a counter-punch in there.
Pittsburgh - These are 2 small market teams that have small payrolls and lack a star-studded roster. Would be fun to see 2 little guys go at it in a matchup that just missed twice in the 70s and again in

I don't care to see the Atlanta Braves. They bore me.
Just for that I hope you go out in the first round.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (3-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Deal. I was an A's fans before the D'Backs came here

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Professor BF_51 brought this up in the NFL forum:

He mentioned Cleveland from 1995 - 2001 was the best team to not win a series.

I would go with turn of the millennium A's as a better team than those Indians teams.

Thoughts?
Those Indians teams were insane. They didn't have great pitching, but the offense...
Old 10-01-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
And the dat leadoff bunt. In honor of Ned's new contract.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Just for that I hope you go out in the first round.
:-D

Truth is the storyline would be the sabremetric-heavy A's vs. the scouting-heavy Braves.

In the early 2000s when Schuerholz was the GM of the Braves, there was a big to-do about the differences between the 2 clubs. Moneyball came out and Schuerholz wrote a book called "Built To Win" which was seen as a direct rebuttal of Moneyball.

If I recall, Schuerholz was even vocally against the newer statistics and the A's model, but that could just be A's fans vs. Braves fans.

Truth be told, I miss Hudson who is still my favorite of the Big 3 and J.Hey and Freeman are pretty good at what they do.

I would love to see Cespedes take a long stare at a HR and see what McCann does there.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Liriano looks nasty.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Liriano looks nasty.
dat slider tho.
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
:-D

Truth is the storyline would be the sabremetric-heavy A's vs. the scouting-heavy Braves.

In the early 2000s when Schuerholz was the GM of the Braves, there was a big to-do about the differences between the 2 clubs. Moneyball came out and Schuerholz wrote a book called "Built To Win" which was seen as a direct rebuttal of Moneyball.

If I recall, Schuerholz was even vocally against the newer statistics and the A's model, but that could just be A's fans vs. Braves fans.

Truth be told, I miss Hudson who is still my favorite of the Big 3 and J.Hey and Freeman are pretty good at what they do.

I would love to see Cespedes take a long stare at a HR and see what McCann does there.
Not to mention I always liked yall's 'A' hat just as much as I like ours.

JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Numbers on the board!!

Old 10-01-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only Classy Fans in Pittsburgh. This Game is already over the Reds won't do **** in the lineup with Choo and Bruce.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote