Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-09-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
everyone in the NL West hates the Dodgers because they secretly want to be the Dodgers. Also there just slowly sitting with the fact that it won't be easy for them to win the NL West anytime soon. And our team will just get better and better because we have the ownership who is willing to spend.
LOLOLOLOLOL. Yeah, I don't think the Giants want to be the Dodgers. At all. Hell, we're still cleaning up the confetti from last year's parade, which had remains of confetti from the 2010 parade.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
It will not continue to be that way. Some of the contracts are from the old ownership and that inflates the number. They are spending now so that they won't have to in the future.
They still have Kershaw to lock up and Puig is going to command a big deal in the near future if he keeps this up.

All while having Kemp, Grinke, Crawford, Gonzalez and Beckett's bloated contracts. It is still going to get worse.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
They still have Kershaw to lock up and Puig is going to command a big deal in the near future if he keeps this up.

All while having Kemp, Grinke, Crawford, Gonzalez and Beckett's bloated contracts. It is still going to get worse.
Puig signed a 5 year deal when he got signed, Kershaw will get locked up for around 10 years when his deal is done. Beckett is up after next season, Gonzo and Crawford in 2 years...We will be just fine.

Kemp's deal is fine (if he stays healthy, hate saying if), Greinke doesn't have a history of injuries, Kershaw doesn't either and is the best in baseball, Puig is locked up for a decent number for his contract. We will likely extend Hanley in the off-season as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The point I am making is how is your payroll not insane...

Its a sad day when you put the Yankees to shame.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
LOLOLOLOLOL. Yeah, I don't think the Giants want to be the Dodgers. At all. Hell, we're still cleaning up the confetti from last year's parade, which had remains of confetti from the 2010 parade.
They do right now, you guys just locked up Hunter Pence for 90 million dollars and finished in last place.

I know you guys won 2 rings and all (congrats, those runs were crazy), but are you seriously talking about last year?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
The point I am making is how is your payroll not insane...

Its a sad day when you put the Yankees to shame.
New ownership HAD to make a statement to the fans that they were serious and to get them back to the park...it is insane, but it is most definitely justifiable.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
D-backs bitching about the Dodgers yet again. Presidents, GMs, whoever...

Towers, who has been Arizona's GM for the past three seasons, recounted an 8-1 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sept.9. He told the radio station that the Dodgers, who hit six home runs in the game, irked him with some of their behavior in the dugout.

"I was sitting behind home plate that game and when it showed up on the Diamondvision of stuffing bananas down their throats, I felt like we were a punching bag," Towers said. "Literally, if I would have had a carton of baseballs, I would have fired them into the dugout from where I was sitting behind home plate.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/97...-eye-mentality

Seriously?

He gave the example about a lack of fire in his team and you called him a crybaby? Get real.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Girardi is off the market. Good for Yankees.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Seriously?

He gave the example about a lack of fire in his team and you called him a crybaby? Get real.
You get real. He's literally talking about throwing baseballs at our players. I can taste the tears.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no he was talking about throwing baseballs at his own players, it's just not worded well

but he should ****

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I know you guys won 2 rings and all (congrats, those runs were crazy), but are you seriously talking about last year?
Yep, cause I sure as hell don't want to talk about this year.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is Gerrit Cole's opportunity to become a legend.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

& that's why I hate Keith Oberman, politics aside, make it all about ME

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I share similar views with him but I do agree that he is an absolute douchebag. Not like you, Kevin. You beautiful soul you.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-09-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be pretty heartbreaking if the Pirates don't manage to pull this out.

I've never seen Cole pitch live, so that should be interesting to see too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't follow the Pirates very much, but if Justin Morneau is your cleanup hitter, that is really bad.

Too bad too, I'm tired of the Cardinals every year.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Much rather face the Pirates than the Cardinals in the NLCS, f*** you Freeze

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far, WAR projections from the 2013 season have not been contrarian to post-season results.

Rays (91.7) over Indians (82.6)
Pirates (85) over Reds (84.2)

Dodgers (88.9) over Braves (88.7)
Red Sox (103.1) over Rays (91.7)
Cardinals (85.7) leading Pirates (85)
Tigers (100.7) tied with A's (89.4)

Going by WAR, the Cardinals should finish off the Pirates, then lose to the Dodgers. The Tigers should overcome the A's and lose to the Red Sox. The Red Sox should slaughter the Dodgers in the World Series.

*Calculations were done by multiplying each team's total WAR by the Average Win per WAR variable for 2013 (.95) and adding 47.7 (replacement team level).
Old 10-09-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cole had one mistake but pitched great. Sucks the offense is ******** the bed.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same old ****! Same old ****!

Old 10-09-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

The Cards are a well oiled machine, that happens when you have an organization like that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-09-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

We could have had a Indians-Pirates World Series. Now we get Boston/Detroit/St.Louis version 4.7

I can't bring myself to root for the Dodgers, so I guess I'm a Tigers fan?

Old 10-09-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Was rooting for the Pirates to win a series, but didn't care either way. Always respect the hell out of the Cards, they seem to be there every year. HAVE to take advantage of Wainwright not going until possibly game 3.

When is this series starting? Friday or Saturday?

Quote:
Old 10-09-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense went cold in the two games that mattered. Had a chance to end it Monday and couldn't hit.

I'm proud of this team though. I NEVER expected 94 wins. And to think next year, they'll be even better.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on the great season Pirates and u scared me to death in this series. And to those of you sick of us in the playoffs.......get used to it (as Brody said) we are awesome! And no the Pirates won't have to wait 20 years for a playoff win again.