Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-08-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
One base instead of two, as well. So however you want to spin it I guess.
Swinging, anything other than a strike out or infield fly gets the runner over. A base hit plates the run. Same parameters apply for getting him from 3rd to home, except you have less chances with which to get it done
Old 10-08-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That part of the lineup is just free outs if you can make pitches. ****.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You're better than this.
I'm not, I like a good strategic bunt. comes from random readings about the small ball era growing up incl. ty cobb
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what is this magic, the tampa bay rays scored a run without having to intentionally give up an out :o

:)

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a bad first post-season at bat for Xander.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-08-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Swinging, anything other than a strike out or infield fly gets the runner over. A base hit plates the run. Same parameters apply for getting him from 3rd to home, except you have less chances with which to get it done
Ground ball to 3rd or short doesn't, and with Uribe that is a high probability because he's a pull hitter and from there you require a base hit to get him in. If you bunt him over, a ground ball to the middle of the the infield, a fly ball, a passed ball, a base hit, any of the above gets him in.

You bunt every time, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Pretending to bunt is way better than bunting.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-08-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Fantastic piece of relief pitching by Breslow there. Even with last night, I'm not terribly worried about Koji, but the 8th inning has been a problem for us in these situations in the past.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-08-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Some command issues there by Uehara, but that'll certainly do!

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-08-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red Soxs win it

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:37 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Red Sox are still getting some measure of rest, but another day of rest would have been nice.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I'm not, I like a good strategic bunt. comes from random readings about the small ball era growing up incl. ty cobb
This is incredibly disappointing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if I'm nervous or excited for tonight. I hope the offense turns it up a notch tonight. I'm looking at you Mr Marte and Walker. I think Cole is going to be fine. He's been soooooooo good since September 1st.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I don't know if I'm nervous or excited for tonight. I hope the offense turns it up a notch tonight. I'm looking at you Mr Marte and Walker. I think Cole is going to be fine. He's been soooooooo good since September 1st.
I could have sworn that I heard Burnett was getting the start tonight? Did that change again?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I could have sworn that I heard Burnett was getting the start tonight? Did that change again?
Hurdle said Cole was after Game 4.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-backs bitching about the Dodgers yet again. Presidents, GMs, whoever...

Towers, who has been Arizona's GM for the past three seasons, recounted an 8-1 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sept.9. He told the radio station that the Dodgers, who hit six home runs in the game, irked him with some of their behavior in the dugout.

"I was sitting behind home plate that game and when it showed up on the Diamondvision of stuffing bananas down their throats, I felt like we were a punching bag," Towers said. "Literally, if I would have had a carton of baseballs, I would have fired them into the dugout from where I was sitting behind home plate.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/97...-eye-mentality
Old 10-09-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

The Lolmondbacks are pussies too.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

yeah, reading that over again, is that their GM talking about throwing baseballs into the opposing team's dugout? Get a grip, man. Take a swim...
Old 10-09-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
yeah, reading that over again, is that their GM talking about throwing baseballs into the opposing team's dugout? Get a grip, man. Take a swim...
But not in your field's pool, because apparently its filled with classless toxins after we swam in there.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

everyone in the NL West hates the Dodgers because they secretly want to be the Dodgers. Also there just slowly sitting with the fact that it won't be easy for them to win the NL West anytime soon. And our team will just get better and better because we have the ownership who is willing to spend.

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pretty nonchalant on the Dodgers but I think that payroll is a joke and is only going to get worse.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I am pretty nonchalant on the Dodgers but I think that payroll is a joke and is only going to get worse.
It will not continue to be that way. Some of the contracts are from the old ownership and that inflates the number. They are spending now so that they won't have to in the future.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Girardi's coming back to the Yankees on a four year deal. Wonder where Theo and the Cubs go from here.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Girardi's coming back to the Yankees on a four year deal. Wonder where Theo and the Cubs go from here.
Well they should have gone with Sandberg when they had the chance...and they screwed that up so who knows.

Quote: