Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-10-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its a entirely meh trade, 2 years ago I would be insanely pissed but Skaggs has entirely fallen off since then

Depending on the price tag I still want Choo

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I guess it all depends on the PTBNL but honestly I never really see many good players that are PTBNL.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was a PTBNL when traded from the Mainers to the Twins... idk if that really counts because he was pretty meh with the Twins and was later released.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Eaton's throwing arm is okay, I approve very much of this. Eaton should hit 8th or 9th (depending on who's catching) and as long as he can provide good defense and get on base at a decent rate, it should work for the White Sox. De Aza has better tools, but he ran into so many outs last year.
I enjoyed rooting for Santiago, but we had too many lefties in the rotation. I do like what the Angels are doing this offseason.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
its a entirely meh trade, 2 years ago I would be insanely pissed but Skaggs has entirely fallen off since then

Depending on the price tag I still want Choo
still only 22 years old and highly projectable. Halos may have bought low on him, but yes, his stock WAS down after this past year. Who knows how it works out, but I'm ok with them taking the risk of getting him back, especially since they have Santiago as insurance

the prospect the Halos are trading to the Dbacks is RHP AJ Schugel. 5th starter type/long reliever. Throws strikes, just doesn't have anything that stands out. Had a great season in AA in 2012 but got bombed in AAA this past year
Old 12-10-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad I'm not a DBacks fan.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
I'm glad I'm not a DBacks fan.
I love Towers attitude towards being a GM but he makes a lot of questionable moves that really outweigh any positives.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Trumbo sucks balls. AZ making a bad deal here.
Really?, I would have loved Trumbo in Seattle.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'd have been even worse in Seattle where it's harder to hit HR's for right handed batters. The power tool is the only good tool he brings and it would have been affected playing in Safeco.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Really?, I would have loved Trumbo in Seattle.
I think it's cause he is so one dimensional. He isn't great defensively even at first and they can't put him there with Goldschmidt. Obviously they can't DH him. So they get a guy who when he makes contact can hit a HR and drive in runs but his AVG and OBP are just garbage.

It's like Adam Dunn but worse... way worse.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 12-10-2013 at 03:13 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
still only 22 years old and highly projectable. Halos may have bought low on him, but yes, his stock WAS down after this past year. Who knows how it works out, but I'm ok with them taking the risk of getting him back, especially since they have Santiago as insurance

the prospect the Halos are trading to the Dbacks is RHP AJ Schugel. 5th starter type/long reliever. Throws strikes, just doesn't have anything that stands out. Had a great season in AA in 2012 but got bombed in AAA this past year
no he really isn't, his upside is maybe a 3rd starter if he some how regains his velocity but even with that his confidence is just gone, no good prospect should pitch in the PCL(unless they are Archie Bradley level then it simply doesn't matter)

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

pretty sure you'd be singing a different tune at this point a year ago

his stock is down no doubt, but he's still incredibly young.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Anderson to Colorado for drew pomeranz and Chris Jensen.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

poor Anderson
Old 12-10-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rip brett anderson

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with getting Pomeranz and Jensen, I wasn't expecting a big return. We also save some money. Anderson is a pretty good groundball pitcher, so he might not be doomed pitching at Coors. He just needs to stay healthy.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

More importantly for Oakland, Anderson is only 9 months older than Pomeranz yet the A's now have 5 more years of control on Pomeranz while Colorado only has 2 more years of control on Anderson
Old 12-10-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I think it's cause he is so one dimensional. He isn't great defensively even at first and they can't put him there with Goldschmidt. Obviously they can't DH him. So they get a guy who when he makes contact can hit a HR and drive in runs but his AVG and OBP are just garbage.

It's like Adam Dunn but worse... way worse.
He's not even Adam Dunn at his worst. Dunn has tremendous plate patience and was always in the upper echelon of OBP during his prime, outside of 2011, he's never really had a "bad" season, or at least one with the OBP Trumbo regularly puts up. Trumbo is more like Tony Batista in 1999 and 2000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what will the dodgers get back for matt kemp? Prospects for a David Price trade is the only thing I've seen going around.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post

Trumbo was a Ranger killer, so I'm glad he's gone. Send over this guy who couldn't handle NL batters.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, trading with the DBacks is so easy to do that even the Angels managed to win their trade.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can I haz Gardner in SF plznowkthx.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Can I haz Gardner in SF plznowkthx.
Don't worry Gary Brown is coming.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I might actually kill someone if it meant the Sox would trade to get Masterson back. I always really liked the guy and I know he still loves the organization. The likelihood of this happening is pretty nonexistent though.

I would also kill for Choo but too much money and we have the amazing Gomes in LF....

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 12-11-2013 at 11:33 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Indians won 92 games last year so of course they would flirt with the idea of trading their ace after losing two pitchers in free agency.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote