Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-09-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Thome doesn't get in its a god damn crime. I know that 500 hr's these days is questionable as an automatic, but 600 is a lock IMO. Thome was a great hitter for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahaha, Jorge Posada in the hall of fame

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
hahaha, Jorge Posada in the hall of fame
Yeah, definitely don't agree with that one. Solid catcher, but not HOF worthy.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Posada can be in the HOF for people that look like Muppets along with RGIII.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please Please Pittsburgh Sign Bronson Arroyo.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Roy Halladay, Jorge Posada, Pedro Martinez, Mike Mussina and Jim Thome (?) should be in the Hall of Fame despite their merits are not met. They are likely the cleanest players in the steroid era. They have to be recognized no matter how.

I put (?) next to Jim Thome because his number of home runs is hall of fame worthy but he split between DH and being on the field. No idea what sports writers think of him as I have penciled David Ortiz as the first DH to be elected.
Speaking of DHs, Edgar Martinez should already be in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to Logan Morrison?

The guy was actually very good against lefties his rookie year and every year since he has declined greatly. Last year he was SOOOOOO bad against lefties. Like historically bad.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Speaking of DHs, Edgar Martinez should already be in.
Yes, he really should.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dbacks talking with Halos about Trumbo. Good fit for both teams as they want a power bat who can play the OF(lol technically Trumbo can play it, just not very good) and Halos need pitching

Miley or Skaggs would work for me. No chance they get any other real good arm from the Dbacks for a heavily flawed player like Trumbo.

lol at this though. Bourjos/Freese trade looks even worse with Trumbo gone. Only thing Freese brings is a slight upgrade offensively to the 3B position but with Trumbo's bat out of the lineup....their offense as a whole likely gets a bit worse.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Dbacks talking with Halos about Trumbo. Good fit for both teams as they want a power bat who can play the OF(lol technically Trumbo can play it, just not very good) and Halos need pitching

Miley or Skaggs would work for me. No chance they get any other real good arm from the Dbacks for a heavily flawed player like Trumbo.

lol at this though. Bourjos/Freese trade looks even worse with Trumbo gone. Only thing Freese brings is a slight upgrade offensively to the 3B position but with Trumbo's bat out of the lineup....their offense as a whole likely gets a bit worse.
I don't think you'll be getting the likes of Miley or Skaggs just for Trumbo, but their GM has done some weird stuff before so who knows. If I was a DBacks fan and they did that trade, I'd be pissed.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talks are now centered on a Cahill/Skaggs package. I'd be thrilled with that return. Cahill isn't good but he's not awful. They would potentially be buying low on Skaggs, who had a bad year and saw a dip in his velocity(definitely a red flag)
Old 12-10-2013, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tigers close to a 2 year deal with Rajai Davis.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
For 9 or 10 million total? Eh.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Please Please Pittsburgh Sign Bronson Arroyo.
I'm not excited nor dissapointed. I'd rather have Burnett, though.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Cool, please sign him so we don't.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
I don't think you'll be getting the likes of Miley or Skaggs just for Trumbo, but their GM has done some weird stuff before so who knows. If I was a DBacks fan and they did that trade, I'd be pissed.
I don't mind trading Skaggs at this point but not for Trumbo, Cahill would be just thrown in to dump salary, we have too many SP and need to make room for Bradley eventually he will be a borderline ace on arrival.

But we also have a million OFers, a lot of people need to be moved around, I would prefer they were traded for higher ceiling minor leaguers but we all know that's not what KT covets, we will get 9 RPs when it is all said and done

SP
Corbin
Bradley
Miley
McCarthy
Cahill
Skaggs
Delgado
Hudson*

OF
Parra
Eaton
Prado
Ross
Pollock
Marte
Campana

Ideally Parra & Ross platoon with Parra coming in as a defensive sub on his off nights

C Montero
1B Goldschmidt
2B Hill
SS Gregorious
3B Davidson
LF Prado
CF Eaton
RF Parra/Ross

1. Corbin
2. Bradley
3. Miley
4. McCarthy
5. Delgado/Skaggs/Cahill

Last edited by fenikz : 12-10-2013 at 10:32 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Sounds like the deal is now being expanded into a 3-way trade involving the White Sox. Halos looking to get Skaggs from Ari and Hector Santiago from the Chisox. Dbacks get Trumbo, White Sox get Adam Eaton. Other little peices would be involved as well

I'd be thrilled if the Halos can get Santiago AND Skaggs for Trumbo
Old 12-10-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exec who spoke with Diamondbacks came away convinced they're getting Shin-Soo Choo, for what it's worth.
maybe both?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yeah, hence why they'd be moving Eaton. Why settle for one or the other when you can have both?

Deal is really gaining steam now. Dbacks would be getting Trumbo + 2 "good" prospects....I assume one from the Halos and one from the Chisox. White Sox would be getting Eaton, Halos Skaggs/Santiago

since the Halos have NO good prospects, I don't care who they throw in to get this done. Santiago is under control for 4 more years while Skaggs is under control for 6. That's huge for the Halos considering all the money they are paying for crap. More importantly, this deal frees up another good $4 million for them, giving them close to $20 million to spend on another FA SP or perhaps a bat to replace Trumbo

I want this deal to happen right NOW

Last edited by BloodBrother : 12-10-2013 at 12:16 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Done deal

Dbacks receive
Mark Trumbo
2 PTBNL - 1 from White sox and 1 from Angels

White sox receive
Adam Eaton

Halos receive
Hector Santiago
Tyler Skaggs
Old 12-10-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Done deal

Dbacks receive
Mark Trumbo
2 PTBNL - 1 from White sox and 1 from Angels

White sox receive
Adam Eaton

Halos receive
Hector Santiago
Tyler Skaggs
Good deal for all. Trumbo is the most established player, but there is a ton of promise in Eaton and Skaggs still might be able to turn things around.

I like Eaton most of all.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

goddamn steal for the Halos. Trumbo may be able to hit 40+ HR though in Arizona + games in Coors

cool dude to, but was the most expendable guy they had. Halos now have about $20 mill to spend and either go hard after Tanaka or sign some lower level SP, another reliever and then some cheap DH bat to now replace Trumbo's
Old 12-10-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trumbo sucks balls. AZ making a bad deal here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess it all depends on the PTBNL but honestly I never really see many good players that are PTBNL.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I guess it all depends on the PTBNL but honestly I never really expect much from them.
No clue who the PTBNL for the White Sox will be, but on the Angels side, it's apparently one who is elig for the Rule 5 draft, which takes place on Thursday. Halos don't have anybody of note who is elig for the draft, so it's nothing of note on their end