Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-13-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
boone logan to the rockies. 3 yr/16.5m.. what will the yanks' bullpen look like this year?
Sounds like they want to sign a closer/8 inning guy to compete with Robertson.

So besides those two, I'd say:

Shawn Kelley
Preston Claiborne
A long reliever: Warren, Phelps or someone else
They're real high on Cesar Cabral as a lefty reliever
And then who knows
Old 12-13-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like an awful pitching staff.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll wait and see who they get to bring in with Robertson. They also seem to be interested in lefties also. Relievers can get gobbled up late in the process. Also they have a lot of pitching quality in the minors. And when I say quality I mean a ton of bodies who could be #5/long relievers, no top end quality. I'm sure they can find one of those guys to be a pretty decent reliever if they only have to go one inning and change.

I also forgot about Vidal Nuno. Pitched great starting in the WBC last year and then pitched very well in the short time between when he was called up and then got injured. Another lefty.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Talk of Billy Butler & Prospects going to Toronto.

There's nothing on Toronto's roster I'd trade either Bill Butler OR prospects for. I almost can't wait to see how badly Dayton is going to **** this up.

All that ************ had to do this off-season was trade relievers for a 2B (Arizona or Washington would be ideal partners) and pickup a couple starters on 1-2 year deals. The Aoki deal was nice, but he ****** up with that Vargas contract and I really don't trust him to do anything positive going forward.
Sounds like you got your 2B at least. Infante for 4/30 is a solid move.
Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think a fair price for Matt Garza is? I'm surprised to be seeing the Twins in rumors for him and it has me a little nervous that we're going to overpay him being that he's on the wrong side of 30 already.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he is probably going to go in the 4 years $50 plus range but honestly I don't think I would be willing to do more then 3 at $35
Old 12-13-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still can't believe Kendrys Morales declined a qualifying offer. He should have signed it within seconds of being offered it.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I think he is probably going to go in the 4 years $50 plus range but honestly I don't think I would be willing to do more then 3 at $35
no way he goes for that but I'd love him for that price

he's getting 4yr/$60 mill at least IMO. I think he'll sign for 5yr/$70-$75 mill in the end
Old 12-13-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way the Twins are paying him the prices you guys are throwing out. That's kind of a relief to be honest. I'm surprised he even has interest given the history with him and the management here.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Sounds like you got your 2B at least. Infante for 4/30 is a solid move.
Yeah, that one was pretty solid.

I don't mind trading Butler, but they need to get a vRHP masher back. The whole point, in theory, would be to allow Sal Perez to DH vLHP to save his knees. That makes sense.

I'm hoping they can pull Lind and Happ for Butler and a C/B- prospect package. That'd put the team in a pretty good spot for 2014 and beyond since they'd have 3 years of control over both Happ and Lind and be able to decide whether to keep them on a year to year basis.

I think Happ would look really good at the K in front of that defense.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Happ would look really good at the K in front of that defense.
Based on what, exactly?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Based on what, exactly?
Solid FIP and K/9 numbers throughout his career. His defense has failed him everywhere he's been.

Compare Happ against Guthrie... Happ is a respectable #2 in the current Royals rotation.

Last edited by nepg : 12-13-2013 at 10:17 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Compare Happ against Guthrie... Happ is a respectable #2 in the current Royals rotation.
I think that just shows that the Royals have an awful rotation. His FIP isn't exactly stellar, or even average.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I think that just shows that the Royals have an awful rotation. His FIP isn't exactly stellar, or even average.
It's pretty average attached to a pitcher with above average stuff, and actual performance would translate to him being potentially very productive with the Royals.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Axford to Indians. Gavin Floyd to Braves.

Very good under the radar moves that have a chance to really pay off for both teams.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-16-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Francona is a traditionalist and still believes in a "proven closer", which is dumb, but Axford is a low-risk gamble that could pay off.

I am increasingly in favor of using your best relievers earlier, so to that end I like the move.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Towers strikes again. Trades Matt Davidson for a crappy closer in Addison Reed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-16-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy the Floyd got a job, not happy he got it with the Braves.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Francona is a traditionalist and still believes in a "proven closer", which is dumb, but Axford is a low-risk gamble that could pay off.

I am increasingly in favor of using your best relievers earlier, so to that end I like the move.
the appropriate way to use you best reliever is in what you assume could be the highest leverage scenario in the game. there's a chart in some dense baseball statistics book i own, but it is based on expected runs that will come from a given scenario
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ellis signs with Cards. Good for him. Glad to see he has had a long successful career.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
What the actual ****?
Old 12-16-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
the appropriate way to use you best reliever is in what you assume could be the highest leverage scenario in the game. there's a chart in some dense baseball statistics book i own, but it is based on expected runs that will come from a given scenario
Right. Which frequently comes in the 7th and 8th innings, not the 9th.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I never got that either. Why would you save someone like Mariano Rivera for the 9th inning in a 2 run game if Miguel Cabrera, Prince Fielder and Victor Martinez were coming up in the 8th?

And to my knowledge no manager consistently plays it the way you are suggesting. Even someone as forward thinking as Maddon.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
true, just seemed like you were generalizing
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
dumbdumbdumbdumbdumb

but we all knew KT was gonna trade for a RP

Holmberg, Eaton, Skaggs & Davidson for Trumbo & Reed and the dumping of Heath Bell

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote