Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-06-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Halos about to drop the bomb on the rest of MLB next week

I'm talking BIG SPLASH. Scott Baker on a 1yr, incentive laden deal or a REUNION WITH BARTOLO COLON
Old 12-07-2013, 12:51 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic reports that the D'Backs offered Beltran a three-year deal worth more than the $45MM he received from New York.
interesting, I guess the whole we intend to spend $120MM this year stuff isn't BS

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:54 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beltran is a DH.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:58 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Am I crazy for thinking Cruz is going to be the smartest OF signing for whoever gets him?
If Texas resigns him I'll be upset. I want Choo!!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:01 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Am I crazy for thinking Cruz is going to be the smartest OF signing for whoever gets him?
he won't be the same without the roids, and even if he's back on them the next time he gets caught he's ******

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:43 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spending on Beltran, Ellsbury and McCann is fine. But where's the pitching?
Old 12-07-2013, 07:09 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
They better hope CC rebound. Kuroda is as solid as they come. They'll probably use the Cano money on Tanaka now as well but still lots of question marks. Their bullpen needs an overhaul also and finally Yanks fans will realize what it's like not to have a machine as closer even though Robertson is damn good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:49 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They did get Kuroda back and if Tanaka is posted, just put him in pinstripes
Old 12-07-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
45 million for a 37-year-old? I mean....I guess.
This move wouldn't have bothered me so much if we didn't have Ellsbury and we re-signed Cano. Beltran has always wanted to be a Yankee, this should have happened 8 years ago.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd imagine Gary Sanchez is an expendable prospect now with McCann making big bucks and our DH spot tied up for many years. Also Gardner could be expendable as well.

And I'm praying Pineda comes back to where he was when he last pitched in the majors two years ago.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Murphy and Montero for Gardner?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Done. As much as I love Gardner, he is clearly the odd man out. I hate that Ellsbury signing so ******* much.

I'm curious to see what Choo gets. If he gets significantly less than Ellsbury I will be super pissed off.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Done. As much as I love Gardner, he is clearly the odd man out. I hate that Ellsbury signing so ******* much.
So you would even do Murphy for Gardner straight up? Or throwing in the borderline top 100 prospect was fair?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
So you would even do Murphy for Gardner straight up? Or throwing in the borderline top 100 prospect was fair?
I wouldn't do Gardner for Murphy straight. Because I'd rather get pitching with his value. But if you're going to throw in Montero, of course I'd take that deal.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I wouldn't do Gardner for Murphy straight. Because I'd rather get pitching with his value. But if you're going to throw in Montero, of course I'd take that deal.
Got ya. I love the defense that Lagares brings but I don't think his bat will ever play up enough than to me more than a 4th OF. I'd like Young-Garnder-Grandy with Lagares off the bench. We'd have the best defensive OF in baseball also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

What pitches are even available for trade? I've read the Price rumors but they'd never trade him to us and I'm not looking for that high end of a pitcher.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want David Price baaaaaaad.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
What pitches are even available for trade? I've read the Price rumors but they'd never trade him to us and I'm not looking for that high end of a pitcher.
Jeff Samardzija.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Said everyone.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not even letting myself think that there's a chance of it happening.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I'm not even letting myself think that there's a chance of it happening.
The Pirates have the pieces. I just don't think they have the sack.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I would take it had Yankees not signed Kelly Johnson. Better offensive player to plug in between Ellsbury and Jeter in the lineup.

Right now, I don't see any trade for Gardner unless it involves a viable SP in return.

To be honest, I don't think Yankees will trade Gardner away at all. However, Yankees never stick to their original plan. lol.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd imagine Gary Sanchez is an expendable prospect now with McCann making big bucks and our DH spot tied up for many years. Also Gardner could be expendable as well.

And I'm praying Pineda comes back to where he was when he last pitched in the majors two years ago.

Gardner and Sanchez are not expendables.

Soriano will be traded if he wants to play on the field or is our DH. Gardner stays until he hits free agency.

Sanchez is a right-handed power, Yankees lack of in near future. He will stay input until it becomes clear that he is no longer part of the future plan.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Jeff Samardzija.

I would love to see Yankees to get him. He would be a perfect 4th starter for us. Cubs won't trade him unless they actually become robbers.

Jose Ramirez and Ramon Flores for Samardzija is what I value of him. Over or Under, I don't give a ****.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Ah.. Arod has to be suspended for 211 games in order to meet 189m plan. Yankees went hard before they find out about Arod. What a ballsy.

I think Yankees wants to bolster the roster with popular names so they could sell tickets at higher price. Last few years, Yankees have struggled to sell the face value so it may be the reason Yankees went crazy. umm. It bothers me because I want farm grown players to play for Yankees but business is business.

Last edited by YotoJets007 : 12-07-2013 at 11:44 AM.