Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-11-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He's still around?
Yes, Corey, the Blue Jays just signed him.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yes, Corey, the Blue Jays just signed him.
I don't care for this tone, Michael. Why don't you go buy a $10 million house in Austin?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Colon to Mets 2 years $20 million. Awesome signing even with small regression. Go Sandy on this one! We just need a SS and some bullpen arms and another depth type SP and I'd be pretty happy all things considered.
I'm fine with Mejia as a #5.

I would just go after bullpen and SS.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't care for this tone, Michael. Why don't you go buy a $10 million house in Austin?
Only if you'll move there with me.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohka is a knuckleball project

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:39 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Edinson Volquez to the Pirates on a 1 year, 5 million dollar term. I like it.
I don't hate it. But I do hate the fact that this and the Morton extension all but definitely mean Burnetts out of the picture.

I do love the Morton extension though.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Only if you'll move there with me.
Sounds good to me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I don't hate it. But I do hate the fact that this and the Morton extension all but definitely mean Burnetts out of the picture.

I do love the Morton extension though.
That Morton extension was a great freaking deal... especially if he can be do what he did last season.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I'm fine with Mejia as a #5.

I would just go after bullpen and SS.
I'm fine with Mejia as the #5 to begin the season also but we can't rely on him. He hasn't been healthy one full season practically his whole career. We need 1 more vet SP even if it's a cheap sign.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm fine with Mejia as the #5 to begin the season also but we can't rely on him. He hasn't been healthy one full season practically his whole career. We need 1 more vet SP even if it's a cheap sign.
I'm surprised you like the Colon signing. Are the Mets competing this year? No. So you're counting on him being good in 2015 and paying him 10 million. That's a pretty big risk for a team with financial issues.

You could have had Phil Hughes for 3 years at 8 million. While his top end value isn't as high, it seems safer to me. Sandy just throwing mid range contracts at his buddy Billy's leftover. King of LEftovers?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If nothing else, the Mets cooks trade Colon. That contract isn't completely offensive.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
If nothing else, the Mets cooks trade Colon. That contract isn't completely offensive.
It's not if he went to a contending team. It just doesn't make sense to the for the Mets. However his trade value could be very volatile. He was amazing last year, but he just seems like a ticking time bomb ready to blow. 40 year old pitching like that after serving a steroid suspension the year before?

Last edited by Jughead10 : 12-12-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol Rangers drafted Russell Wilson in the Rule 5 draft

oh and the Phillies signed Fausto Roberto Carmona Hernandez

Marlins traded Justin Ruggiano to the Cubs for Brian Bogusevic

Giants signed Mike Morse to a 1yr/$5 mill deal(loaded with incentives of course)
Old 12-12-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm surprised you like the Colon signing. Are the Mets competing this year? No. So you're counting on him being good in 2015 and paying him 10 million. That's a pretty big risk for a team with financial issues.

You could have had Phil Hughes for 3 years at 8 million. While his top end value isn't as high, it seems safer to me. Sandy just throwing mid range contracts at his buddy Billy's leftover. King of LEftovers?
$10 million is not a big risk in the game today and as stated we could always trade Colon.

We still have very good pitching even without Harvey so if we make a few more moves anything is possible. I just want to see a winning team again. We can't just continually lose a ton of games every year or the fanabse will never come back so we do need the appearance that we are slowly getting better and the last feew moves have shown that. With the 2nd WC anything is possible even though I'm hoping we just get to .500 this year.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 12-12-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Lol Rangers drafted Russell Wilson in the Rule 5 draft

oh and the Phillies signed Fausto Roberto Carmona Hernandez

Marlins traded Justin Ruggiano to the Cubs for Brian Bogusevic

Giants signed Mike Morse to a 1yr/$5 mill deal(loaded with incentives of course)
I could see Wilson leaving the Seahwaks for the Rangers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-12-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's still around?
This was exactly my response as well.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Just heard this interesting piece of news.

The Yankees interest in Masterson, which has been shot down, was to then flip him to Arizona for Didi Gregorius.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Mike Morse, but now he's on the Giants makes me change my tune, at least for this year

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
I like Mike Morse, but now he's on the Giants makes me change my tune, at least for this year
This post explains my feelings perfectly as well.

Dodgers were supposed to be the front runners for a deal with Price...but looks like it may have fell through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
$10 million is not a big risk in the game today and as stated we could always trade Colon.

We still have very good pitching even without Harvey so if we make a few more moves anything is possible. I just want to see a winning team again. We can't just continually lose a ton of games every year or the fanabse will never come back so we do need the appearance that we are slowly getting better and the last feew moves have shown that. With the 2nd WC anything is possible even though I'm hoping we just get to .500 this year.
Plus Sandy is fighting for his job. And they weren't going to get any other big-time FA, so it's better to spend 10mil than just sit on it.

The "they aren't contending this year so why bother" argument is stupid. They made their team better for this year. They can absolutely compete if they make another move for a bat. They now have a very solid rotation even without Harvey.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Plus Sandy is fighting for his job. And they weren't going to get any other big-time FA, so it's better to spend 10mil than just sit on it.

The "they aren't contending this year so why bother" argument is stupid. They made their team better for this year. They can absolutely compete if they make another move for a bat. They now have a very solid rotation even without Harvey.
No one said why bother. I just don't think it is smart use of what is for the Mets, limited resources. I'd rather have a guy with a higher floor but maybe a lower ceiling. A safer signing. Lock that pitcher up to a longer deal so they're under contract in what will hopefully be better years for the Mets.

How many team do you think were offering Colon a second year? I'm sure he jumped at the first team to offer that second year.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
No one said why bother. I just don't think it is smart use of what is for the Mets, limited resources. I'd rather have a guy with a higher floor but maybe a lower ceiling. A safer signing. Lock that pitcher up to a longer deal so they're under contract in what will hopefully be better years for the Mets.

How many team do you think were offering Colon a second year? I'm sure he jumped at the first team to offer that second year.
I'm sure he did also. I'm also sure the Mets would have rather given him 1/10 so it was probably 2/20 or no Colon.

I completely disagree with your first point. Show me the guy you'd rather have, that would be willing to sign for so little? If you can, I'm on board. But no such player exists.

As you mentioned, they have limited resources. So they may not have been able to land Garza or Arroyo. And signing them to a 4+ huge deal would not be smart. They expect to have Harvey, Montero, and Syndegard for 2015, so having Arroyo with 3 more years at a high price wouldn't make any sense.

If the Mets signing Colon stopped them from adding a different quality FA (maybe Drew) this year, then that's bad use of their resources. But I think Sandy had about 10mil to play with and he could have either sat on it or spent it on Colon. I highly doubt they passed on other FAs.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I said I'd rather have a 29 year old Hughes for 3 years at 24 million. There are a bunch of pitchers un-signed.

I also don't think the Mets especially need starting pitching.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

That doesn't help because Hughes was already gone when they signed Colon.

And Hughes is awful, and now you're locked into a third year... bleh.

If this deal prohibits them from signing Drew, then I guess it wasn't that smart. But I don't think they had enough for Drew anyway. I think they want to get a SS in a trade.

BTW, do the Brewers have any SS they can give up for Ike?
Old 12-12-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Phil Hughes sucks.