Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-10-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prediction:

Tigers 4, Athletics 3

Alex Avila hits a run-scoring double in the later innings; Drew Smyly gets the win in relief.

(If your predictions aren't specific, they don't count).
Old 10-10-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just hire a former catcher......
Old 10-10-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Just hire a former catcher......
They will know what the qb is thinking
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Athletics 9, Tigers 2

S. Gray: 6.2 IP, 1 ER, 6 H, 2 BB, 6 K

C. Crisp: 2-4, BB, 3 R, 1 RBI
S. Smith: 2-5, HR, 3 RBI
A. Callaspo: 3-5, 2 2B, 3 RBI
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
If Dusty Baker goes back to Chicago I will flip ****. It looks like the short list is AJ Hinch and Manny Acta. I honestly don't know much about them other than the fact that they haven't exactly been world beaters in their previous managerial stints.
Theo wouldn't hire someone so inept as Baker.

I'm surprise Brad Ausmus hasn't been fast-tracked for a managerial position. I think he's working with the Padres in some capacity...
Old 10-10-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Athletics 9, Tigers 2

S. Gray: 6.2 IP, 1 ER, 6 H, 2 BB, 6 K

C. Crisp: 2-4, BB, 3 R, 1 RBI
S. Smith: 2-5, HR, 3 RBI
A. Callaspo: 3-5, 2 2B, 3 RBI
I sure hope the final score is right. But Gray's line is already wrong.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Verlander looks unstoppable. Also, thank God for free TBS streaming that I can access at work.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who the hell is S. Vogt?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Verlander looks unstoppable. Also, thank God for free TBS streaming that I can access at work.
Quality is pretty top notch on my end too. Looks great and hasn't stuttered, even on the ****** Wifi I'm currently on.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I feel bad that you're stuck at work so long. I would cook you dinner if you let me sleep on the couch, ya know.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah! Suck it Verlander! ;)
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh. Verlander keeps getting the giant strike zone, but the A's just can't stay within themselves and put solid swings on the ball. They keep swinging out of their shoes.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I feel bad that you're stuck at work so long. I would cook you dinner if you let me sleep on the couch, ya know.
You know you are welcome. You don't even have to cook me dinner. I got a damn good steak tonight. Just be there when I come home to remind me how much Boogie sucks.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stop looking for the check swing, just get them out the old way.

tying run at the plate

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

At least they are giving us a fun finish here.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NLCS and ALCS comprised solely of teams with nationwide fanbases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
NLCS and ALCS comprised solely of teams with nationwide fanbases?

Detroit has a nationwide fanbase?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

I need a hug......

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Detroit has a nationwide fanbase?
No, they don't.

But they did get the highest market share television ratings of any team in baseball this year.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
No, they don't.

But they did get the highest market share television ratings of any team in baseball this year.
Locally or nationally? Makes sense, I wouldn't leave my house either if I lived in Detroit..........I kid.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Locally or nationally? Makes sense, I wouldn't leave my house either if I lived in Detroit..........I kid.
In the area that receives Fox Sports Detroit, so locally.

Hilarious joke, BTW.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

The A's lost, the Raiders suck and the Kings certainly aren't worth ****. Ugh. I hate my fandom.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was disappointing.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:39 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
So far, WAR projections from the 2013 season have not been contrarian to post-season results.

Rays (91.7) over Indians (82.6)
Pirates (85) over Reds (84.2)

Dodgers (88.9) over Braves (88.7)
Red Sox (103.1) over Rays (91.7)
Cardinals (85.7) leading Pirates (85)
Tigers (100.7) tied with A's (89.4)

Going by WAR, the Cardinals should finish off the Pirates, then lose to the Dodgers. The Tigers should overcome the A's and lose to the Red Sox. The Red Sox should slaughter the Dodgers in the World Series.

*Calculations were done by multiplying each team's total WAR by the Average Win per WAR variable for 2013 (.95) and adding 47.7 (replacement team level).
Predictions holding strong.