Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-19-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You're right, the loneliness and crippling depression causes it first.

Ehh, Philly is a ******* wasteland right now. They have no farm system, and Ryan Howard's contract is there.
Howard will be off the books by the time Trout's a FA.

All this Trout talk makes me more pissed at the FO for surrounding him with CRAP and bad contracts
Old 10-20-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Well, go Cards
Yep. All of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$300M for Kershaw soon?

Unbelievable.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cards vs Red Sox: The equivalent of the South Park "Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich" election. It was a fun 2013 season (up until now), see ya next year.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:( I think we're a fairly likable team this year. Are we really that bad?

It's not like the past few seasons have been super awesome here. Or the past few years. Nearly entirety of the previous century sucked pretty hardcore too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 10-20-2013 at 12:24 AM.
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a fan of non-large market teams, it just doesn't appeal to me. I'll cheer for the Red Sox out of pure dislike (and some jealousy) for the Cardinals, but a few rotten seasons doesn't make up for a few world championships in the past decade. Again, just one jaded and sorta-jealous fans opinion.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't be less interested in this World Series matchup. Both these teams have a pair of recent World Series titles.

Pass.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I couldn't be less interested in this World Series matchup. Both these teams have a pair of recent World Series titles.

Pass.
Two storied franchises?

I wouldn't be interested in Detroit-St.Louis because I'd just be pissed off if the Red Sox had lost this series, and I'd be boycotting baseball and hoping both teams died in plane crashes... But I'd definitely acknowledge the massive interest in any two of the four teams in the LCS meeting in the WS because they were all great match-ups with big fan bases.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post

It's not like the past few seasons have been super awesome here. Or the past few years. Nearly entirety of the previous century sucked pretty hardcore too.
You're basically an entire team of Brian Wilsons. When a Yankee fan likes Big Papi the most out of everyone on your roster....you are a very hate-able team. Ugh. Why couldn't the Dodgers win, dammit.

Go Cardinals, I suppose....
Old 10-20-2013, 01:18 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
You're basically an entire team of Brian Wilsons. When a Yankee fan likes Big Papi the most out of everyone on your roster....you are a very hate-able team. Ugh. Why couldn't the Dodgers win, dammit.

Go Cardinals, I suppose....
Eh. Just because of the beards? I don't know, there's some decent guys on this roster. It's been hard to root for some of these Red Sox teams when they were good recently, but I don't take issue with anyone in particular on this team(besides maybe Lackey still). No doubt there's some guys who buy into their schtick a little bit too much this season, but it's kind of funny your suggested substitute is the Dodgers.

I'll never understand why you guys get caught up in these complex hate loops. Rivalries are great, but I try not to be a dick about other teams winning. Every team has likable guys and douches. Terrible fans and good fans. This spite driven nonsense just doesn't add anything to the sports experience for me. Different strokes for different folks I suppose though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-20-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh. Just because of the beards? I don't know, there's some decent guys on this roster. It's been hard to root for some of these Red Sox teams when they were good recently, but I don't take issue with anyone in particular on this team(besides maybe Lackey still). No doubt there's some guys who buy into their schtick a little bit too much this season, but it's kind of funny your suggested substitute is the Dodgers.

I'll never understand why you guys get caught up in these complex hate loops. Rivalries are great, but I try not to be a dick about other teams winning. Every team has likable guys and douches. Terrible fans and good fans. This spite driven nonsense just doesn't add anything to the sports experience for me. Different strokes for different folks I suppose though.

It is strange. The Dodgers are legitimately having fun though. They are being themselves. The Red Sox have all collectively bought into a stupid ass schtick and it feels forced for so many of them. Because it is forced, they come off as douchers (ie: Brian Wilson - and, yes, he does absolutely still suck even on the Dodgers).
Old 10-20-2013, 01:24 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I just got fed up with Boston trying to be crammed down our throats as some lovable underdog to the big bad yankees(especially after the 2003 seaosn) when Boston can spend cash with the best of them. My hatred for them only grew as they continued to knock the Halos out of the playoffs in 04, 07 and 08(doesn't even take into account what happened in 86, thank god I wasn't born yet or got to witness that debacle).

Lackey, Napoli, Koji and Ortiz are probably the only players on the team I like.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:33 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is something Dodge & Tiger fans have something in conmon, besides the obivous, We both hate Shane Victorino

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:34 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
There is something Dodge & Tiger fans have something in conmon, besides the obivous, We both hate Shane Victorino
I don't even like Shane Victorino, but I accept him at this point...at least he isn't Carl ******* Crawford.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:36 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
It is strange. The Dodgers are legitimately having fun though. They are being themselves. The Red Sox have all collectively bought into a stupid ass schtick and it feels forced for so many of them. Because it is forced, they come off as douchers (ie: Brian Wilson - and, yes, he does absolutely still suck even on the Dodgers).
Is growing beards out really a stupid ass schtick though? You may as well hate every team in the NHL playoffs at that point.

Not sure what we've done that can be considered douchey besides contrived nonsense. The "Boston Strong" thing may have jumped the shark a little bit at this point, but that's still a rallying call for the city after what was a pretty real and ****** situation. The team and the fans sort of have just a bit of a right to be invested in it. Doubt they'll be pushing that whole thing as hard after this season.

...and the Dodgers "being themselves" can easily have(and has) be constructed into a narrative of them being cocky primma donnas using the same tools. I thought Puig pissing off all of the "unwritten rules" guys was pretty hilarious, but I can absolutely see him rubbing some people the wrong way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I just got fed up with Boston trying to be crammed down our throats as some lovable underdog to the big bad yankees(especially after the 2003 seaosn) when Boston can spend cash with the best of them. My hatred for them only grew as they continued to knock the Halos out of the playoffs in 04, 07 and 08(doesn't even take into account what happened in 86, thank god I wasn't born yet or got to witness that debacle).
Pissed anyone with a brain off. Anyone with any sense can see we bought those titles just like any other big market team. The fact that it took us that long to do it speaks to the ineptitude of the previous ownership and the front office more so than anything else. Fair bit of bad luck mixed in their too, but yeah. No Boston team will ever be a scrappy underdog.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-20-2013, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Biggest who gives a **** WS since....last year

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:37 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea cuz Carl Crawford didn't 3 HR's this post season

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Uehara is cool. I will give the Sox that.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:39 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I don't even like Shane Victorino, but I accept him at this point...at least he isn't Carl ******* Crawford.
At least Crawford didn't mail it in while he was here like the rest of the guys that went off in that trade. He had injury issues and clearly wasn't worth the contract, but he always tried hard at the very least. Was never a problem guy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-20-2013, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Is growing beards out really a stupid ass schtick though? You may as well hate every team in the NHL playoffs at that point.

Not sure what we've done that can be considered douchey besides contrived nonsense. The "Boston Strong" thing may have jumped the shark a little bit at this point, but that's still a rallying call for the city after what was a pretty real and ****** situation. The team and the fans sort of have just a bit of a right to be invested in it. Doubt they'll be pushing that whole thing as hard after this season.

...and the Dodgers "being themselves" can easily have(and has) be constructed into a narrative of them being cocky primma donnas using the same tools. I thought Puig pissing off all of the "unwritten rules" guys was pretty hilarious, but I can absolutely see him rubbing some people the wrong way.
At the end of the day, it's a feeling. I think for this Red Sox team, it is absolutely a stupid ass schtick because that is what it feels like when I watch them. NHL rarely is and Johnny Damon wasn't. The Dodgers weren't. Brian Wilson always was and always will be. It is what it is.

I think I am above the petty Sox hater label...I'm not even a huge baseball guy until ~game 130 or so and I love Papi, so it's not a Yanks vs Sox thing. This whole Sox 'identity' just feels contrived this go around.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:44 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Puig needs to definitely be reigned in a bit, but hard to fault the guy for his behavior. His first year in the bigs and he's playing in a playoff atmosphere on the big stage. That had to be fun as hell. If that was me at 22 I'd be living it up to

I'd hate it if every player was a Brian McCann, who is apparently the unofficial policeman of baseball etiquette
Old 10-20-2013, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Puig is my hero. He is everything that is right about baseball, sports and life in general.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:49 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I definitely prefer more of the Jeter type personality if I'm trying to have an opinion on the way guys carry themselves...but the way teams reacted to Puig and the Dodgers was just as over the top and ridiculous as any of the antics they pulled. Maybe more so, even.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-20-2013, 01:59 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Yea cuz Carl Crawford didn't 3 HR's this post season
Yea 'cuz' Carl Crawford did ****, played poorly, and earned $34m and is now making $20m/y. Have fun with that. **** that guy. 2.3 WAR over the last 3 years...he's made $23.6m per WAR. 1 WAR is worth $5m. Again, **** that guy. He sucks.

NEVER liked him, never will. I still can't believe he pulled that contract.

Last edited by nepg : 10-20-2013 at 02:03 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like the Puig stuff has been manufactured. I haven't really seen anything offensive or too bad when I watch him play.