Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-26-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More importantly (for me) why is Morneau not ahead of Texeira?

Also the #4 catcher in the AL is Taylor Teagarden who has been in the minors the majority of the year and has one hit in the majors. #5 being Dioner Navarro isn't much better.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Exactly. I just find it funny that you would come in and try to troll baseball fans when not so long ago I remember seeing a petition of you requesting to be allowed back onto the off topic forum. Isn't trolling against the forum rules, btw? I like how in your first original post, you admitted you were trying to troll everyone in this thread, but then edited your post to make it seem like you are surprised that this is the way that people reacted.
Huh? My original post is exactly the same. The only one I edited was my response to Jughead's response.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Huh? My original post is exactly the same. The only one I edited was my response to Jughead's response.
That's the one I was talking about. It originally said something like "I didn't mean anything, I was just posting in here to remind myself of how sensitive people are lolz" but you changed it to make it seem like you weren't expecting the reactions.

anyways, on to more important things. What's the opinion on Luke Hochevar? I see he's having a nice start today.. I saw him pitch against the Twins earlier this year and he was filthy until about the 5th inning and he just imploded.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
More importantly (for me) why is Morneau not ahead of Texeira?

Also the #4 catcher in the AL is Taylor Teagarden who has been in the minors the majority of the year and has one hit in the majors. #5 being Dioner Navarro isn't much better.
Should be Morneau and Miguel Cabrera in front of Tex. This is horse honky!
Old 05-26-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
That's the one I was talking about. It originally said something like "I didn't mean anything, I was just posting in here to remind myself of how sensitive people are lolz" but you changed it to make it seem like you weren't expecting the reactions.

anyways, on to more important things. What's the opinion on Luke Hochevar? I see he's having a nice start today.. I saw him pitch against the Twins earlier this year and he was filthy until about the 5th inning and he just imploded.
I edited out of that post and stuck it in my next post, where it was more appropriate. Ultimately, though, I'm going to hold myself accountable to my posts. The emotions and responses they elicit aren't really my problem or concern, they belong to the people who posted them.

Which is why the so srs attitude on the internet is so perplexing to me in the first place. Nobody is on here for any purpose really other than to validate their own opinions. I'm not changing anybody's mind on here; nobody's changing mine; so all the posts on this messageboard are really people arguing and complaining about their own doubts and trying to have other people validate them. Think about it: when you get into an argument with somebody on the internet are you really trying to convince the opposition or are you trying to get other people to agree with your points?

My posts in here weren't malicious, belittling, or attacking to anybody. And I'm not directing this post at you in particular, DJP, because your responses were one of the few that didn't resort to immediate flaming.

Now, let the baseball discussion resume.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
How are Pat the Bat, Griffey and Matsui ahead of Ortiz in the AS voting?
Griffey is just a fan favorite, people remember how he used to play the game, they remember someone that in their prime could have very well been the best player to ever play.

Thats why hes up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Griffey is just a fan favorite, people remember how he used to play the game, they remember someone that in their prime could have very well been the best player to ever play.

Thats why hes up there.
Hahahahahahahaha best to ever play.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hahahahahahahaha best to ever play.
You are in pure denial if you dont think he was on pace to be the best to ever play baseball if the fields up in Seattle didnt shred his knees.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
You are in pure denial if you dont think he was on pace to be the best to ever play baseball if the fields up in Seattle didnt shred his knees.
Being that Bonds was a better player the entire time, I don't think I'm in denial.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-26-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now is this considered a fly out or a line out? Mauer lines one off the ass/lower back of David Robertson and the ball goes 20-25 feet in the air and A-Rod catches it. You don't see that every day.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Now is this considered a fly out or a line out? Mauer lines one off the ass/lower back of David Robertson and the ball goes 20-25 feet in the air and A-Rod catches it. You don't see that every day.

That's the kind of thing that happens when we play the Yankees. Over and over again.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All-Star voting is hilarious. I mean Jimmy Rollins has played in 12 freaking games lol and I love Polanco but no way should he be leading for 3rd base. I could name like 10 guys more deserving.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The All Star voting further proves that the coaches, players, and writers should chose the teams.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
The All Star voting further proves that the coaches, players, and writers should chose the teams.
The majority of the writers are stupid too, the only reasonable solution is for me to pick the teams.

Also Brendan Harris is just awful.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
The majority of the writers are stupid too, the only reasonable solution is for me to pick the teams.

Also Brendan Harris is just awful.
Or let me pick the teams so the lone Twins representative would be Jesse Crain.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-26-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Or let me pick the teams so the lone Twins representative would be Jesse Crain.

Only on the condition that you don't let him on the plane back to Minneapolis.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Only on the condition that you don't let him on the plane back to Minneapolis.
I would bump him to starter.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-26-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Coaches are dumb too and play favorites.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
I would bump him to starter.
And I would smother you in your sleep in front of Job.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
And I would smother you in your sleep in front of Job.
I don't think you would do it. And I would like to welcome back Jeremy Bonderman the solid starter, as I believe he is backish at this point (even if he's just pitching well against a horrible Mariners offense).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-26-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Omar sucks, but a couple of nice finds in Hisanori Takahashi and Raul Valdes. At least thus far.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little late to this discussion, but Bonds would have had 8 billion home runs if he played in the ballparks that Griffey did.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how many would Griffey had with Roids and HGH?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Probably the same amount.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-26-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
how many would Griffey had with Roids and HGH?
Whatever his current amount is. Duh.